on 19 July 2014
Lili Saint Germain is one of my favourite authors and has blown everything out of the water with this book, this is number five in the Gypsy Brothers series and it is the darkest, intensely twisted and certainly most intense of the lot so far. Three years is what I wanted and so much more; family betrayals and secrets revealed, dark and twisted plans set in place, evilness, a delusional Dornan and heart breaking decisions made then changed....

Juliette is now known to all as her real name so the change from Sammi takes a while for the reader to get used to, but there's no point in denying herself to Dornan anymore. She is seriously in trouble as that man is crazy at best then Satan at his worst, and she is wanting the one thing he will never give her.... The end of everything. In this book Dornan takes torture to a whole new level of torment and malevolence. Lili can really get you into the mind of her characters and I felt everything Juliette did during those scenes with Dornan...pain, despair, revenge, anger and acceptance.

Lili takes us on a heart stopping, heart wrenching and breathe taking journey in Three Years, we meet new characters whom I'm thinking are not what they appear to be and those last few chapters are going to change everything for everyone!!

Without giving too much away I'll ask when you want the one thing in life with all you have, can any secret change what your heart really desires?? Lili leaves us with that question. Roll on September as I need to know what happens next now!!!

***** I was gifted a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review *****
on 20 July 2014
So what we know so far before this book - Three years is this. Jules had suffered badly at the hands of Dornan and his sons, and after managing to get away took herself off far away to ensure her new identity goes ahead without anyone finding her before she's ready for revenge.

After Jules or Sammi as she now known has successfully infiltrated The gypsy brothers her revenge begins. But to what cost.....

So you know with this series I'm not giving anything away-its that good. I have to tell you though this book has lots and lots of OMG, WTF moments, I think I held my breath all the way through. If this was a film, I would of either paused it, gone for a walk, closed my eyes or looked through my fingers. If you disliked Dornan but YOUR going to HATE him now, although I am going to admit in a certain place in the book for a fleeting moment I actually felt sorry for him, I said fleeting, It was that fleeting I almost missed it.

Lili, OMG girl. I say this every time. YOU ARE TRYING TO KILL ME WITH THIS SERIES.

The plot in this book is so well thought out. Each book brings something different and it flows perfectly. Lili has an exceptional talent. The character's come out of the book when your reading. I love this series. It has truly amazing characters, a stunning plot. It's Fantastic.

This series isn't just about revenge it's about survival.

If there is one series this year/month your thinking of buying, without a doubt Its this one. You don't want to miss it.

This gets 5/5 stars and 5/5 for movie moments.
on 20 July 2014
Best one yet!!!!!

Was unbelievably amazing, the story is getting better and better. There are so many twist and turns.

Jules is going through so much pain at the hands of Dornan after he captured her.

She is still trying to fight her way and not give in, she's trapped in a dungeon trying to figure out a way she can escape. Although she so weak from being beaten and abused.

This book will leave you gasping for air as you hold your breath throughout trying to keep up with all the amazing action.

I'm so looking forward to September when I get my hands on Two Roads.

Congrats on an amazing story and series it just keeps getting better.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 July 2014
'Seven Sons' took me by surprise, it was a difficult read but addictive, 'Six Brothers' seemed repetitive and I worried this series had peaked with the first book, 'Five Miles' however was back on track but then 'Four Score' was for me a bit disappointing, I had mixed feelings but I was already committed to this series so I was always going to continue so I was excited when the reviews for 'Three Years' started to appear and they were all good.
This is one of the most difficult books I've ever read and I struggled, really struggled with it, there's a reason I read romance books but despite the dark intense nature of this book it's horribly addictive.
Juliette's secret is out, she's no longer Sammi she's Juliette and she's at the total mercy of Dornan and even though I've read this book I still can't fully comprehend exactly what it must be like although this book does paint an amazing picture. Dornan, who's sanity is questionable at the best of times has the woman responsible for the death of his sons and he makes her suffer, over and over again and when it says 'there are things worse than death' when you've read this book you'll know exactly what that means.
Just waiting for 'Two Roads' now
on 13 September 2014
*** I received a copy of this novella in exchange for an honest review ***

As much as I wanted to read Three Years (Gypsy Brothers #5) I was anxious at the same time, with the way the last book ended I so terrified for Juliette. How she was going to suffer at the hands of Dornan now he knows who she really is, that she tried to kill him, and was responsible for the death of four of his sons. Revenge is now his!

“However bad you think this is going to be? It’s going to be so much worse.”

All I can say is before reading this one I thought I had seen the extent of Doran’s evilness, but that was just the icing on the cake! In this one, he is just a crazy psychopath, a monster, and his evilness has no bounds, He just made my skin crawl, and I hated him. I just can’t believe what Juliette goes through. It’s dark reading at times. For the most part, she tries to be strong not give up, but at times it's too much for her

“There are things worse than death. And now, I know all of them”

Don’t go into this book thinking you know what’s going to happen, because you don’t, this was crazy, completely f***ed up, with more twist and turns, secrets are revealed, oh! And my theory on Jason was true. Like the last book, the ending was intense, and I have been yet again anxiously biting my fingers, and I was desperate to know what is going to happen next in the penultimate book of the series Two Roads. And it's with a heavy heart that I have to say I don’t have to read it now as it's yet to be released. So I’m left like everyone else for the next exciting installment.

"What do you get when you cross two vengeful beasts?........"You get a war."

All I can say is this book list the rest of the series is a must read!! If you haven’t read it then, I would highly recommend that you 1- click all five novellas now as if twisted dark romance stories are your thing then you should try this series you won’t be disappointed. I just love what Lili St. Germain has done so far with this series.
on 9 September 2014
After the ending to Four Score, I immediately started Three Years, the drama all kicked off and Dornan finally discovered the truth about ‘Sammi’. I knew Dornan was one twisted individual and Three Years showcased him in all his glory.

“I know you think this is going to be bad,” he had said, his grip against my face almost enough to break my jaw, “but however bad you think this is going to be? It’s going to be so. Much. Worse.”

If you have been a fan of the series so far, I will say Three Years is probably the toughest one to read. It’s gruesome, dirty and raw. Dornan is a monster and his death can’t come quick enough for me. He is hell bent on torturing Juliette for the death of his sons and her betrayal. His methods are horrid and I really felt for Juliette. Dornan wasn’t going to give up.

“If you f******* die on me before I’m finished with you, I’ll come down and drag you out of hell myself.”

Although it wasn’t easy to read at times, the story was entertaining and I really wanted Jase to be Juliette’s knight in shining armour. More secrets were revealed and Jase was hiding an agenda of his own. As I was reading, I did question some of the events. Especially the treatment of Juliette and I questioned if she bled that much each day without food and water, was it physiologically possible for her to survive that long. I know I’m being pedantic but these thoughts were running through my head as I was reading.

Juliette suffered the most horrible abuse at the hands of Dornan and she couldn’t believe the type of monster he became.

“How could you watch me come into this world,” I whisper, “and then take my world away from me?”

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any crazier, Dornan decides to change tactics and has another plan for Juliette. He wants to rebuild the Gypsy Brothers. I had my own theories about the situation and I was glad to discover I was right. I can’t wait to see how the story will unfold.

I really enjoyed Three Years. There were twists, turns, and revelations I wasn’t expecting. This series really has kept me guessing and it has been entertaining. I was a little annoyed with Juliette towards the end, she knew how crazy Dornan was and she was taking it out on Jase and what he was made to do. But I believe that will be cleared up in Two Roads. I can’t wait for the next part, Juliette and Jase still have a way to go and Dornan is still breathing! ~Ava

“He’s going to tear the world down until he finds me and makes me pay.”
on 21 August 2014
THREE YEARS (Gypsy Brothers #5) by LILI ST GERMAIN

FIVE STARS

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse Nuttall on behalf of Kindle Friends Forever.

This is the fifth book in the Gypsy Brothers series which must be read in order. A warning; this is a very dark read full of vengeance, deception, abduction, rape, violence, and torture. Yes! Torture underlined and highlighted because even under the conditions Julie is in, Dornan never conforms. He always has the upper-hand, and he always wants more in a contorted storyline which will leave you literally spent! What I liked more than anything about this short read was how the author had slipped in a few snippets to help one reflect on past events and for that, I am truly grateful.

"Funny," I whisper. "I never gave your sons a choice."

Julie's endurance to fight those who abused her when she was younger will have no closure until she has succeeded in wiping out a whole family. She will stop at nothing. But all the extreme lengths she had taken to cover her tracks in the past, aren't enough. Now she finds herself in dire straits; however, her furious anger will feed her survival instincts. Facing the person who has caused her soul, her very being to be consumed with hatred, will be the ultimate test in a book that has a horrendous scenario. Will she be condemned to hell?

"..., I'll come down and drag you out of hell myself."

She'd fooled him. He found out what her game was. Now Dornan wants revenge, too. This man is one very sick SOB! And there is no-one who is going to stop him on his quest to break her. Not only has the head of the family had an important part to play in Julie's life, but we will also discover secrets which absolutely floored me!

"Have I ever lied to you, baby girl?"

Towards the end of this story, we're thrown into an extremely realistic shoot-out scene. It wasn't difficult to imagine bullets flying around one's head; god-dammit, I had to duck! And just before all this happens, Dornan's youngest son, Jase, enters into the plot! Well, in most circumstances we would say better late than never; it's about time lover boy showed up, yeah? Not in this case though. When Julie finds out his true colours; her emotions run wild. She's ecstatic in one breath, she's distraught in another. Why? One-click to find out what the love of her life has done to deserve her rebuff, why the title is what it is.

"Tell her, son. Tell her what you did."

Even though the new character introduced to us isn't exactly going to save the day, he did give his pound of flesh, so how could I not connect to him? I was glad to see the back of some undesirables who had a huge part to play in the other books, too. The battle of wills between the two main protagonists is well thought out, the storyline's flow is impeccable. Ms Germain, while reading your exceptional book, I thanked god for best friends. Throughout, you have managed to make my feelings run riot. You are an extremely descriptive writer and it is plain to see that you have taken a lot of trouble not to leave out the smallest detail. Bravo!

"I'm not going anywhere," he says, "I'm never leaving you again."
on 17 August 2014
I am still feeling the impact of shock and numbness that never left my side as I read Three Years. To say I put off reading this was an understatement because Dornan Ross lived up to those echoed words of making Juliette suffer “so much worse”. Some pages were hard to stomach as Dornan proved again he is one sick f*** holding Juliette prisoner, inflicting excruciating pain as his revengeful mind carved her suffering in the most unimaginable pain you could comprehend by a man so possessively evil. Dornan Ross gloated in his power over Juliette as he took over her body and tried to get inside her mind, relentless in his punishments every time he entered her darkened world and thrived on what he saw as her defeat his win. My heart was in my throat every time Dornan tortured Juliette, wanting the man dead already for his cruel ways and fearing how much of Juliette’s resolve could keep her alive when my own would have long gone. I loved Juliette because her character is one hell of a fighter, surviving alone with no outside help she still gave Dornan what for and welcomed his pain to aid unconsciousness. This book will certainly push your limits and test your faith to keep reading, as Juliette fights to survive with so many adversities thrown her way and the sick twists that you did not see unfolding. I loved my hero’s Jase and Elliot their scenes were explosive. I’m so ready to see where Two Roads takes Juliette, Jase and Elliot!
on 6 August 2014
www.lovebooksblogbooks.blogspot.co.uk

WARNING!!! THERE WILL BE SPOILERS FROM BOOK 4, I WARN YOU NOW NOT TO READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY READ IT!!

I grabbed this book as soon as I got an email from Lili Saint Germain announcing the books release! Although I couldn't start it straight away as I had another review book on the go. But this morning I had to pick it up, and it was read in one sitting. I just can't get enough of this series!! Which is why I am pretty darn excited about the prequel trilogy 'Cartel' which is being released next year!

Ok, so Four Score ended with Dornan finding out about Juliette, and Three Years picks right up shortly after. I love the darkness of this story. It focuses on Juliette being held captive by Dornan, and pops out some damn good surprises throughout.

Of course there is a lot of darkness, especially in the torture she endures, but it was way more than I expected. Read the book and you'll find out! what I mean!! Old faces appear too. Who you ask? I won't say :)

Ms Saint Germain again manages to pull you in right from the first line of the book, and holds your attention extremely well to the end! I'm so excited for book 6, but it isn't out until September, so time better hurry itself on up!!!
on 21 July 2014
Wow, can this series get any better.......Yes,yes,yes it can and does. Another fantastic roller-coaster ride of emotions from Lili St Germain, after the heart stopping ending of book 4 things could only get worse for Juliette, how much pain and heartbreak can one person take, what does Dornan have planned? I sat on the edge of my seat not able to put this down, if you haven't started this series yet do yourself a favour and do it today you won't be sorry.