Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.77

on 13 May 2014
This is a great book....a story filled with lust, hook-ups, jealousy and misunderstanding. A hot alpha and a sappy girl, set on not getting her heart broken.
Dylan is single and looking to let of some steam with a no-strings attached, "slutty wedding hook up", at her ex's wedding. What she gets is Reese.
Although casual relationships are not her thing, Dylan is determined to have fun with Reese while it lasts, set on not getting attached to the one man everyone says "doesn't do relationships".
Reese is super hot! He's not into relationships but when he hooks up with Dylan, he reacts strangely. He's possessive and doesn't want to share her but is still happy being "casually monogamous".
This book has a seriously hot start and a few hilarious scenes between not only the couples but the trio of best friends too.
It's beautifully descriptive and it was easy to visualise exactly where the characters were and what they were doing.
There's plenty of drama, involving jealousy and misunderstandings. Will they ever be honest with each other? Will they get their HEA?
on 26 May 2014
This author has made it so easy for me to fall in love with this novel. Jessica Daniels has written a deliciously naughty romance novel with plenty of 'giggle at your kindle' moments to make it a story that is not only swoony, but comical and sexy too. I did not want to put this book down, it was so addictive everything from the undiluted raunchy action, to the friendships and love action had me hooked. I adore it when I read a book and then instantly want to read other books by the same author. This debut novelist has made it in my 'must have all future books instantly purchased by this talented writer' list and thankfully I think I may have just found a brand new, smutty book best friend by the name of Jessica Daniels. I can't wait for other readers to fall in love with this insanely hot but sweet novel and I'm already ready to read more.

Nothing appeals to my reading time than a book that is an all-rounder, one that has the romance but with added bonus bits such as; funny, sexy and plenty of storyline. Jessica Daniels has effortlessly (or so it seems) created a storyline that didn't force itself to be something that other writers have achieved, instead I felt instantly at home with this authors own style and story. I doubt that you will be able to read this book without falling in love with at least one if not all of the characters, creating characters and using her imagination must be this authors forte. Who knew a corporate accountant could be so demanding and outright gorgeous. Reese Carroll will have most readers grinning at their kindles like a loon, his dirty talking and equally romantic side had me blushing and drooling. Thankfully this book also delivers a likeable heroine, Dylan Sparks this lucky lady is a complete fire cracker and yes at times drama followed her like a spot light but for me it just made the story telling more fun. Gorgeously witty and at times insecure I really liked her inner dialogue and funny traits. Luckily for this novel we even get a fabulous gay best friend and girly side kick that are fantastic additions to the story telling as secondary characters. What hit home mostly for me was winning combination of friendship and like-ability of all the relationships that are developed in this book and as for readers who have a sweet tooth you'll be desperate for a cupcake (or maybe five) after getting to the end of this loveable story. The novel is told from first person single point of view and even though it was amusing to hear the inner dialogue of the heroine I would have loved to have had more of Reese's inner thoughts and motives, however I think that the author played the conversations and developing story well. All in all this book captivated me almost right the way through with plenty of smut and laughter along the way and I can't wait to see what this author will do next.

Final thoughts ...
'Sweet addiction' is accurately titled for my thoughts towards the book, I felt completely addicted by it's sweet theme and quite honestly I didn't want it to end. Perfect for my reading tastes I instantly knew after just a few pages that this book was a winning combination. Bravo Jessica Daniels or should I say thank you, I love books just like yours and I'll be thinking about your characters, cupcakes and frosting for a little while to come. Readers if you like a book that doesn't take itself entirely too seriously but is well written, a whole lot of naughty and a novel full of sweet then I don't want you to miss out, I can see a re read in the near future but until then I will happily day dream about the extremely handsome Reese and his talented tongue. Go get your tasty fix readers, enjoy ... Kisses.
on 26 August 2015
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

So hot on the heels of finishing Where We Belong by J. Daniel I start Sweet Addiction book one in her Sweet Addiction Series. Having enjoyed her Alabama Summer series, there was a very high percentage that I was going to like this book and of course I wasn’t proven wrong.

Sweet Addiction is Dylan Sparks and Reese Carroll’s story. When these two hook up at wedding Dylan thinks it just a one-time thing. However, Reese has different ideas he wants more than just one night. Dylan soon discovers that Reese is far too irresistible to turn down.

“We're not a couple. We're monogamously casual”

I enjoyed the storyline was sweet, romantic, sexy and maybe a little frustrating as there were a few times that I wanted to shake some sense into Dylan. Don’t get me wrong, I like Dylan she was a sassy, feisty character. But I will say a little more communication and a little more being honest with what she wanted wouldn’t have gone amiss. But hey, where is a story without a little bit of drama and angst and miscommunication. And Resse well, there wasn’t much not to like he was sexy, romantic, a dirty talker with some alpha qualities about him. I loved the sexual chemistry between theses two, but also the tender moments.

“I’m not only weak when it comes to sex around this man. He is slowly infiltrating every part of my soul”

“You make me want different thinks, things I’ve never wanted before”

Overall, I loved Sweet Addiction was an entertaining romantic read with some hot sexy times that left me grinning at the end. It had some great secondary characters that added to the story such as Dylan’s best friends Joey and Juls. I just adored their friendship; it was so funny and genuine.

If you haven’t, read the series that I would suggest you one click today, and meet some more great characters created by the very talented and lovely J. Daniels. I’m looking to reading book two, which is sitting on my Kindle very soon.
on 1 June 2014
What a fantastic book!
Funny, romantic, sexy, heartbreaking and beautiful!!
I laughed a lot through this book, Dylan is the best female lead I think I have ever read! She is feisty, witty, sexy and sassy, and uses all of that in just the right way to make you want to be in her group of friends. Speaking of friends, I LOVED Joey and Juls so much! They were a perfect fit for the role of best friends, again, some of the best secondary characters I have read.
And then there's Reese.....*swoons* :)
That man is perfect!! I LOVE him soooo much, I want one! God Damn you Stuart!! (my hubby) those of you that have the pleasure of reading sweet addiction will get that! :D

So to sum up....I seriously loved it! The writing style is perfect, although I would have really really loved a look into Reese' head.
It flows perfectly, it's witty, romantic, sexy as hell and I was glued from the get go, not letting silly things like sleeping, or eating get in the way of my fix!

Highly recommend, I shall definitely be on the look out for other books by this author.
Jessica Daniels, you rock!!!
on 26 December 2015
So I liked the idea of a wedding hook up turning into something more, with all the misunderstandings and misinterpretations that lead to some interesting moments between Dylan and Reese. Dylan was a fun character, who ends up at her ex-boyfriend's wedding and baking his wedding cake and just wants to be able to forget the whole thing. She tries to convince herself and Reese that all she wants is a casual hook-up with him. She is certainly fiery and is well and truly able to stand up for herself to give some entertaining moments. I would have probably given this more stars but I am on the fence when it comes to Reese, who is very quick with his possessive, protective nature and very demanding when he doesn't want Dylan to do something. For me, this was boarding on controlling, which is not an endearing quality but he rescues it somewhat with his sweet and romantic gestures to Dylan.
on 10 June 2015
I loved loved loved Sweet Addiction by Jessica Daniels! This has been on my kindle for ages and I picked it up to read at random, and I'm so glad that I did! I was in the mood for a fun, romantic book and that was definitely what I got from Sweet Addiction. It was romantic, comical, and so so addicting!! Reese Carroll was great - fictional men really are just too addictive - and he's now another book boyfriend to add to my ever growing list! I also loved the friendships in this book, they were very real, and I couldn't help but giggle at Joey! I'll definitely be checking out Jessica Daniel's other books, fingers crossed for more swoonworthy boys!
on 18 August 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I couldn't put it down, it was utterly brilliant, the best book I've read in a while, the characters were all brilliant and funny, the story line was great and the sex and romance was steamy and adorable, love, love, loved it! I have pre-ordered the next in the series, however don't get upset, it doesn't leave you with a horrible cliff hanger, this book does have an ending that could've been left as it was, I'm pleased it wasn't though and I'll look forward to that little treat this September! Well done to the author, a well deserved 5 out of 5 stars from me!
on 25 September 2014
Reviewed by Justine.
A Personal read and purchase.

ONCE I STARTED, I. COULD. NOT. STOP!!

I had a HORRID case of the book-blues that only a hilarious, fun and witty read would cure. But never fear, my bestie came to the rescue, gifting me a copy of Sweet Addiction; and true to its name, I couldn’t put it down. It renewed my faith that Indie Authors are the best, and added yet another name to must read list!

Book 2, Sweet Possession is out now and I am dying to find time to devour the tasty treat!

5 Frosting Filled Fairies!
on 8 July 2014
Really loved this and had to read it in one go! A very addictive book with lovely believable characters. I can`t wait to read more from this talented author.
on 9 September 2014
First off this is the first book I've read of J.Daniels and I really enjoyed it!! It was quirky funny, romantic and Reese well...let's just say he was HOT. I loved Dylan she was funny a foul mouthed baker, I loved her character but I also wanted to slap the s*** out of her at times just to make me feel better but she was so likeable because of her character!! The rest of the characters were amazing I love Joey.
This is a must read and I can't wait til #2 comes out and I know there isn't long to wait....high five J.Daniels you deserve it!! :)