Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

This was obviously a very nice claret at its peak, but the bottle we had was definitely past its best in December 2014. There were still hints of deep and complex flavours, but they were faded and were all overlaid with those notes of stale sherry and a rather poor finish which you sometimes get when a wine is getting tired. Others have obviously had bottles which are still excellent, but treat with caution - it's a lot to spend (well, it is for me) on a bottle which might be too old to enjoy at its best.

(It is worth saying, though, that Laithwaites will refund you in full if you don't like any wine. They are always very courteous and helpful about it, so you'd be safe in that knowledge of you wanted to risk it.)
on 22 May 2014
I bought this as a treat to myself and was most unhappy to find the cork mouldy and the wine tasting and smelling of dirt. I contacted amazon who have given me a full refund for the product. Once again great service from amazon.
on 29 April 2014
Now I'm no wine expert (and nor do I pretend to be), but I do know when I like a bottle! This bottle was rather nice - smooth and mellow. I got this at half price in one of the lightening deals and as much as I think it's a lovely bottle of wine I would not consider paying full price for it (maybe I'm just a bit tight) and so hence only 4 stars.