This is a compact tablet stand.

The best way to show you what it looks like is via a video, so I have made a video review. If you do not enlarge the video to full screen, it sometimes plays with sound but no video (a blank, black screen) - this seems to be an Amazon glitch. To cure it, press the 'full screen' icon.

If you are reading this on a mobile phone, you may be unable to view the video - you will be able to watch it on a computer or tablet.

Disclaimer: I received this product for free in exchange for my honest & unbiased review. One of the reasons why I have made a video is that I do not want you to take my word for what it is like – with a video, you can judge for yourself.
88 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2015
This is now my favourite tablet stand. So easy to open and close. I carry it around with me. It's small, it's discreet, it's stylish and it does the job. What more can I ask for? There is sufficient padding on the bottom, back support and gripping grooves to protect your tablet/smartphone from damage. The portability and size of the product is what appeals most to me and therefore I would not hesitate to purchase again.
on 7 October 2014
This was excellent - I already had one of these so I knew what I was ordering and needed another one - it arrived in good time and to my surprise it came with several tablet screen cleaning cloths. Excellent value for money.
on 29 March 2015
I bought this after a bit of lateral thinking to use with my newly-purchased Tascam DP008EX recording studio. I don't find it comfortable or convenient recording with it flat on the table. This stand holds it snugly at an angle, so you can see the display and operate the controls without getting a bad back from craning over. None of the other Kindle/tablet stands I looked at were suitable as they wouldn't allow leads to be plugged in. This works fine and seems well made. It takes up no space when folded, so easy to carry.
on 16 March 2015
Very pleased with this product. After reading reviews on cheaper and more expensive ones, I decided to plump for this one. It works extremely well and supports my iPad 2 both in landscape and portrait view. It des not feel as though the ratchet mechanism will fail any time soon, so seems like a perfect buy.
on 15 June 2016
It's made from plastic and feels as such. Ratchet joint on the twin feet support would not open and I almost sent the item back as faulty, one last try using unreasonable force saw the joint move and open. It moves OK now. Like others have stated, use it with a larger tablet, such as the Tesco Hudle or larger, and it becomes unstable, perhaps Blu Tack on the feet may be a solution. In truth if the stand had cost more than £10 it would have gone back, as it is I'll throw it in my bag in the expectation I may use it one day.
I was kindly provided this stand for review, I hadn’t actually contemplated buying one since up until now I was quite happy laying my Nexus 7 on the table/kitchen worktop whenever I used it. But in all absolute honesty if this stand broke tomorrow I would be replacing it as I have found it to be a an invaluable and quality little product for a number of reasons.

Firstly it folds up neatly and stores away in my laptop bag very neatly (I measured it as 18.5 x 3 x 2.5cm when folded), it’s also fairly light so you won’t realise you have it with you if travelling with this stand.

The stand unexpectedly comes with 5 screen cleaning cloths, neatly packed in the box which was a nice touch and they are very good at cleaning considering I didn’t think my screen was that dirty, but these cloths buffed it up better than I had thought, perhaps meaning my Nexus was also dirtier than I had thought.

I find myself often reaching for the stand now, normally if I am watching a film or sometimes if I have an article I want to read, I’ll often find the angle the stand provides easier than laying my tablet flat on the table (it also works great with a Kindle). It’s also useful as I tend to use my Nexus a lot when cooking, as I often find recipes from the internet, which leads me to a very unexpected use of this stand (as my wife did not know what it was for!)…. Considering this stand is meant purely for 7 – 10inch tablets my wife has decided she will use it as a cookbook stand (I have uploaded some product images as proof of her… ingenuity). At first I thought her comical but now I’m thinking why not? The stand is sturdy and large enough to take a fairly weighty cook book but again I must emphasize this isn’t the stand’s primary function and it really is better suited to its purpose as a tablet stand.

The stand has three parts whereby you can adjust the stand to make it the perfect angle and aspect for whatever you are using this for. The feet of the stand are texturised so it does not slip on our shiny kitchen worktop. Also the part of the stand where you rest the back of your tablet is also textured, again meaning we have had no issues with our tablet staying put. A great, fit for purpose little stand that I would not hesitate to recommend.

I was kindly provided a sample by the manufacturer to review; the opinions expressed here are entirely my own view of the product.
on 13 July 2015
The price is okay. However, the stand is unstable when using a 10 inch tablet, particularly in portrait mode. This is because the upright support is too short and the whole thing has a tendency to topple over because it is based on a triangular design. It would probably work better if the base legs were made of metal rather than lightweight plastic. It would be all right with smaller screens, but I can't really recommend this if you want to use it with the large ones. It really rates 2 and a half stars as I have a Kindle Fire and will use it with that.
on 7 November 2015
Just received this and set it up in less than a minute. To be honest I wasn't expecting much due to the low price but it does the job nicely. I've put my Fire HDX 8.9 on it and tried the different viewing angles and seems sturdy enough for the tablet so I'm pleased with my purchase.
on 28 July 2015
This is really a neat product that I take with me on my travels. It folds down to a handy size and fits in my hand luggage very easily. Other people have commented on it positively when they have seen it. It really does do the job for looking at my iPad. Great value too. I recommend this to other buyers.

See one answered question