Price:£53.99 - £126.00

on 22 January 2015
I purchased this as an add on to go with my newly acquired V800 watch and am very pleased with it. A little stab of fear when the packaging said 'compatible with iphone' (or something like that) but never fear, setup with the watch was trivially easy and took but seconds.

In use it opens up new options on the V800 and provides MUCH better view of pace as you run - immediate feedback and no erroneous readings due to GPS errors from tall buildings or whatever. (Incidentally, in contrast to what you may read elsewhere, the V800 allows you to choose whether to use the stride sensor or GPS for speed info). I imagine the same would be true for any user running with an iphone instead of a watch as their training computer.

Accuracy wise, it did take a little bit more calibration to bed in than I expected but this can be done both automatically via the GPS and manually. Different calibration settings can be stored by sport eg treadmill running, road running, etc. which I thought is pretty good and helps to optimize accuracy (on the V800).
on 28 August 2014
Interfaces to the Polar paid for app without any problems on an iPhone. I don't know what it does on the free app
Calibrating on a treadmill is ok as you know the distance you have covered. I don't know how easy it would be if you were on the road unless you used a GPS app as well to get you exact distance.
When I bought it I expected it to operate as a pedometer as well but it doesn't seem to perform this function. If anyone out there knows if there is a way to do this please post
on 18 December 2014
It works mechanically but the distances are regularly +/- 20% over a 5-8k distance
on 27 September 2014
Easy to pair, works exactly as expected great product.
on 22 September 2014
Great product works very well with the polar beat iphone app, but that is where it ends as so far I have not found any of my other apps support it, which includes Endomundo and Pear. I have therefore found I do not use it as the Polar app just does not offer enough.
on 30 August 2014
Awesome!
on 23 November 2014
Falls our for about 30 sek during training. Do not know why. Online once per excercise