on 8 September 2014
I ordered this to replace a cable that I use in the car which was not fast charging which meant when my Sat Nav was being used the phone was either holding or losing battery along the way. The cable looks good and I ordered it based on some user reviews saying they were using in the same way as myself but their phone was also gaining battery percentage during use. Unfortunately this hasn't been the case for me, on first use my battery was going down when plugged in. After a 3 hour drive I arrived with almost a flat battery. Back to the cheap one I got with my car holder. its a pain due to stretching around the steering wheel but it actually charges along my journey! To save any feedback, I use a 2.1amp USB charger so it is the cable not the charger :)
44 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2015
I purchased two of these cables and although they appear to be quite well built, with very infrequent use both of them are now knackered. Its the connection that goes into your device that fails after a week or two. I first noticed my phone acting up as if I was quickly inserting the cable and pulling it back out. Its now got to the point where I can only make a connection when I apply a lot of force by pulling the cable over the front of the screen, otherwise it simply wont charge. Absolute garbage and a complete waste of money.

If you want a power cable that will work longer than a month by these instead:

FRiEQ® Hi-Speed Extra Long (6 Ft/1.8m) Nylon Braided Tangle-Free USB 2.0 Micro USB Charging/Sync Cable.
on 24 September 2014
This is a very high quality looking and feeling usb cable. It folds away nicely and does not tangle which was a common problem I have had with previous data cables. It is also a great cable if you do not have a plug socket nearby and wish to use and charge your phone at the same time. However my main qualm with the product is charging speed. Using the usb cable that came with my Oneplus One I can go from 0% to 100% in under 2 hours, with this cable (using the same charging block) it takes almost 4. I am not sure if this is due to the charge having to travel a longer distance (2ft vs 3m). Overall the charger is handy as a secondary one if a friend is needing charge, but due to the charging speeds I cannot use i as my main cable (which is a shame as it looks and feels fantastic).
on 2 June 2014
I have a couple of cables for charging my Samsung S3 both of which claim to offer full speed charging.
This cable claims to be suitable for charging my phone. The only difference between this cable and the others is that it does what it claims.
The other cables allow charging of my phone at 460ma, this cable allows charging at 1000ma...all cables were plugged into a Samsung 2000ma charger.
When I have used my phone in my car as a sat-nav the phone struggled to maintain a charge..and often failed.
With this cable the phone easily maintains a full charge and will recharge on a journey if starting out on less than 100%.
I bought 2 of these cables, one for home and one for the car and so far have no regrets.
The original Samsung cable that came with the phone and charger is somewhere in the house but if it doesn't turn up I'm not concerned.
22 comments9 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 November 2014
It was good when it arrived, looked good quality and charge fast. But after a month ish the microusb end has loose connection with my phone so doesn't charge any more. I've tried my old shorter cable it was all fine so it must be this cable's problem.
on 14 February 2015
I needed a longer than usual USB cable so that I could keep my netbook charged while I work and my work desk is not that close to plug point. This is just what I needed and the braded construction is fairly robust. It's already withstood being accidently run over with the vacuum cleaner a couple of times. Although you should be aware that this robust braded cover means that the cable is a little stiffer than the usual pastic coated cabels. if you want a longer cable but expect it to make tight turrns you may need some cable tie downs as it seems to want to make more gentle curves if left to its own devices.
on 19 February 2015
Things seem to take longer to charge using this cable. I think it might be down to the length but not sure and can't be bothered to google it.
I left reviewing this product a while to see how I got on.
The cable was purchased for occasional use when a power outlet wasn't close enough to where I was sat. Initially I was pleased with the cable when I did occasionally use it.
Unfortunately the cable has aged very quickly and I have trouble getting it to charge any devices without a bit of position manipulation.

Pros: Long and no tangle
Cons: Slow charging and lose connection
on 17 July 2014
Excellent quality - Brought it for my xbox one controller which connects to my pc. Does the job perfect and looks really good at the same time.
on 4 October 2014
I'd give no stars if I could. Both stopped working with in 5 mins. This product is just too flimsy and poor quality. Not worth even a penny!
on 29 March 2015
I bought this product in October last year to replace my broken phone charger. As some previous reviewers have said the cable has now in the last couple of days become loose and will no longer stay securely in the phone to charge. When it was working it was a good product and the long length was useful but its only been 5 months and its no longer working.

I wouldn't advise buying this product, if it can't last more than 12 months at least than its not worth it