Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: DVDChange

on 24 August 2014
Having seen the great TAAB shows in Gateshead and Amsterdam I was really looking forward to seeing this concert on DVD and I am equally impressed. The sound quality is excellent and the first part of the show (TAAB1) brings back great memories from the 70's.
As followers of Ian Anderson/Tull will appreciate, Ian's voice isn't what it was a few years ago but this does not detract from the quality of the show. To me, Ian's vocals are noticably better on the second part (TAAB2) and the excellent musicianship from each band member continues practically note perfect. A great live DVD. I just want Ian Anderson to go on and on......how about Homo Erraticus 2 followed up by a DVD similar to this one?
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My first ever review on Amazon. I'm so impressed by this it had to be done. Ian Anderson and the tightest band you'll ever see or hear, perform the classic JethroTull Thick As A Brick plus Ian Anderson's TAAB2 in their entirety.

Not a bum note anywhere. Superb theatrics from IA and a few surprises along the way.

I have a s*** hot hifi and cinema system and many live concerts leave me unimpressed. Not this. Sound quality is stunning. As good as it gets. Trust me.

If you like Tull you just have to get this
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2014
this is a very good live Album DVD all I can say is if your just starting out been a fan of Tul
go out I buy the DVD OR[ Blu-ray ] the cd is good as well
on 22 October 2015
Brilliant fun. Ian Anderson has put together a superb band which is NOT his usual Jethro Tull suspects. They use original instruments, which adds added authenticity. Anderson supplements his vocals with those of a younger, fitter model, who both acts and sings superbly. It's a good fit. I get slightly irritated by how much rubato Ian Anderson uses as he sings but one gets used to it. I've always enjoyed his composing and his ability on flute and guitars small and large.
For me the revelation was Thick as a Brick 2, which I had never heard. This, like its original predecessor is a pastiche, parody, call it what you will, except this time there are references to TAAB 1, which are funny. Lovely comic audience bits, fabulous sound and recording.
My review is of the Blu Ray disc which is just fabulous with its HD Master track and clear vision.
on 30 May 2015
Good to have both Thick As A Brick and Thick As A Brick 2 in full on one DVD (especially after attending this concert in the UK). Ian Anderson's voice has deteriorated somewhat since the original Thick As A brick but still a magical performer. Guaranteed to please his fans.
on 1 July 2015
This is a very good deal-you get to hear two albums in their entirety for a low price! A lot of excellent music done live in concert. I don't miss Jethro Tull because he can do more diverse types of music.
on 28 September 2014
Standard Definition in 2014 isn't acceptable. Even smart phones these days shoot HD. Why release a Blu-Ray that has only standard definition picture quality - soft and with interlacing comb effects on distant shots of movement? The concert itself is excellent, although I could have done without the "Dame Edna" corny audience interaction on prostate cancer, he embarrassingly amateur video footage and the drum solo. Fortunately the DTS 5.1 audio makes this worth purchasing - it's a superb recording of a great performance. Unlike others I didn't have a problem with Ian Anderson's vocal performance, but I felt the second singer added for the performance was too quiet in the mix and do got lost. I'd have preferred Anderson even if he hasn't got the vocal range he used to have.
on 2 October 2015
As a long time fan of the original TAAB, this live performance of the original album in its entirety, and its much later successor is right up my street. I don't know how the performers hold the whole album in their head throughout.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2014
TAAB is my all time favorite album by Jethro Tull. Great music and good performance, Ian Anderson's vocals needs a collaboration by an alter ego actor.This tour deserves an official release, it's a shame not including subtitles with songs lyrics and comedy gags. Martin Barre and other historic members would have become this anniversary unforgettable.
11 comment2 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 May 2015
Great DVD. Quality is superb.