Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Colour Name: BlackStyle Name: WiredChange

on 8 August 2014
I spent a long time looking at various pairs of headphones and finally setted on these - despite the Beats bashers saying they're only for people who care about style over substance. Well, now I own a pair, I can safely say those people are wrong.

Yes - they are a good looking pair of headphones. I got comments on them in the office on the first day I bought them. And I've continued to get comments and questions about them after that. The shiny headband will attract fingerprints of course, but they're only really noticeable if you look closely anyway. The build quality is fantastic. The hinges lock solidly, the band adjusts well and doesn't pinch. I can wear these for long periods with no issue. The foam earcups are very comforable and the leatherette finish is lovely. The cable is thick, the L shaped connector is a nice touch and is well built, and I find the remote works well, and because it's a bit bigger, it's easier to change volume/play/pause than with some headphones.

When it comes to the audio, let me start with things that some people might not enjoy about the Beats. They do leak a little bit of sound, when they're at full pelt. Nothing major, but it might annoy a fellow train passenger if you're at full volume. Isolation is very good though - you won't hear that much of the outside world.

The soundstage is not flat. The headphones do bring out the bass without question, but it is NOT overwhelming, and the sound as a whole is pretty well balanced. You can hear highs and mids without trouble -- I've certainly heard parts of songs I didn't know existed before! It's a vast improvement on my pair of in-ear earphones, which I'd previously thought were pretty good.

If like me, you've been debating about getting a pair of these for a while, just take the plunge. The only thing you'll regret is you didn't get them before now!
on 5 November 2014
Beats headphones seem to attract polarised views. Some people love them; some people hate them.

I have used many different makes and types of headphones over the years. Nearly all of them seem to have some type of drawback - don't fit in my ears securely; uncomfortable; flimsy cable that tangles; poor bass response; harsh sound that jars after a while; fiddly controls; etc.

For me, these Beats headphones are simply the best I have ever used. From the moment you see the box, you get a high expectation that inside is a quality product. And there is. The headphones are inside a soft carry case. Some people have said they would prefer a hard case. I find the soft case is just fine. The headphones unfold with a satisfying 'click'. There is plenty of adjustment for different size heads. The cable is colour coordinated with the headphones, which is a nice touch. It is thicker than many other headphones so it is less likely to get all tangled up. It is a very decent length. It plugs into both the audio device and the headphones themselves with 3.5mm jack connectors. So the cable can be easily replaced if it breaks.

They are on (not over) ear. Other headphones of this type can push hard on the ears and become uncomfortable after a while. These headphones are really comfortable. The ear pads are very soft and grip with enough pressure to keep them securely in place but not so much as to be uncomfortable. I find that after a while I almost forget I have them on.

The sound quality is fantastic. You get a rich, full sound with a very solid but not overpowering bass. Some people say that they have heard new things in familiar songs when using these headphones. I have always been sceptical about this. Well I am wrong. Some familiar songs seem to have a new fresh feel and I am hearing things I have never heard before. This has really surprised me.

The in line control is a decent size and has a nice feel. It is very easy to use and you don't have to move your fingers around to make sure you are pressing the right button.

These headphones are not cheap but then I believe you get what you pay for. You are getting a high quality product with great sound and a comfortable fit. Just go and buy a pair, sit back and enjoy the music!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 September 2015
I have the wired version of these (there is a bluetooth version, I believe). I didn't buy the headphones on Amazon (bless 'em). They were given to me as a Christmas present. By someone who obviously thinks a lot about me, because they are really good headphones and they are not particularly cheap.

Apparently, they are well sought after by teenagers, because my 17 year old grandson is always asking to borrow them. Actually, I think that he is trying to get me to give them to him. But I won't, because they are great for serious listening.
I don't find them great for outdoors, or non-serious listening, because I prefer less obtrusive earphones for that. But, if you want to listen to music properly, then these are great.

They fold up neatly to fit in a carry bag (supplied) and the foam plus synthetic leather around the earpieces makes them very comfortable to wear. They also fold out and lock for use very well.

The sound produced is very good - almost faultless.

I don't particularly need a bluetooth version for my use. But, if I did, I know of a couple of very small bluetooth converters that will fit between my device and the headphones to do that job very well.

My grandson loves them, and I can't disagree with him.

Whether you buy or not, I hope that my review is helpful to you in some way when making your decision.
Thanks for reading it.
on 14 October 2015
i bought these headphones in July. I think my cables have gone dodgy so it affected the output of the headphone speaker so sometimes both ears will work other times only one will work. It depends on how i hold the cable as well so if i constantly keep it pushed into my device by pressing onto it it will work. Since it hasn't been a year will I be able to get it fixed, get a new cable or new headphones? Sorry, I could not find a contact message box.

PS. These headphones are great and I do not regret purchasing it at all.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2015
Absolutely amazing quality, very very pleased with my headphones, A word of warning though, if you put the headphones on and the sound is only coming out of one side, swap the plugs around the other way, I thought my first pair were broken when recieved but I just had the wires plugged in the wrong way round...
on 27 April 2015
Let's cut to the chase.

Audio quality is solid but using spotify premium I sometimes use the equalizer to get the best out of the headphones. Compared to earlier models these now go beyond a mere fashion accessory and actually provide a good listening experience.

The design may put some off. The headband can be tight and make your ears go warm and jaw feel clamped. However over the past few nights I have placed the headphones and stretched them over the box they came with and they are noticeably better and dont clamp as much.

Try these on before you buy the look good and are worth it to some but I do not regret purchase.
on 14 May 2015
Its a great product, have had it for almost a month and no signs of wear. However sound quality doesnt feel like its worth the price tag, cannot be compared to the studio 2.0
on 19 August 2015
Stopped working after 6 months - no way to return, no way to contact no refund possible.
Avoid purchasing. Should offer a warranty or at least a repair service.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2015
I was a rather reluctant to spend soo much money on a pair of headphones but I can honestly say that the sound quality is superior to most out there, well then ones we tried anyway. We went to a couple of shops (John Lewis and Currys) to try out various different makes both for sound and comfort of fit, we used our own ipod to plug into the demonstration headphones therefore comparing like for like. Having decided that the Beats were the ones to go for it was then a case of finding the right price and Amazon had them on offer so that was deal done!
on 12 October 2015
Best headphones I've ever used. The sound quality is second to none. I use mine whilst I'm in the bath, close my eyes and drift away into club land...