Most helpful positive review
128 of 133 people found the following review helpful
Great TV. Perfect for home use.
on 9 September 2014
Great TV. Bought it 3 months ago & am still very satisfied with it.
* Picture is excellent top marks for clarity & vibrant colours, cannot see any dead pixels so far. HDTV programs & blu-ray movies are a real treat. This TV has finally killed off my love of the DVD & moved me over to blu-ray. The difference is that much.
* Sound is good enough for casual viewing. It is not an immersive "home theatre" but then no flat, lightweight TV ever is.
* Program guide is excellent, fast to move around and record from.
* WiFi has been faultless, as it should be.
* Apps are mostly a waste of time. Only a few dozen available. Youtube & iPlayer came installed.
* Recording programs is very flexible & easy to do.The TV will NOT record onto a USB stick. But plug an external USB hard drive & let the TV format it & voila! Record directly from the remote button or choose your program from the guide.
* Only 2 USB's is a shame as part of this TV's strength is the things you can connect via USB. It plays downloaded files directly off the USB stick better than my PS3 (avi, mkv, only some mp4, mp3. jpeg,) It does not like separate srt subtitles though.
* A standard USB keyboard & mouse both plugged straight in. Browsing the internet with just the remote is agony.
I bought this for the quality of the screen & am happy enough with it that I wrote a review.