Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now

on 11 July 2014
4k need to be seen to be believed. It is not the same as 1080p with high levels of Anti aliasing or super-sampling. That argument is just stupid. The same way that a 480p video with MSAA or SSAA wont look anything like 1080p. This leaves reviewers with the problem of how to get across how nice the monitor looks when most people have 1080p screens so cant see 4K content. All i can say is that the monitor looks great, Bezel and all. The stand can be set any which way with full swivel and tilt with portrait mode supported. If that still isn't good enough for you, it has the option of VESA mounting so you can buy your own stand. As far as the TN panel goes, its amazing. Contrast isn't going to match an IPS panel, but colours (10bit panel), vibrancy the 1ms refresh time make up for this. Could not recommend this enough.
NOTE: you really do need a good GPU or 2 to run games on this monitor at 2160p (4k) I have Xfire R9 290s. Xfire averages 60fps with single GPU averages 30fps. You DO NOT need Anti-Aliasing at 4K unless your pixel peeping. If you can afford the extra performance, then knock yourself out (up until 2x or 4x MSAA) but don't waste performance on AA if it means losing out somewhere else.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 9 February 2015
As a 4k monitor at good value this screen delivers everything you would expect.
The screen is matte and colour quality is very good. Don't expect NEC or Apple level colour accuracy with this, but with a little calibration the results are excellent.
The stand is good and heavy and keeps the display well anchored. The port access at the back however is irritatingly recessed, leading to the dreaded "reach in and scrape around" approach to plugging in cables.
The menu system is on screen using buttons hidden around the back of the monitor. It's a little fiddly to use because the buttons never line up with the menu items - leading you to count in from the edge or guess. Luckily I don't use these often.

Confirmed working in OS X Yosemite with Late 2013 Macbook Pro retina 13" and Late 2013 quad core Mac Pro with D300s.
Install SwitchResX to run this display in 1080p with hiDPI to have a 28 inch retina display.
review image review image
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 5 December 2014
The good:
Price
4k @ 60hz is incredibly. For professional work where screen real-estate is desired (i.e Programming), 4k is amazing.
Comes with some neat features (Not needed Picture-in-Picture but it's there and I like that).

The bad:
Requires some willingness to configure. It defaults to DP 1.1 instead of DP 1.2, which means by default it's limited to 30hz instead of the 60hz it can achieve with DP 1.2. Also defaults to a display mode that tries to modify the image coming from your PC, more like a TV does. These need changing by you before the monitor can really shine.
The buttons are awkwardly placed, making navigating the menus to make those changes fiddly.
TN screen isn't very noticeable, but is enough to make this unsuitable for professional colour work.

But for the price, these are minor issues (except the TN screen, which may be a deal breaker for a certain subset of people) and I can happily recommend this monitor.
on 2 February 2015
If I buy any tech worth more than a couple of hundred pounds I'll always do a lot of comparative work to make sure that I get the best deal. In addition to ASUS I compared similar products from LG, Samsung, Phillips and BenQ. I wanted something that was good for work and for playing games. For my needs this monitor offered the best balance.

Standout points:
1. Solid base and stand; everything clicks and screws together well (no creaks or fiddly bits of plastic that might snap off).

2. After a little bit of playing around with settings it was set up. I'll probably play around with some of the smaller settings later but that would only be tweaking.

3. The screen is very good to look at, it has a matt finish and it looks cool and professional.

4. Outlook and Excel/Word side by side, plenty of space.

5. I told my wife I needed it for work (which I do) but I didn't tell her that I had also bought Elite Dangerous (she wouldn't understand why). Elite looks great and I've now a renewed interest in playing World of Tanks.

6. Some argue the loss of vertical height is too big a price to pay. For me there is more than enough vertical height to fill your vision. On the horizontal, I like consciously moving my eyes to take in what is displayed. It makes you feel that the game is going on around you as well as in front of you.

7. Internal speakers are sufficient nothing more. I suppose if you're going to drop £350 on a monitor then you can afford to get a half decent set of external speakers. I have some Harmon Kardon Sound sticks and they do the job.

8. I suppose this Asus is the more sober choice over a 27" BenQ but I'm a 46 year old, white collar professional. This is why when I buy things like wireless speakers or headphones I buy Bose and VModa rather than Jawbone and Dr Dre.

So I'm more than happy with the Asus, looking forward to using it and learning how to play Elite.
on 13 November 2014
This thing is absolutely beautiful. Much nice looking than anticipated. I'm a very picky guy when it comes to lcds but can't fault this. It comes with all cables you need even a dual dvi. The screen quality is perfect & when you watch videos on the right aspect ratio it's takes the while movie watching experience to the next level. I'm an engineer & have built a super powerful PC to run my simulations & perviously had 2 x 21.5 monitors. When I saw this I thought that extra width might be enough to have just one screen & boy I was right! I do a lot of multitasking & constantly have lots of pages open...pdfs spreadsheets word pages etc and this is just the perfect size to have two windows ops next to eachother. I'm hugely against 27 inch monitors...I think the 1080p height is the perfect size and anything bigger is just annoying so this aspect ratio is the sweet spot for me. All id say is if you're getting rid of two screens this is a very good solution. You could always have two 24 monitors but once you see this it. Lows you away and I could never have a bezel in the middle of the screen now. Great work great brand and it looks very smart. I like my screen very low so the adjustable screen is perfect! Cheers asus keep up the good work.
on 21 March 2015
I had high hopes for this monitor, unfortunately I have to agree with the first review.

I was exactly the target audience a professional that needed accurate colour and a gamer. The compromise to target both with an "IPS like" panel instead of a true IPS panel is a horrible brightness inconsistency which is, ironically dependent on your viewing angle. I've uploaded a video example. I can only liken it to having a really distracting smudge on your sunglasses. It's not good enough for gaming and especially not professional colour work.

Pros:

Great colour on bright images.
Sharp amazing looking text.
Solid build and great ergonomics.

Cons:

Horrible brightness inconsistency on darker visuals.
Viewing angle on darker images is also really bad even from the front.
Doesn't run in 60hz as standard you need to tweak the display port stream settings and windows settings.
Awkward display controls hidden away on the back.

**Doesn't come with a UK plug from Amazon EU** - this is also frustrating as it is not mentioned in the description.

Fortunately Amazon's speedy customer service and great return policy helped scrape another star back.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 28 August 2014
Awesome monitor just make sure you use display-port and change it in the menus to the 60hz version. I didn't you had to select it manually. near zero lag with d-port!!! hdmi was quite a bit of input lag though so I recomend getting a gpu with displayport I am going through min d-port to the monitor.
on 1 July 2014
This screen is amazing! I use it mostly for gaming and watching films. It makes everything look better! The stand is solid and the height adjustment is very useful. The monitor looks sexier than the pictures can give credit. The Mutts Nuts!
on 19 March 2015
One star for both the monitor and Amazon.

Received one directly from Amazon today. Box looked like it was opened before, all cardboard lips and edges worn and torn a little bit. Cables inside cobbled together from a bunch of retail versions. Power cable for the wrong country (European 2-bolt instead of UK). I have no issues being sent returns as long as everything is in order. Amazon - if you're sending returns, pay attention to what cables you're putting inside and how you package it - the monitor wasn't even fully covered by the protective cloth inside.

And to top it off no option to select courier collection when using Amazon's online return. On the phone I was told it was because Amazon are "upgrading the website", but that they "don't wish to speculate on when it would be available". Can't be that difficult, clearly something else going on, maybe trying to discourage customers from demanding courier collection, even when they send dodgy items.

The monitor itself suffers from brightness inconsistencies. Bottom and side edges are 20-30% darker than the rest of the display. Top edge is fine and uniform. My taskbar is at the bottom and it was difficult to see detail there. This may sound like a small problem, but is significant enough to warrant it unusable for me. Squinting for detail every time I look at the taskbar is not acceptable in a £600 display. The rest was okay, default colour not to my liking, but adjustable, resolution obviously as expected, possibly one (barely visible) dead pixel - hard to tell without a magnifying glass and I didn't bother as I knew it wouldn't work for me anyway due to brightness issues. Stand and build solid and as expected.

Perhaps it's a lemon and other units are stellar, and perhaps this is why this was previously returned as I believe it must've been judging by sub-par packaging, but I can only describe my experience with the product and the seller, both unfortunately negative. I definitely expected better from Amazon, but had no previous experience with Asus monitors - their other products worked fine for me.

Unfortunately this one's going back to Amazon.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 4 April 2015
Fantastic monitor for price.

Make no mistake, providing you have the GPU power ( and GPU memory) and you have a Display Port. Then you will love this Monitor.

However if you plan to run it from HDMI & play games then in my opinion - Dont Buy it.

I agree with other reviewers that the default 30Mhz ( DP1.1) setting is a tad silly on ASUS's part. But a minor niggle.

Colour depth is perfect - however that is very subjective.

It has inbuilt speakers - however as I don't use them , I cannot comment on their audio quality.

Response time ideal for games. and those that support the bigger screen resolutions look stunning. No AA / MSAA needed.

Very happy