Redragon® CENTROPHORUS Gaming PC Multimedia Keyboard and Mouse set
Size: CENTROPHORUSChange
Price:£19.97+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 4 July 2014
This product is certainly worth buying, Love the colour scheme, love the feel of the keys, the sound the keys make when pressed, certainly a lovable keyboard.
The mouse, surprisingly is better than my R.A.T.5 mouse in pin point accuracy, even though this mouse was stated to be 2000DPI and my R.A.T was at 5600 DPI, this mouse is surprisingly faster and a heck of a lot more comfortable. I recommend this to gamers in need of a mouse and keyboard, or possibly want to spruce up the way their setup looks, this keyboard is fantastic, and I love the keyboard's red colour scheme as well as the mouse match.
on 10 August 2014
I purchased this keyboard and mouse set a few months back for my new gaming rig and have given the set a good test.

To start, this is a great product for any gamer who wants to focus on spending the majority of their budget on the rig itself instead of the accessories. It is cheap and the mouse outshines any gaming mouse of the same price and standard. There are a few important points to be made about the mouse initially:

- The left and right mouse buttons have an upward arc that stop your fingers from slipping off when repositioning after using the mouse wheel.
- The gear like shape of the mouse wheel allows for optimised grip and helps determine each motion that is particularly handy when scrolling through weapon wheels and other similar menus.
- The mouse shape offers high comfort levels for prolonged use.
- The position of the additional mouse buttons sit at a pivotal point of the thumb to ensure ease of use.

The keyboard has a few perks over your average keyboard that are as follows:

- The highlighted keys make it easy to find movement keys which becomes increasingly helpful when playing games that require numerous keys for fast paced gaming.
- The function (FN) button allows for sound and video controls so you never have to leave full screen.
- Personally the old fashioned sound presented by hitting the keys has proven helpful when touch typing and also when attempting to conduct various actions in game.

The keyboard does however lack programmable keys and may not be ideal for anyone intending to bind more complex controls to such keys.

The only issue I have found is with the keyboard. The key layout does not resemble the standard U.K. layout and as such it can be quite tricky to find some keys. This has left me with difficulties using backslash due to its apparent absence.

A final point about the cabling; I am impressed by the sturdiness of both cables. The design of the casing improves the structural integrity and also minimises tangling.

All in all this is a great set for anyone aiming to get a good quality keyboard and mouse for a very reasonable price and as such I highly recommend this product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 7 January 2015
For the price, the best all around.......Gaming keyboard and mosue, really easy for everyday use too.

One little thing if you have on and off charge fuction on your motherboard you'll have the red LEDs going fulltime if you don't disable it. And even though build quality is great, not willing to have them on 24/7 due to LEDs lifespan not having the greatest of records.I won't be 4 staring it for that as most keyboard and mouse combos don't really have a disable button of the LEDs.

Mouse is nice and i find it really hard to warm to others, but this one just feels right. And everything really suits my black and red theme i've got going on with my pc. the best thing i like about "CENTROPHORUS" is it doesn't look cheap...

Update: after using for a couple of days i have noticed a squeaking noise coming from the left click if i press it to close the middle scroll. in the day if doesn't really get to me much as i use headphones alot but you might so it's something to keep in mind. thanks
on 3 August 2015
For the price of this it is a no brainer. It was intended as a temporary fix for my expensive system as I ran out of funds. Obviously it is not a mechanical keyboard and it is very basic. I read a few people stating it was no good for UK as it is layed out in USA format. All you need to do is go to settings, languages and change the keyboard language pack to USA. Simple as that. The quality is actually pretty decent too. The keys can be removed easy and replaced with different ones if you like. It is good enough to be permanent just I cant live too long without mechanical. The mouse is the best part here. 3 dpi settings which comes in handy for different games, it lights up very nice which makes a 'sick' look. It is well built and the grip is great. It has 2 buttons on the left side which comes in handy for using different tools in bf4. You can assign them keys to do whatever you like in the the games settings. Overall I was very impressed straight away. To be honest, if I payed 20 pounds for the mouse alone I would be just as happy. If I had to be picky overall, id say I would of liked the keyboard keys to light up but hey, this is 20pounds!!!!! Oh, the keyboard corners light up (the top logo and the bottom left and right shapes that you see in the pic).
on 12 November 2014
Good quality and well designed, worth the money. However, the keyboard seems to be malfunctioning if plugged into USB 3.0; if the keyboard is plugged into USB 3.0 it is impossible to do any kind of gaming on it as combining any kind of keys will get one of the keys stuck ( for example: you are playing an FPS game using the WASD, you are running forward using W and at the same time you want to press D the character will move right on its own without holding down any keys). Works perfect using the USB 2.0 port.
on 17 August 2015
This product is amazing. I'm typing on it now. I bought this for my gaming PC rig, mainly because it was cheap and it matched the red and black theme of my PC. (Especially the NZXT H440 Red and Black case, I'd recommend it).

The box is long but not that tall so it's compact. Inside are the keyboard, mouse and some instructions. You don't really need the instructions, just plug in the usb cable and you're good to go. Speaking of that cable, it's braided so it's super durable. The end of the USB is gold plated which makes no difference whatsoever to the performance but it looks nice. Also it's USB 2.0, not that it matters when it comes to keyboards and mice.

The keyboard has the US layout so it may be tricky finding certain things when living in the UK. I personally don't have to worry about this issue as I don't look at the keyboard while typing, I look at the screen. However, finding "special" keys like the backwards slash was difficult. There is an ultra easy solution however. Windows Key + Space. This allows for switching between US and UK keyboard setup in Windows instantly and quickly, if you set it up right.

Typing speed for me is pretty high. On this keyboard I can do around 98-102 words per minute. On my old Logitech I hit 110. On a laptop keyboard I hit 90. The keys are responsive and it's no mechanical keyboard but you can definitely hear each keypress.

Pros:
- Comfortable. I use the 'fingertip' method while gaming and the 'palm' for everything else. The keyboard doesn't have a wrist rest but even so I don't mind it. Some might.
- Windows Lock function. With Windows 8 and 8.1 if you hit the windows key it brings up the fullscreen metro UI and if you're gaming this can be a huge problem. I play Battlefield 4 and other fast paced games and in the middle of a conquest match, you don't want to accidently hit the Windows key and be left defenceless for a few seconds. In a game like Battlefield, a few seconds is years. So what Centrophorus has done is, they have made a "windows lock" function where you can press FN + Windows Key and it locks the windows key so if you press it, nothing happens. There's a little LED that tells you when it's active and when it's not.
- Forward and Back button on the mouse. These buttons are tremendously helpful when navigating web pages.
- DPI button switch. You can switch between the DPI settings instantly at the press of a button. I use 2000 DPI for normal gaming but when sniping at long distances I scope in then hit the button which brings me down to 1000 DPI so I have better control. For non-gaming I use 2000 as when you have a high resolution display, there is a lot of screen realestate that you have to get through quickly. For a 1080p display I'd recommend 2000 but for a 720p display I'd say 1600 is good.

Cons:
- Keyboard is a milk magnet. Though this one is entirely my fault, I can see similar things happening to others. I've often had to get some work done so I'd eat my cereal at my desk. I'd eat it quickly and messily and tiny droplets of milk would splash onto the keyboard. I have to clean my keyboard so much and it's pretty hard to clean. One time I had to take it apart to clean it. It's not that hard to put back together though. There's just the circuit board, the back and front plate and so many little membranes.
- It has red WASD and Arrow keys but the red LEDs are only on the dragon logo and two accents at the bottom of the keyboard.

In conclusion, great keyboard for gaming or even normal use. It has a excellent colour scheme and the mouse looks fantastic. I'll be using the mouse for a few more months, maybe even years as I love it but the keyboard may need to go soon. The Red and black colour scheme is great but the LEDs are only on the dragon logo and accents.
on 29 June 2014
The product arrived quickly with everything exactly as shown. It has worked great with no issues, the mouse it comfortable, works well on most surfaces and has a great feature to adjust sensitivity of you mouse cursor. Keyboard is also great and much more pleasant to use then most regular keyboards.
Only thing I would say is that it does not tell you the light on the keyboard and mouse do not turn off when you turn off the computer unless you turn it off at the plug or at the back of the computer but still great product and glad I purchased.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 7 April 2015
The over-all product is amazing. It arrived earlier than expected in a large box mid-day and within the box, contained another box as-well as tissue paper and bubble wrap suffocating the products.

The products are in excellent condition and worth the £20 spent.

Positives:
• 'WASD' and 'ARROWS' can alternate by pressing "FN + W"
• Key presses make a suppressing noise - Not mechanical
• 12 Multimedia buttons for easy song switching during games
• 'Win Lock' to disable windows key at all times if wanted
• Cheap but looks swanky
• DPI adjuster on the mouse
• 2 Bindable mouse-keys
• Wire's are sturdy and feel great

Negatives:
• LED's on the mouse are far brighter than the keyboard, sometimes distracting
• Keyboard has an american layout
• LED's don't turn off unless unplugged (Had to sleep last-night eughhh)

Over-all, the product is excellent, came swiftly and since I've switched from a ball mouse to a laser mouse, I can safely say it was a good change. Anything is better than 5 DPI. I'd highly recommend this product as a cheap set, however, the keyboard is american and half the manual is in (Japanese?) other than that, it's a very good product and I'd definitely pick this up if you're in need, even in just one of the products it's a bargain for both!
on 1 April 2015
Brilliant for the price, I have had a razer mouse and keyboard before and do prefer them. But due to the cost of them cant afford it at the moment. Opted for this set and boy was it a good decision. The mouse on the highest dpi setting is amazingly fast, its so good for call of duty and counter strike. The colour scheme it has is really good makes my pc look better though I do wish they had RGB led's so you can change the colours. But then again its only £20, the mouse is quite comfortable when using it. I have used it for 12 hours straight on the first day though a long game session and was good. Hand didn't hurt and didn't get any cramps or anything like that. The keyboard responds fairly normal, it looks good with the led's and with the wrist support is quite comfortable. I do like the WSAD keys are red so you can easily tell if your pressing the wrong key buy having a quick glance. Both usb's are gold plated which is nice so it has a better connection with the usb port. Only complaint i have is it would have been better to have a few more buttons on the mouse but for the price this is phenomenal. If you want to make your pc look better and want to be better at fps's or mmo's then id suggest to get this.
on 18 June 2014
Chosen by my game made daughter tor replace her existing keyboard and mouse. She is very pleased as it makes gaming much easier.