on 31 March 2014
I ordered this last year as a Christmas Pressie for my dad. He wanted something he and my mum can use in the evenings, sitting outside on the patio with a glass of wine and having a nice fire to sit by. This works a treat.
To start with - its light weight, which is great for moving it around. The legs are held in place securely with a pin system - that you then pull out to close the legs down. Very simple, and very effective. Good sturdy legs as well.
The carry case is fine for its use, everything fits in nicely, although watch out for the ring on the top of the cover as this can scratch the inside of the fire bowl in transit. Its easy enough to take it off tho and put back on quickly.
We loaded the bowl up with some kindling to get the fire started, a bit of newspaper in the center and a standard square tower around this. We added more logs of increasing larger sizes over the course of 30-60 minutes and they went up perfectly.
the cover did prove very useful at stopping any ash fly around, especially form the newspaper to start with - it also seemed to stop any sparks flying out as well, really useful if you plan on sitting near it for warmth.

The underside - so the ground underneath, does get warm, and mum & dad have a decking area outside the back door but have paved patio around this, so I would advise placing onto stone only - grass maybe, but for a long period of time it may well darken the grass area - or burn it.

All in all, very pleased with the fire bowl - I have used it just this weekend as a way to get rid of some excess garden waste and the odd load of paper work as well - again the lid worked great keeping all ash from flying around. We are planning to use it for a trip to Dorset as well this year, use in the evenings for cooking on and then, as a fire.

I like thats its black as well so you dont get any burnt marks showing up. I would suggest packing away before it rains, as water will fill this up - and it may lead to rust spots.

Always let it cool down overnight if possible before moving / packing away.

Good price for the kit you get and speed delivery as well.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 August 2011
What a little gem this fire bowl is, I'm so pleased I bought it. It's fairly small and low to the ground but perfect for what we want it for. We have enjoyed sitting outside in the evening watching the logs burn and chatting. The kids love it, they toss logs onto the fire every so often and have enjoyed toasting marshmallows. I love the fact it's portable and comes with a carry bag. This is going to be perfect for the beach and having a fire there in the evening. It is very quick and easy to set up, the legs simply fold down and you're ready to go. The fire bowl is very light too which makes carrying it a breeze. I can't say how durable it will be as it's a recent purchase but so far having used it several times it's looking almost like new still. If you put this on your lawn you will get a dead patch underneath the bowl so best to site it on stones, sand or paving. If you're looking for something portable, relatively inexpensive and easy to use this is definitely for you. I would recommend it.

Update: We've had this fire bowl for nearly a year now and it's still in great condition and we're still getting plenty of enjoyment from it. Top buy :)
on 1 June 2011
Excellent easy to use firepit/bbq good quality light and packs down easily and fits nicely into its carry bag. Perfect for for campervans and campers alike.
on 11 September 2011
Took this camping and it did the job very well for the price. Kept us warm on chilly evenings and cooked bacon sandwiches for 3 tents' lot of people in no time. Didn't scorch the grass and, although it is wide, because the legs fold up it didn't take too much space in the car.
on 10 September 2012
Product if fine if a little more lightweight than I was expecting but thats good for handling.
Very handy with the carry bag, useful for storing away by hanging it up.
One word of warning to future users. If you are using it on decking you need to raise it up slightly AND put a heat proof barrier to prevent burning the decking by the heat radiated underneath.
on 23 July 2012
Overall a good value firepit, easily assembled and fits into carry case.
Ideal for garden camping with the kids!
Folding legs helps storage.

Two points to improve
- firepit needs a small drainage hole as fills with water if left outside
- don't leave in the rain - mine has gone rusty in places quickly.
on 13 October 2011
We were looking for a portable fire pit to go camping with, and this was perfect. It can be used as an open fire and/or BBQ, and it folds away for easy storage. The carry bag is excellent, so no worrying about getting soot over the rest of your stuff in the boot of your car. Excellent!
on 28 October 2015
Great Fire Pit

Very easy to assemble, the legs fold underneath the basin of the pit and are curved so takes up less room. The fire pit comes with a bag to be packed away into and also carried if you are going camping (ideal). There are a range of instruments to help lift up the cage on top, the top of the cage has a loop which allows you to life the lid when refuelling or removing ash. Be careful the cage can get hot with so much heat underneath it. The pit holds quite a bit of wood. There is a grill piece to if you want a traditional smoked BBQ and can be used as an extension.

I used mine on a very cold Octobers night and friends and family were very much impressed whilst keeping them warm. I would recommend and I have had no problems - at this price it is a a steal.
on 28 November 2012
I bought this firebowl for bonfire night this year as my kids wanted a little bonfire and of course, fires ruin the grass, so i thought it would be ideal to make one in this and it was just perfect. We had a fantastic night sitting around this firebowl toasting marshmallows. It has a steel grid that you can easily lift on and off if you wish to use it to cook on as a bbq, as well as the spark guard and it even comes with a tool for lifting the guard. It's a great buy and when you have finished with it, it's easy to clean and comes with a canvas carry bag with handle that all the parts fit inside easily for easy carry/storage. I love it, thankyou :)
on 1 October 2013
Bought to add to our camping kit. Excellent product at a great price, easily cooked enough food for 4 adults and 3 kids on our last trip and kept us warm in the evening too. Folds away into its carry bag and is a good size to pack and store. Recommended.