Colour Name: BlackChange

on 12 October 2015
Best headphones I've ever used. The sound quality is second to none. I use mine whilst I'm in the bath, close my eyes and drift away into club land...
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 4 September 2015
I have the wired version of these (there is a bluetooth version, I believe). I didn't buy the headphones on Amazon (bless 'em). They were given to me as a Christmas present. By someone who obviously thinks a lot about me, because they are really good headphones and they are not particularly cheap.

Apparently, they are well sought after by teenagers, because my 17 year old grandson is always asking to borrow them. Actually, I think that he is trying to get me to give them to him. But I won't, because they are great for serious listening.
I don't find them great for outdoors, or non-serious listening, because I prefer less obtrusive earphones for that. But, if you want to listen to music properly, then these are great.

They fold up neatly to fit in a carry bag (supplied) and the foam plus synthetic leather around the earpieces makes them very comfortable to wear. They also fold out and lock for use very well.

The sound produced is very good - almost faultless.

I don't particularly need a bluetooth version for my use. But, if I did, I know of a couple of very small bluetooth converters that will fit between my device and the headphones to do that job very well.

My grandson loves them, and I can't disagree with him.

Whether you buy or not, I hope that my review is helpful to you in some way when making your decision.
Thanks for reading it.
0Comment41 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 August 2014
I spent a long time looking at various pairs of headphones and finally setted on these - despite the Beats bashers saying they're only for people who care about style over substance. Well, now I own a pair, I can safely say those people are wrong.

Yes - they are a good looking pair of headphones. I got comments on them in the office on the first day I bought them. And I've continued to get comments and questions about them after that. The shiny headband will attract fingerprints of course, but they're only really noticeable if you look closely anyway. The build quality is fantastic. The hinges lock solidly, the band adjusts well and doesn't pinch. I can wear these for long periods with no issue. The foam earcups are very comforable and the leatherette finish is lovely. The cable is thick, the L shaped connector is a nice touch and is well built, and I find the remote works well, and because it's a bit bigger, it's easier to change volume/play/pause than with some headphones.

When it comes to the audio, let me start with things that some people might not enjoy about the Beats. They do leak a little bit of sound, when they're at full pelt. Nothing major, but it might annoy a fellow train passenger if you're at full volume. Isolation is very good though - you won't hear that much of the outside world.

The soundstage is not flat. The headphones do bring out the bass without question, but it is NOT overwhelming, and the sound as a whole is pretty well balanced. You can hear highs and mids without trouble -- I've certainly heard parts of songs I didn't know existed before! It's a vast improvement on my pair of in-ear earphones, which I'd previously thought were pretty good.

If like me, you've been debating about getting a pair of these for a while, just take the plunge. The only thing you'll regret is you didn't get them before now!
0Comment95 of 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 October 2015
Bought as a present for my teenage daughter, who loves them. Superb sound quality. Very comfortable.
on 5 November 2014
Beats headphones seem to attract polarised views. Some people love them; some people hate them.

I have used many different makes and types of headphones over the years. Nearly all of them seem to have some type of drawback - don't fit in my ears securely; uncomfortable; flimsy cable that tangles; poor bass response; harsh sound that jars after a while; fiddly controls; etc.

For me, these Beats headphones are simply the best I have ever used. From the moment you see the box, you get a high expectation that inside is a quality product. And there is. The headphones are inside a soft carry case. Some people have said they would prefer a hard case. I find the soft case is just fine. The headphones unfold with a satisfying 'click'. There is plenty of adjustment for different size heads. The cable is colour coordinated with the headphones, which is a nice touch. It is thicker than many other headphones so it is less likely to get all tangled up. It is a very decent length. It plugs into both the audio device and the headphones themselves with 3.5mm jack connectors. So the cable can be easily replaced if it breaks.

They are on (not over) ear. Other headphones of this type can push hard on the ears and become uncomfortable after a while. These headphones are really comfortable. The ear pads are very soft and grip with enough pressure to keep them securely in place but not so much as to be uncomfortable. I find that after a while I almost forget I have them on.

The sound quality is fantastic. You get a rich, full sound with a very solid but not overpowering bass. Some people say that they have heard new things in familiar songs when using these headphones. I have always been sceptical about this. Well I am wrong. Some familiar songs seem to have a new fresh feel and I am hearing things I have never heard before. This has really surprised me.

The in line control is a decent size and has a nice feel. It is very easy to use and you don't have to move your fingers around to make sure you are pressing the right button.

These headphones are not cheap but then I believe you get what you pay for. You are getting a high quality product with great sound and a comfortable fit. Just go and buy a pair, sit back and enjoy the music!
0Comment64 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2015
I love them so much. They are wonderfully made - the leather/leatherette padding on the ears is so soft and comfortable. The sound is incredible - I was worried the bass was going to be too strong based on other reviews, but that's not the case at all. The matte red colour on the rose blush is gorgeous too.
on 30 August 2015
Look good on anyone I use them a lot great to travel with material is Awesome can't fault the product ! Thank you!
on 17 October 2015
Brilliant sound and quality, so much so that I'm going to buy some for my son.
on 26 January 2016
Product arrive pretty quickly very impressed. However the headphones only work on apple products with the volume button. Tried it with samsung products the control button failed.
on 19 January 2016
At first, I wasnt too sure about buying these headphones, I thought it was just going to one of those big name, mass produced, low quality type thing but I was wrong.

At around £99, these are quite cheap, some go up to £150 and higher depending on where you buy. Also, these ones came from Germany and arrived pretty quick, a day earlier than they were supposed to (on a Sunday too of all days), which isnt bad.

Now, the quality, they're very well made, most of the headphones are made out of a solid plastic with a shiny painting, almost ceramic-like. The ear pads are a leather type fabric and are soft but not too soft.The metal connections holding everything together are pretty thick and well made.
I personally think the cable could be longer as im currently using these for my PC but that can easily be fixed by purchasing a longer cable (I go for Cable Mountain 2m Gold Plated 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Jack Cable ).
Sound wise, VERY good. Very clear sound, alot of bass and depending on what you plug them into, they easily handle pushing the volume as far as your ears can take without distorting.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse