TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 August 2015
As an iPhone & iPad owner I can never have enough Lightning USB cables, I'm for forever misplacing or losing them. Unfortunately, the market is flooded with cheap imitations, at first they seem OK, but it doesn't take long before they break or cease to be recognised by the devices. This makes it difficult to buy a good quality cable without forking out for the genuine article.

The Syncwire cable is genuinely good value for money. The cable construction is very good and it doesn't feel like connectors are going to fall off after 5 minutes use. Both my iPhone 5 & iPad recognise the cable when connected, so thumbs up there.

Whats even more impressive is the cable comes with a lifetime unconditional warranty, if for any reason your cable should break or stop working, Syncwire will supply you with a free replacement, pretty good for a cable that cost less than £6!

If you need a replacement or spare cable, you can't go wrong with the Synwire. The quality is superb and the lifetime warrant makes is exceptional value for money.

Sample product provided for honest review.
review image review image review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 August 2015
 Video shows close up, crisply focused and clearly lit product from various angles inc features.

This video review was given in exchange for an honest and fair review and is subject to updates regarding the ongoing performance of the product

APPLE charge £15 for a cable the same as the syncwire cable. Syncwire charge £6..so what's the difference apart from the price? To be honest- I don't think there is any real material difference apart from the logo.

Watch the video and see the visual comparison of the products side by side. They materials feel extremely similar too.. the Apple cable is a little more supple perhaps but that's it and it my be due to the fact that I've used the Apple cable 100s of times . Syncwire aren't knocking off cheap substitutes.

So this is how I read it- Apple have given it the thumbs up and have certified it. You get a lifetime guarantee.. yes A LIFETIME. There are 1500 positive indepedent reviews on Amazon. I can find no real distinguishing differences in performance ( why would I if Apple have certified it?) AND the Syncwire cable is slightly whiter than the Apple Cable.. Errr, this is a no-brainer. It's for real.

Apple MFi Certified - Apple Certified PPID for Syncwire Lightning Cable: 127392-0044.
Perfect Compatibility - Works with Apple iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 5 / 5C / 5S, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod Nano 7th Generation.
Superior Quality - Designed to fit into virtually all cases. Enjoy lightning-fast data transfer, syncing, and charging.
Outstanding Durability - Original 8 Pin connector with a lightning end.
Lifetime Guarantee for Your Peace of Mind.
on 28 June 2015
My pair of Lightning Syncwires arrived this week, but only just had time to test them. The build quality, materials and connector dimensions are very similar to the original Apple cable, but with an 'S' logo on one side of the Lightning connector. Somewhat strangely for a certified cable the manufacturer's instructions directed that the 'S' side of the connector should be facing up and not facing down. I tested both sides regardless.

Data Transfer Test:
- TX/RX data side 1 - PASS
- TX/RX data side 2 - PASS

Power Test Setup:
Apple USB Mains Charger - 10 Watt
iPad Mini 2 with 40% charge remaining, on full screen brightness, with wifi on and streaming BBC iPlayer.
Portapow Power Monitor V2

Syncwire cable results:
5.02 V
2.00 A
10.04 W

So there we have it - the Syncwire is as good as the original Apple Lightning Cable and is able to deliver the full 10 W / 2.00 A from the Apple USB charger. My 3ft Anker cable was not far behind at 1.94 A / 9.72 W.

As an aside some of my other 'Lightning' cables were shockingly bad at delivering current and are now in the bin. I also found that one of my aftermarket '2.5 amp' wall chargers can only actually deliver 0.97 amps, so that will be replaced at some point too. I am very happy with the Syncwires at just £5.99.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Third party Lightning cables can sometimes be a bit of a risky proposition. I've had bad luck with a few, with some failing completely after a few months, getting worryingly hot, not syncing properly or splitting and falling apart. When I saw all of the positive reviews of the Syncwire Lightning cable, I was keen to try it out.

The Syncwire cable looks very similar to an Apple cable. It is finished in the same glossy white, the only indication that it's not an Apple product being the small 'S' on the Lightning end of the cable. It's MFi ("Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad") certified, which means that it's been certified to meet "Apple performance standards" and should therefore be 100% compatible.

I had no problems using this cable to charge or sync my iPad Air or iPhone 6. It feels solid and well made and I had no problem using it with the cases still on my devices. It worked perfectly when used with a 12W Apple USB charger (which I use for rapid charging my phone) - my phone charged at the same speed as when used with an Apple cable.

Even though the Syncwire cable feels tough and well made, in my experience I've found that even Apple Lightning cables can split over time. One thing I've found is that applying Sugru to both ends of the cable, just after the connectors, goes a long way to preventing this. I've done this with at least half a dozen cables so far and none have split. I'll certainly be doing that with this cable too!

Pros:
+ MFi certified
+ No compatibility problems charging or syncing
+ Looks like an Apple cable
+ Feels tough
+ Lifetime warranty

Cons:
- None, really!

At well under half the price of the Apple equivalent, I highly recommend this Syncwire cable. It is MFI certified, works pefectly and feels as well made as an Apple cable. I'll be using this cable extensively over the next few months and will update this review if any of my above views change!

Note: this cable is only compatible with newer Apple devices with the smaller, thinner Lightning connector and not the classic dock connector. Check device compatibility before buying! Basically, the iPhone 5 and later, iPad 4 and later, all iPad Minis, iPad Touch 5th generation and later and iPod Nano 7th generation and later use this cable.

• I was kindly given this item in exchange for my honest review, which is what I have provided here •
on 9 February 2015
This is a great cable! MFi certification is a guarantee to have no problems of any kind: it works perfectly with all Apple devices that adopt the Lightning standard without showing warning messages typical of low quality cables.
The cable looks almost the same as the Apple one: you can distinguish it only by the Syncwire's logo in the Lightning side of the cable.
About charging time and data transfer speed, I did not notice differences in respect to the original Apple cable.
The protective coatings near the Lightning and USB connectors are durable enough and they should ensure strong durability.
I also think that the lifetime warranty is a very important aspect: thanks to it, you will be sure that you will not have to spend your money again in a few months for a new cable.
Last but not least, the price: they cost half the original Apple cables; you can have two compatible and certified MFi cables at the price of a single original Apple cable.
on 8 January 2015
If you're anything like me, you'll have been suspicious of the many cheap Apple compatible cables for sale on Amazon.

I can see there's a number of "DO NOT BUY" reviews on this product, so I'm going to try it myself every day and see if I have any problems. I'll update this review if it breaks.
Update: 16th January - been using it every day, and so far it works a treat.

From what I can see, it's exactly the same as every other apple certified cable, and appears very well made. I've certainly no reservations whatsoever.

It's a standard 1 metre long black coloured top quality Apple iPhone/iPad charge cable with USB and lightning plugs. It works exactly as the Apple supplied cable, and I was able to charge up my iPhone without problems. Glad to see this also is Apple certified so you shouldn't expect any problems.

Unlike the 1 inch wide 30 pin connector, this is the new (small) "Lightning" connector which works with:-

* iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
* iPhone 5s, 5c, 5
* iPad 4th Generation, iPad Air and iPad Air 2
* iPad mini range (including original, 2 and 3)
* iPod 5th and iPod Nano 7th generation

Personally I've tested it out without problems on my iPad Mini, iPad Air and iPhone 6, and all worked flawlessly.

One final comment: It comes with a "Lifetime Warranty" - so you can be sure it will still work a couple of years down the line.

Disclosure: I was kindly provided this by the manufacturer to give an independent and unbiased review. Pleased to report it works well.

Highly Recommended.
on 15 August 2015
First impressions of this cable are that it is made to a very high quality, the cable is made from a very thick hardened type rubber material which feels durable and the ends are from a strong plastic, it does not feel as if it could pack up any time soon. Since purchasing an iPhone 5 i have gone through 3 of the original Apple 8 pin sync leads all of which only last around 5 months and they they start to fray at the charging end, this cable however feels far more durable and i am very sure that it will last for longer than even the original Apple cable !

The 8 pin sync metal connector which goes into the phone looks to be made from a solid metal material which you can tell is firmly held into place. There is no room for movement unlike some other cables i have tested and this once again makes me believe that this is a well manufactured product which will last.

I have had no problems with charging my iPhone on IOS 7 and iPad on IOS 8 through this sync lead and i really hope it stays this way once IOS 9 is out, it should however because this product is Apple MFi certified.

Some positives with this product are :

- Sturdy connectors, feels strong and durable
- Looks the same at the original Apple cable yet much cheaper
- Long at 3.3 Feet
- 3X cheaper than Apples cable

So far, first impressions of this cable are great and i could not be any more happy with it.

Highly recommended product.

5/5 Rating Deserved
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 August 2015
The Syncwire Lightning to USB Cable feels very good quality and thick. So I'm not worried about it splitting or breaking after a couple of months. This cable is so much better quality than my original Apple cable. You will not believe the amount of Apple cables I've gone through in the past, as they are forever splitting or breaking due to poor quality. This cable is very flexible, so I can easily bend it to different angles when needed. This cable is 3.3ft (1m) long, which is plenty long enough for needs. However if you need something longer, there is also a 6.5ft (2m) version as well. The Syncwire cable is also Apple MFi certified.

As soon as I plug this cable into my iPhone or iPad, it instantly starts charging, with no delays. And unlike some unofficial cables, this one does not bring up any warning messages on the screen, when plugged in. The Syncwire Lightning to USB Cable also syncs and charges my iPhone and iPad at full speed. I have not experienced any issues with this cable. It also works great in my car, and allows me to charge my phone whilst listening to music. This cable is thicker than the original Apple cable which means it should not tangle as easily. Also the lighting connector is very small, so it should be able to fit into your phone even with a case on.

(I was kindly sent this Lightning Cable by the seller in the exchange for an honest and unbiased review. The opinion expressed here is entirely my own view of this Lightning Cable.)
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
When this arrived and I opened the packet, the first thing that struck me was how alike they are in the actual Apple Cable this was, strong and durable looking. It has the logo "S" on this, attaining this is made by Syncwire.

The white glossy cable itself is firm and feels quite durable. Tough, and long lasting.

I have taken a week before writing my review as I wanted to test them out thoroughly on all the items we have in this house that it fits to charge up.

The metal ends are very well and firmly fitted in.
I have had alternative ones that are very flimsy and not at all good at sliding in the USB let alone the connectors I need to connect them to with several of my devices.

I am really pleased and surprised at how well these are made.

They have a LIFE TIME WARRANTY which is a bonus.
Make sure you get the correct connectors for the devices you need to charge, this is for the Apple iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C - Apple iPad Air Nano 7th generation and a few others. So just check before purchasing.

I see this is Certified by Apple, now this means, they are Approved by Apple for Apple products, so no fear of cheap manufactured products, this is genuine.

On the whole I am very impressed with this and recommend this product
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The Syncwire Lightning Cable looks, feels and performs exactly like the original Apple cable. The one I received does not have any markings as depicted in the product picture. ( This is probably due to the cable being a sample). In fact I had to mark it with a sharpie in order to be able to differentiate between the two during my tests.

The Syncwire is recognised as an original when connected to any iOS device supporting a lightning connector. It is an Apple certified product after all, so no surprises there.

I have performed the following head to head comparisons between the Syncwire and Apple original cable:
• Charging the iPad Air and iPone 5C
• Data transfer speeds between iPad air and MackBook Pro
• Synchronization between the MacBook Pro and iPad Air

All tests provided identical results. Update: Tested on iPad Air and iPhone 5C running version iOS 7.0 to 8.0 and so far so good. I will report further as newer versions of iOS are released.

The icing on the cake is that the cable comes with a lifetime warranty.

Recommended

Disclosure: This product was sent to me in exchange for a fair, honest and unbiased review. The supplier did not attempt to influence my opinion of the product.