on 24 April 2014
This is not just a joy ride, it takes patience, understanding, repetition, dedication and a big bottle. When I saw one was on offer for sale about a year ago, I decided to spontaneously buy it, used it the day I got it and was absolutely rubbish at it, used it the next day and gave myself a number of bruises and cuts and then I almost gave up with it. About two months later, I moved to a little town in Hertfordshire, called Stevenage and couldn't resist to try it again seeing as I was surrounded by hills. 9 months down the road I've had replacement wheels installed on mine a number of times and now can almost do the Ollie, no easy task on two wheels. My suggestion is that if you are young at heart and what something to spice your life up, consider this! I have been to a number of towns over the past year and have seen hundreds of ordinary skateboards but I haven't seen anyone else with one of these! Some pointers of advice, if you're gonna buy this, expect to have accidents with it, balancing on it alone takes a while to get used to. I've never used a helmet personally but most people should, as of lately I've been using protective gloves as that's the first thing you land on if you do fall. Also, stay away from traffic while you're still using it as an amateur, as it's easy to get carried away when you think you've got pretty good control but actually kidding yourself. Can't recommend this board enough, I wish more people used them!
on 5 August 2014
My daughter purchased this item, she is 10. This is a very robust model, they do take a bit of a bashing when they fall off, hit walls etc. It is big, adult size I'd say but she has no problem and is off up the street in flip flops, and at quite a speed!
on 23 December 2015
I bought this for my Godson's 9th birthday, on the grounds that one of the duties of a Godparent is to buy said child things of which his real parents disapprove...! He ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT...!!! OK - it took him quite a long time and a lot of tumbles (get a child elbow & knee pads and a cycle helmet as well, is my advice!) to get competent, but he persisted and now it is one of his favourite possessions. Mummy and Daddy are somewhat mollified by the fact that it does wonders for his balance and most of all for his core strength... They hate the garish colours (which of course he finds wonderful...!). BIG success.
on 13 May 2014
This toy is the best. I brought it for my daughter as a present and this is the best present that the has ever received. All her friends e so I decided to get her one too. she loved it and went on it every night. she told me that this toy you can never get board of. she was so happy with it and I would strongly recommend it. it is really for age 10 and up and if you wold get one then good luck with using it. it is such fun she said.
on 15 January 2016
We're all happy with this. What the listing doesn't make clear perhaps is , this is the adult size - there is also a children's size which has a much shorter join in the middle. It's massive. Good fun to use - you'll find lots of youtube tutorials. We found it helpful to go in a playground basketball court so there's a wall to hang on to at first! I find that pressing down my heel then toe alternately on the back foot, a bit like putting my foot on and off a car's accelerator, helps to propel it forwards, but I still haven'[t gone very far on it. The kids, meanwhile, have been pootling along posing. According to the kids this is much cooler than a skateboard.
on 4 May 2015
Its a great birthday present and my 11 year old sun loves it.' At the start you do fall off quite often but once you get the hang of it is fab.'
on 13 May 2014
This a great product! I purchased this on the Friday and it was delivered on the Sunday ready for my sons 10th birthday on the Monday. He loves it, great quality and fab bright colours!! Perfect present!!!
on 16 January 2015
Great product Ripstik. Worth spending the extra money getting the real Mccoy than cheaper options. Durable and good fun for kids. Don't waste money on cheaper brands. My kids have hours of fun & it's a strong durable product. Highly recommended
on 8 January 2016
Bought the ripstick for my 9 year old daughter. The only problem was that it probably is too big for her as my 13 year old son has a smaller one which is easier controlled. Check size and weight before you purchase!
on 30 December 2015
Great board- my 8 year old had no problem mastering it- I was worried it would be too big after reading all the reviews recommending the Ripster for this age group but he has found it no problem and loves it!

See one answered question