TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 August 2015
As an iPhone & iPad owner I can never have enough Lightning USB cables, I'm for forever misplacing or losing them. Unfortunately, the market is flooded with cheap imitations, at first they seem OK, but it doesn't take long before they break or cease to be recognised by the devices. This makes it difficult to buy a good quality cable without forking out for the genuine article.

The Syncwire cable is genuinely good value for money. The cable construction is very good and it doesn't feel like the connectors are going to fall off after 5 minutes use. Both my iPhone 5 & iPad recognise the cable when connected, so thumbs up there.

Whats even more impressive is the cable comes with a lifetime unconditional warranty, if for any reason your cable should break or stop working, Syncwire will supply you with a free replacement, pretty good for a cable that cost less than £6!

If you need a replacement or spare cable, you can't go wrong with the Synwire. The quality is superb and the lifetime warranty makes is exceptional value for money.

Sample product provided for honest review.
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment94 of 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2015
Ok so firstly, by way of disclosure, I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised to write a review that is fair and honest.

****EDIT****. I have since purchased these cables as replacements for the OEM ones as they are frankly the best quality lightning cables. I will also add that these cables are working fine with my wife's iPhone 6 and my 6 plus and iPad Air 2.

So, my wife and I own 4 Apple devices, all lightning connector - iPhone 5, 5c, iPad 4 and iPad mini. Charging cables come and go, need them at home, in the car, in the office so you can imagine, we've bought quite a few to supplement the original cables, which frankly are disappointing for Apple - the cables crimp and crease at the connector over time leading to longevity problems. The non-genuine replacements are hit and miss. Even in a batch of 3 cables from one supplier I can get random performance one cable working, another not and a third only some of the time on some of the devices!!!

So, this little MFI certified cable comes as a welcome treat.

The SyncWire presentation is simple and attractive, fuss free. First sight shows the cable inside is clearly not wound as tight as either Apples own or many of the cheap copies - this can be put down to the clear difference in cable sleeve - it's not that the cable sleeve looks different, it's just feels different, stiffer, stronger. Clearly this isn't going to wind up in a little knot, but I take some reassurance that the cable is stronger than others.

Also, the connector tips look sturdier. These are housed in a more robust plastic housing, slightly bulkier than the Apple own, neatly branded, but also apparently a single moulded piece rather than what Apples are which look to be a two piece with insert. Importantly and to avoid the ever so frustrating issue of bent/creased cables, at the point of exit from the connector tip, the cables are supported by about 5mm of rigid plastic extending back along the cable. Again a distinct difference to Apples preferred rubber wraparound.

In terms of length, the Anker cables are 3ft making them about 10cm less than the Apple standard 1m, and it is a shame SyncWire don't have options on length of cable - I'm sure there would be interest in 2m or 3m lengths (my first recommendation to SyncWire....)

In respect of performance, it does exactly what it says - no frustrating error messages on any of the devices, connects well and charges well. I haven't observed any difference compared to Apples own cable in respect of rate but I do think it's noticeably quicker than some of the cheap non OEM copies I have.

***edit***
Just notice some other reviews are concerned about the certified status of these cables. In my experience these cables are definitely MFI certified and I have not had any error messages when using them with my iPhones.

So my final scores are;
Packaging 5/5 - simple, fuss free, minimal waste
on 28 June 2015
My pair of Lightning Syncwires arrived this week, but only just had time to test them. The build quality, materials and connector dimensions are very similar to the original Apple cable, but with an 'S' logo on one side of the Lightning connector. Somewhat strangely for a certified cable the manufacturer's instructions directed that the 'S' side of the connector should be facing up and not facing down. I tested both sides regardless.

Data Transfer Test:
- TX/RX data side 1 - PASS
- TX/RX data side 2 - PASS

Power Test Setup:
Apple USB Mains Charger - 10 Watt
iPad Mini 2 with 40% charge remaining, on full screen brightness, with wifi on and streaming BBC iPlayer.
Portapow Power Monitor V2

Syncwire cable results:
5.02 V
2.00 A
10.04 W

So there we have it - the Syncwire is as good as the original Apple Lightning Cable and is able to deliver the full 10 W / 2.00 A from the Apple USB charger. My 3ft Anker cable was not far behind at 1.94 A / 9.72 W.

As an aside some of my other 'Lightning' cables were shockingly bad at delivering current and are now in the bin. I also found that one of my aftermarket '2.5 amp' wall chargers can only actually deliver 0.97 amps, so that will be replaced at some point too. I am very happy with the Syncwires at just £5.99.
0Comment70 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2015
This is a great cable! MFi certification is a guarantee to have no problems of any kind: it works perfectly with all Apple devices that adopt the Lightning standard without showing warning messages typical of low quality cables.
The cable looks almost the same as the Apple one: you can distinguish it only by the Syncwire's logo in the Lightning side of the cable.
About charging time and data transfer speed, I did not notice differences in respect to the original Apple cable.
The protective coatings near the Lightning and USB connectors are durable enough and they should ensure strong durability.
I also think that the lifetime warranty is a very important aspect: thanks to it, you will be sure that you will not have to spend your money again in a few months for a new cable.
Last but not least, the price: they cost half the original Apple cables; you can have two compatible and certified MFi cables at the price of a single original Apple cable.
review image review image review image
0Comment52 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2015
This item is dangerous! DO NOT BUY!
I have just contacted Amazon for a refund on this item.
I was charging my phone and needed to go out and thank god I went when I did. It was so hot on the end it burnt my finger tips as I unplugged it. The end is all melted and I believe it was moments away from catching on fire. Had I been charging this over night it could have been A LOT more serious than burnt finger tips!
I believe this item needs to be recalled because it is not safe and potentially fatal.
on 8 January 2015
If you're anything like me, you'll have been suspicious of the many cheap Apple compatible cables for sale on Amazon.

I can see there's a number of "DO NOT BUY" reviews on this product, so I'm going to try it myself every day and see if I have any problems. I'll update this review if it breaks.
Update: 16th January - been using it every day, and so far it works a treat.

From what I can see, it's exactly the same as every other apple certified cable, and appears very well made. I've certainly no reservations whatsoever.

It's a standard 1 metre long black coloured top quality Apple iPhone/iPad charge cable with USB and lightning plugs. It works exactly as the Apple supplied cable, and I was able to charge up my iPhone without problems. Glad to see this also is Apple certified so you shouldn't expect any problems.

Unlike the 1 inch wide 30 pin connector, this is the new (small) "Lightning" connector which works with:-

* iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
* iPhone 5s, 5c, 5
* iPad 4th Generation, iPad Air and iPad Air 2
* iPad mini range (including original, 2 and 3)
* iPod 5th and iPod Nano 7th generation

Personally I've tested it out without problems on my iPad Mini, iPad Air and iPhone 6, and all worked flawlessly.

One final comment: It comes with a "Lifetime Warranty" - so you can be sure it will still work a couple of years down the line.

Disclosure: I was kindly provided this by the manufacturer to give an independent and unbiased review. Pleased to report it works well.

Highly Recommended.
0Comment56 of 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2015
Let's face it. Your Apple cable was made to break and you'll have to replace it soon. I find it stupid to fork out on a £15 cable that Apple will replace within a year if needs be - but it will always begin to break and show signs of wear a year after the warranty finishes! So, I find myself in an endless loop of replacing Apple Lightning cables at £15 a pop.

Syncwire solves one of those issues. This cable only costs £5.99. It's MFi (made for i) certified too which means it's guaranteed to be compatible with your device and wont cause any harmful damage.

Unfortunately, it's no more durable than the standard iPhone Lightning cable and feels as though it too will also begin to peel after a year. That's fair enough though, because at £5 I'm happy to replace a product I use on an everyday basis.

For those happy to spend a little more, I would strongly recommend a a Nylon-wrapped cable which offers unbeatable durability.
on 3 September 2015
It worked quite well when I initially purchased this cable though I will say I'm not quite sure if it made charging my IPad any quicker but it no longer works so is not fit for purpose ! I am finding this an ongoing issue when I buy charging leads from here over the 6 months , they very quickly stop connecting properly , stop charging the product or the iPad/iPhone doesn't recognise it anymore !
I'm very disappointed with this product especially as I purchased 3 at the same time and they have all stopped working .
Waste of my time and money
22 comments10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 15 August 2015
Third party Lightning cables can sometimes be a bit of a risky proposition. I've had bad luck with a few, with some failing completely after a few months, getting worryingly hot, not syncing properly or splitting and falling apart. When I saw all of the positive reviews of the Syncwire Lightning cable, I was keen to try it out.

The Syncwire cable looks very similar to an Apple cable. It is finished in the same glossy white, the only indication that it's not an Apple product being the small 'S' on the Lightning end of the cable. It's MFi ("Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad") certified, which means that it's been certified to meet "Apple performance standards" and should therefore be 100% compatible.

I had no problems using this cable to charge or sync my iPad Air or iPhone 6. It feels solid and well made and I had no problem using it with the cases still on my devices. It worked perfectly when used with a 12W Apple USB charger (which I use for rapid charging my phone) - my phone charged at the same speed as when used with an Apple cable.

Even though the Syncwire cable feels tough and well made, in my experience I've found that even Apple Lightning cables can split over time. One thing I've found is that applying Sugru to both ends of the cable, just after the connectors, goes a long way to preventing this. I've done this with at least half a dozen cables so far and none have split. I'll certainly be doing that with this cable too!

Pros:
+ MFi certified
+ No compatibility problems charging or syncing
+ Looks like an Apple cable
+ Feels tough
+ Lifetime warranty

Cons:
- None, really!

At well under half the price of the Apple equivalent, I highly recommend this Syncwire cable. It is MFI certified, works pefectly and feels as well made as an Apple cable. I'll be using this cable extensively over the next few months and will update this review if any of my above views change!

Note: this cable is only compatible with newer Apple devices with the smaller, thinner Lightning connector and not the classic dock connector. Check device compatibility before buying! Basically, the iPhone 5 and later, iPad 4 and later, all iPad Minis, iPad Touch 5th generation and later and iPod Nano 7th generation and later use this cable.

• I was kindly given this item in exchange for my honest review, which is what I have provided here •
review image review image review image
Disclaimer: I was sent this product free of charge in return for an honest and unbiased review, which is what I've provided here.

The Syncwire USB cable is certainly - at least so far - as good as Apple's own cable. It connects backward and forward (for those unfamiliar with Apple's 8-pin connectors, it doesn't matter which way you put them in, unlike the previous ones which would only go in one way) and doesn't stick. It charges quickly, and while some people have written reviews saying that their products have given an error message of, "this product is not compatible/Apple Certified", I certainly haven't had that problem yet.

Charging seems to take the same time as Apple's own cable, as does file transfer, but considering the price is a lot less, that's not something that I'd be liable to complain about. It's also the same flexibility, and comes with a piece of protective plastic around the 8-pin head. (The part with the Syncwire logo, not the actual pin itself.)

All things considered, the only "complaint" I have, is that I wish it came with the option of different cable lengths. Sometimes, 1 metre just isn't long enough.