on 22 November 2012
I bought this bag as it was a good price and the make is very reputable. However, just after 2 months of having the bag - it has split at the seams. I am very disappointed as I believed Karrimor to produce hardwearing rucksacks.
on 5 October 2014
Disappointed. I have used Karrimor bags for years and there was a time when the brand was associated with British-made, high-quality products. My last rucksack from them had a lifetime guarantee which showed confidence in the quality of their products. Since Karrimor was purchased by the Sports Direct group, the standards have slipped dramatically and this rucksack is no exception. The finish is poor and on the version I received, the zip didn't work at all. Shame because the design is nice and it's a good size for the money, just nothing like the Karrimor of days gone by :-(
I bought this rucksack for use as a day pack whilst I am out walking - it has to be big enough to fit in my lunch and a coat, waterproof and comfortable enough to be useable for 20-30 mile hikes.

The bag is made of a cheapish feeling material, but so far it seems to have withstood the rigours of use without falling apart. There is a zipped main compartment, a second largish zipped compartment on the front and a third small zipped compartment on the front. There are wire mesh drink holders on both sides and a bungee crisscrossing the front. There are two compression straps to take the strain off the zip if you are trying to really pack stuff in tightly. It has two shoulder straps, a chest strap and a waist strap. The shoulder straps are OK for comfort, they are not overpadded but do not bite. The waist strap is generous, fitting round my considerable girth with ease even when I am wearing a bulky coat. The chest strap is similarly generous and does improve the comfort of the sack when worn for extended periods.

I recently used it for a 22 mile yomp in the pouring rain and through considerable amounts of mud and the contents were as dry as a bone when I got back - more than could be said for me! It was comfortable, the main compartment large enough for my needs and the variety of pouches useful for the storage of maps, compasses, drinks and fruit that I needed to be able to get at easily. I've used it a few times now and it seems to be standing up to general useage OK. In all a good bag for the money, 5 stars.
11 comment29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 August 2014
The stitching which holds the strap to the body of the rucksack is already giving way, despite moderate daily use. This rucksack isn't suitable for commuting or similar use; it's better for occasional light duty.
on 25 June 2014
Pros:
Carrys items
Good amount of space

Cons:
There are straps on the bottom which are meant to go around your waise, when you dont use them they dangle near the ground as they are very long
Zip is appauling, especially the material around the zip, after two weeks it was threading and the zip gets caught up in it, had it for 6 weeks now and is unusable because of this.
11 comment18 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 October 2014
Not great at all.....I bought this 2 months ago to replace a Karrimor Spirit 20 which I'd had for years and without sounding too geeky was a BRILLIANT rucksack. This one is the opposite, the zips constantly catch against other material and have ripped the back, the whole sack feels cheap and the mesh pockets are not robust at all.

The only positive is that it can fit my oversized laptop in the padded pocket in the main compartment.

Disappointed, already have to replace!!!!!!!!!
on 17 December 2013
Good, quality product and it has not fallen apart on the school run like so many of the "school" backpacks. Will always buy Karrimor from now on. Durable and good value for money.
on 1 April 2015
Be warned that this product is no longer the well renouned and reliable Karrimor brand of old. Sports Direct have merely purchased the brandname via acquisition and believe me, the quality is not the same.
The rucksack has the looks and features of "The Northface Borrealis" but it does not adhear to anywhere near the same level of quality & design standards.

I have used (the old) Karrimor rucksacks in the past and found them to be of excellent quality and they lasted well through the years.
With this particular model, however, I have noticed several issues with design and quality:
1. The material is very thin and frays and rips at the main compartment zip area with moderate daily use.
2. The material is very thin and frays and rips at the accessories compartment zip area with moderate daily use.
3. The zip cover material has an inner cloth coating that catches and rips with the zip in the main compartment

A quick google search will show that I am not the only person to encounter problems.

Buy this only if you want to be replacing your bag again in a few months because SD Customer Service will not consider defect replacements after 6 months (I checked!).

In this instance the price really is too good to be true.

In retrospect I should have bought a Lowe Alpine or Northface :(
11 comment11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 October 2014
Wonderful! I bought this backpack to go on holiday as I knew we were going to be doing a lot of walking, and it's held a lot of different stuff really well. It's super roomy, has a little section that fits a laptop nicely and we often would fit all our swimming stuff in it plus a big bottle of water. There's lots of compartments too so you don't have to rummage around for all your stuff, and the handy little key hook is great if you always seem to find your keys at the bottom of your bag.

Most recently I took this away as cabin baggage and I managed to fit in everything I needed for three nights, plus extra room for bring stuff back. Nothing has ripped/torn or gone wrong with this bag and look forward to many more years use out of it.
on 13 August 2013
Perfect size for work, fits everything I need in and even has a padded laptop compartment. The rucksack is really sturdy and looks like its going to be really durable as well after the use its already had.