on 13 October 2014
This TV produces a great picture and if you're not worried about it being Smart or having 3D capabilities, then it's a must have. You'll be hard pressed to find a TV as affordable as this one, and it's super simple to use.

I'm used to having a Smart TV, but at this price decided that it would be better to buy this and then a separate set-top box, settled for the Amazon Fire TV in the end, after lots of debate between my partner and I. We've not yet received the Fire TV, but we're impressed, we're able to easily play content from USB, although it wouldn't support my 4TB external HD, which my LG TV does.

For an additional cost you can make this a wireless TV by plugging in a special USB from Samsung, that means you could share files from a PC or Mobile device easily and quickly, without having to buy anything outrageously expensive, or plug anything into the TV.

If you're looking for a bedroom TV, then this is perfect. It's nice and large so you don't have to worry about squinting, and it's affordable and adaptive enough to ensure that you get more from a TV than just standard Freeview. Picture quality and the actual design are impeccable as well.
on 16 September 2014
Received this TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it. Although I've not got too much to add that other reviews haven't, I would add that the guide is extremely good. It's always annoying when you go to the guide and it automatically changes the channel as you move, thankfully this isn't the case here, Samsung appear to have nailed it in this area.

My only complaints would be that the various ports and slots are mounted fairly high on the TV, which makes things quite tight on cable length. For instance, we have optical cable for the sound system, and I had to shuffle everything about to get it to reach, just seems a little unnecessary.

I wouldn't consider these very minor faults to be an issue, it's a great set, very sleek and stylish and at the price we paid a total snip.
on 31 August 2014
This TV has an excellent picture and straightforward operation. It's also very stylish without being flashy. A discreet "Samsung" badge on the front is all that is there. I didn't need all of the bells and whistles as the Virgin TiVo box and connected Apple TV gives me all that is required. If you are after a good value TV with a great picture without all of the extras like 3D and smart technology to hook up to the internet then I would definitely recommend it.
on 23 August 2014
If you're after an affordable non-smart TV this is a great choice. I already have a games console and a chromecast so I had no need for a smart TV as they can do all the same stuff.

The picture quality is great as usual from Samsung TV's. The image is nice and Sharp with HD content and it handles motion well especially compared to the previous Samsung TV I had which was a pretty good model about 3 years ago. There is also plenty of adjustments for the picture quality so you can tune it to your liking.

The first one I ordered was damaged but Amazon sorted this out quickly and I had a replacement in a couple of days.

The only negative is the sound, it's quite tinny so I'd recommend plugging in a pair of speakers.
on 29 December 2014
Quick delivery. The TV looks great, easy to set up, happy with sound and picture. Unfortunately, the TV stopped working after 3hrs (half of the screen went black), so I'm getting a refund. As usual, Amazon is very efficient when it comes to returns.
review image
on 15 August 2014
Out the box tv looks great very stylish, easy to set up. Picture is crystal clear especially when watching HD channels and bluray, sound is alot better than I thought it would be as tv is quite thin has lots of different sound options so play around. Great tv very plsd would definitely recommend.
on 27 August 2014
I bought this TV elsewhere, but I'm very happy with how it performs, and the overall aesthetic of the TV.

I primarily bought this set to be used as a gaming TV. I don't watch much TV, and only really use a set for gaming or watching movies via Netflix, Lovefilm et al. In these categories this TV performed well.

Motion was something that I was concerned about, but those fears were laid to rest upon receiving the set. When playing fast paced games, e.g. Titanfall, the TV produced a glorious image without any blur at all. Colours look great and the image looks sharp when using devices that output at the native resolution of the TV. HD channels look beautiful, too.

One other thing of note, and it's a good thing. The sound is surprisingly good through the TV's speakers. I was expecting poor sound and an excuse to buy a sound bar, but I was pleasantly surprised. Gaming looks and sounds good through this TV.

To summarize - If you're after a non-smart TV, then you could do a lot worse than picking this baby up. It does a great job of producing sharp and vibrant images with great motion, without too much cost involved. And the sound is good, too!

Does what it says on the box.
on 8 October 2014
Very pleased with this TV. I wasn't expecting the bee's knees when buying it for the price but when it finally arrived I thought it's sleek look & easiness to set up made me fall in love with it more.

The picture quality is fantastic when it comes to HD. As expected normal viewing -- non-HD -- is normal quality but who cares? It's supposed to be.

As for those complaining about the sound, you have to be some kind of BOSE expert to think this TV sounds "tinny." It sounds great and really offers a brilliant built-in standard of sound.

Very pleased overall with everything: quality, sound, looks -- got it all.
on 21 December 2014
OK, like I said; not the top model. Only 2 HDMI sockets and no headphone socket. That's all the negative I can find to say!

On the plus side, the picture quality is excellent it upscales standard TV too and sound quality is good. I don't need a smart TV because my freeview box has that capability anyway, so why pay extra for a smart tv? There's phono sockets for attaching a surround sound or sound bar. I tried the USB to play some videos and that's a nice little feature because it looks as if it upscales them too. The frame is less than 10mm thick. All in all, a good buy and I've no regrets!
on 15 December 2014
First of all, the TV is great for that price. Clear picture, superb for games (don't forget to change settings through SOURCE / TOOLS / EDIT NAME to DVI PC=very important for accurate screen resolution and accurate font ;) ).

However, the first one I bought, it came with dead pixels and I had to sent it back and pay the postage of £25 !!!
The second one is perfect, no dead pixels and the picture is great plus the small bezel round the screen. Love it. Shame about the first one, it did kind of spoilt it.