4.5 out of 5 stars7,408
Size: 32 GB without Adapter|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on 14 October 2015
BEWARE - DO NOT BUY THESE MEMORY CARDS. Had 2 of these and they have both failed within 3 months. Very disappointed as I cannot get my money back and have lost all my photos! Be warned they become corrupted and un-usable
1010 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought a few of the Evo Samsung micro SD cards to replace older small capacity cards
The ones I got were marked made in Korea and I have no reason to doubt they are genuine cards.

There are 4 models in the Samsung micro SD card range the normal black (class 4), the Blue (rated at class 6 but it exceeds class 10) Orange Evo (this card rated at class 10) and the Grey "Pro" range which is the fastest model out there.

Samsung don't provide write speed specifications for the card, but they claim read speeds of up to 48MB/s
I tested the cards I got on a USB 3.0 card reader and got the following results:

Read speed: 46MB/s
Write speed: 15MB/s

Performance was decent for a class 10 UHS card this is a bit faster than the Blue class 6 card by about 4-5MB/s write speed (the biggest gain is read speed), but it's some way off the EVO grey card from Samsung (which has much faster speeds) For most users though the card is plenty fast enough for use in a phone or even a camera, though it's not a big jump over the model down from this. This card has resistance to temperature, shock, x-ray and water which adds a bit of confidence to longevity. It was however a bit slower than the Sony UHS Class 10 card which offers the same environmental protection and faster write speeds so I'd recommend that card if you need a bit more punch on the write times.

Overall though it's a decent card and priced at affordable levels
review image review image
33 comments|211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2015
The Genuine cards are a good item .... But sadly there are too many Fake / counterfeit cards of this nature around .. Things to look for in a fake counterfeit card are .. Non genuine cards are made in "China" and do not possess the white paint around the outer edges of the Micro SD ..
The genuine card is manufactured in "Korea" ..

Take a careful look at the SD adapter if you have one ... NON genuine Samsung adapters do not have the Samsung branding indent on the back reverse side of the SD adapter ...

Fake / Counterfeit packaging has spelling mistakes as well as an incorrect logo on the reverse of the packet stating SDHC I when in actual fact these cards are SDXC .....

Chinese characters on the reverse side of the packet instead of the guarantee period 10 years warranty ... as well as bad English language and miss-spellings are an obvious give away to fake & counterfeit items

If you suspect the item you have as being fake / counterfeit .. use H2testw.exe to examine the card ... when I did this to a fake one, I got the following report from it ... proving that it was rubbish and counterfeit .... Avoid buying from Ebay as most sellers peddle their wares on here !
With Ebay / PayPal you then you have all the hassles of dealing with PayPal and their pathetic returns night-mere procedure, in that you have to prove that you have been sent counterfeit / fake items .. "Guilty until proved innocent" mentality .. Ebay & PayPal SUCK !!!

The media is likely to be defective.
14.6 GByte OK (30783443 sectors)
46.8 GByte DATA LOST (98271277 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
46.8 GByte corrupted (98271277 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000003a06fa600
Expected: 0x00000003a06fa600
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 7.50 MByte/s
Reading speed: 9.15 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
review image
33 comments|212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2015
Received a fake..., 28 Dec. 2015

ste.sully

This review is from: Samsung Memory 64 GB Evo MicroSDXC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter (Accessory)

Previously bought one of these from Amazon in February and it works a treat. I needed another card I bought another. Unfortunately, fake micro SD cards are rife - even the big retailers struggle to spot the counterfeit ones.

The layout on the packaging was convincing and matched the Samsung box however the print quality was not great. Also a Samsung seal/holographic sticker was missing - although Samsung tend to do these more on higher value goods I have seen them on smaller SD Card, external hard drive packaging etc. so my tail is always up when these are missing. Upon inspecting the SD cards I had my suspicions. The gold foil pins on the back were not flush with the card and overly gold which is a giveaway. I put the card into the computer however the card would not format. On my laptop, Windows Explorer refused to take it and it crashed the program.

Comparing it with the same card I received in February 2015 it was quite clear this was a fake - as the attached photos shows. The producers of this fake card messed up on the card itself and the packaging with obvious differences. The photos shows the fake . The Samsung lettering font on the packaging is clearly different and the grey arrow is missing.See the Amazon or Samsung web page for the real ones. There are many warnings in this review section about the missing arrow which alerted me. Thanks folks! Was not expecting a fake from Amazon itself!
review image review image
on 20 November 2015
Genuine Samsung EVO 32GB card failed after 3 months of use

This was used on my girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini but has now failed and refuses to work after only 3 months of use in the phone. Quite annoying as some of her important photos were lost and would expect this to have worked better in tandom with another Samsung device. To be fair it only cost £10 but I would have expected better than 3 months of use, I will now know better than to setup an SD card again to hold important photos that could be lost.

I work in IT and have used recovery tools and third party format tools to fix and recover the SD card but have hadn't any luck with this. I probably won't bother raising this issue with Samsung or try to RMA it with them as it will probably cost more time and money to send back to them than to buy a new one.
on 16 January 2016
I bought this micro SD card directly from Amazon and received it today. Upon further inspection and having read some reviews here and on other websites I became a bit worried because the card I've got doesn't have that little arrow next to EVO text on the front. My immediate thought was a counterfeit - fortunately that's not the case! The packaging showcases good quality printing with memory size (64GB) and on the front side including correct type SDXC, nice and sharp text which is readable, it says Made in Korea on the back, multilingual but English first (no Chinese) and the model numbers match the ones on Samsung's website. The card itself has white edges as it's supposed to have, is well made, contains all the logos in correct form and also has a genuine part number on the back.
Having run a few tests in "h2testw" programme on Windows and "A1 SD Bench" app on my smartphone (Z3 Compact) I can confirm that this card can do at least 15MB/s write and 40MB/s read. It very much depends on the device you're testing it with, e.g. my old SD card slot on my laptop showed only 15MB/s both write and read. I suspect it was due to my laptop's card reader being over 6 years old.
Regarding the above issue with the missing arrow, it seems like this is Samsung's latest design as per their listing here http://goo.gl/CRDpb8 (I just had an SD adapter instead the USB one). "A1 SD Bench" Android app says my card was made in Oct 2015 which kinda supports my theory.

Hope this review helps other people to get their peace of mind.
on 30 January 2016
I bought this card in June 2015. It worked very well for about six months and then failed completely. I tried to reformat the card while it was in my phone - this didn't work at all. I then tried to reformat the card using my laptop - again, no luck.

After a lot of searching on the amazon.co.uk site, and using general Google searches, I can not find a link to a process under which I can obtain a refund or a new card from Amazon. I realise that this should be rather simple and also realise that the answer would normally be staring me in the face - so, I checked and re-checked and still no luck. Can anyone help me solve this ferocious mystery? I bought an item from Amazon, it failed after a few months, I would like my money back or a new item.....
on 25 March 2016
Well, it was great while it lasted, i used it in my android phone, for music, and a backup, and keeping an OS on there (I liked to flash different OS's on my phone with my old 8GB cheap micro SD card)
after less than a month, my phone started to skip songs in the music player, then suddenly a whole folder of music had gone. I restarted my phone, then even more files were missing. After taking the card out, placing it in an SD card reader, and checking the files on my laptop, the SD card had converted itself to a RAW format, and was unable to format in windows, with any external software, in Linux, or in my phone. So i assume it is basically dead. fair enough, it didn't set on fire, get hit by an x-ray, drown in a pool, or anything else, so i'll give Samsung that they weren't lying there. But for the micro SD card to corrupt from normal usage isn't normal. I've had over 6 Micro SD cards, most of which i was using at a very young age, so i wasn't very careful, and would literally take cards out whilst they were transferring data. Maybe I was unlucky, but it seems weird that a Samsung Micro SD card, inside a Samsung phone manages to somehow corrupt itself, and lose all functionality. My old 8GB Micro SD is still holding up, so i guess that'll do for now, i think i'll stick to SanDisk for now. 8 Years, and not a single problem with their products.
if anyone knows how my SD card could have corrupted so randomly (it was fine for the whole day, nothing new happened, and it died listening to music) then it would be good to know, i doubt the product is faulty, i feel i was just unlucky, however other SD cards have gone through a longer life span of me doing more things, to them, so i'm not sure
for the price, and the name, I expected a bit more, at least the storage space and write/read speeds were very good
on 23 January 2016
Bought the SD card to be used in my LG G4 because I was running out of memory. Less than a month after using it in my phone and having moved all of my photos and music onto it, the files had corrupted I could barely use any of the apps on my phone as that data had also been transferred to the card. When trying to use software to recover the files it didn't work. I gave up and formatted the card, when trying to use it after this point, no computer or phone could read the card. It's completely unusable, waste of time and money. When reading comments I found out that this card could actually be a fake.
on 6 October 2015
Lucky enough to buy both an Amazon Fire TV and a 7" tablet, I wanted to boost the storage, and this does the job perfectly. Just pop it into the device, and you’ve got Gigabytes of space. A 64Gb card will store 64 billion characters of data or around 94 hours of SD video.

I've included some photos below indicating how to install an SD card in a tablet computer.

In addition to the Amazon Fire range, it will also work in just about any video/SLR camera or tablet computer, and at 45MB/sec it’s incredibly fast.

How much storage do I need?
======================
It depends, but even a 32Gb SD card will fit enough SD video to watch for over 65 standard definition movies or 94 hours straight. To test this, I downloaded an SD copy of “Shaun the Sheep” to an Amazon Fire tablet, and it used 497 MB. This means:-

32Gb = 11,400 JPG photos or 65 SD or 32 HD movies or 8,000 MP3 songs
64Gb = 22,800 photos or 130 SD or 64 HD movies or 16,000 songs
128Gb = 45,600 photos or 260 SD or 130 HD movies or 32,000 songs

What will it store?
=============
Anything including Video, MP3 music, Photos, Apps, word documents.

What will it work with?
================
Anything. I tried it with a Cannon EOS 700D SLR, a GoPro HERO, an Amazon Fire 7” tablet and my Fire TV. Plug in an SD card adapter, and it even works with your laptop.

What does “Speed Class” mean?
=========================
A card rated at a class 10 “speed class” means it’s fast enough handle recording a full HD video from a camera. This means it should handle more than 10 MB/sec, or ten million bits per second transfer rate. In short, this is fast enough to handle almost anything you throw at it.

How fast is this card?
================
Samsung claim 48 MB/s. I tested this with a USB 3.0 card reader and got:-

Read speed: 45MB/s
Write speed: 15MB/s

Conclusion
========
If you’ve bought a camera, tablet or Amazon Fire TV - buy one of these too.

Highly Recommended.
review image review image review image review image