Style Name: On-Ear|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 27 October 2015
The quality of the headphones is pleasant while not amazing considering the price, the colour scheme is simple with small patches of red patterned materiel on ear and an otherwise entirely black and classic design. they feel plasticky yet strong and small yet durable. the sound quality is good but lacking in both heavy bass or fidelity in the higher frequencies, overall they sound good for all genres but are not perfect for any-one genre. they come with a cable featuring a three buttons and a microphone; all of which work perfectly on iOS devices (I haven't tried them with any android devices but presumably the microphone and play/pause button would work well), they also come in a small yet protective case which holds them when they are folded down to their smallest size (which is very small). The biggest problem I have found is that the on-ear nature of the headphones makes them prone to sound bleed and, as such, are not ideal for travel use on planes, trains etc. or in any public situation unless the sound is quite low (at which point the sound from the headphones will likely be inaudible due to the lack of any sound isolating feature). overall, while they are good headphones and worth buying if you can get them on sale, at £130 there are alternatives which are likely far better for the situations in which you will use headphones/ for the music you will be listening to.

Bose has added a bit of colour to its range with the SoundTrue OE headphones. Available in four modern designs, they are set to rival the latest Beats by Dre headphones on the fashion front. The Bose SoundTrue range includes two rather similar models with slightly dissimilar designs. These are the on-ear variant, whereas the SoundTrue AEs are over-ear. The sound quality of the former seems better, and they are also smaller and lighter too.

You get the feature of three-button in-line remote and microphone, so you can make hands-free phone calls and change the volume of your music; however, they are only fully compatible with Apple devices, and to lesser degree certain android phones, which is rather disappointing.

They sound great across all types of music genres, from jazz to pop, but particularly excel when listening to classical tracks. The spoken-word comes over as rather crisp and clear, so these headphones are excellent for listening to audiobooks and similar.

Style Name: On-Ear|Colour Name: White|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are excellent headphones. I have used Bose QC1 and then QC2 headphones for more years than I can remember now and have loved them. However, there is a lot of competition now from other brands in this range, and I wondered whether Bose might be relying on their reputation because these are quite expensive for compact on-ear 'phones. I was wrong - these are worth every penny. They are neat, light, compact and comfortable, and most importantly of all, have excellent sound.

The sound is the most important thing, so to begin with that: it is excellent. I am genuinely surprised that such small, light on-ear 'phones can produce such a full, rounded sound. It is excellently balanced with very bright treble, rich middles and a very solid bass, which really resonates when necessary. What I found striking was the sheer precision and clarity of what I was hearing, which was exceptional. I have a Test Playlist for audio equipment which starts with Tudor choral music, ends with London Grammar and covers most things in between. Everything sounds excellent; the bass response gives a theorbo and viola da gamba a real, resonant depth, string quartets are perfectly balanced, I'd say, rock sounds great and that sub-bass resonance in the second half of London Grammar's Hey Now really rolls around your head. I find them a joy to listen to.

I have worn these for several hours at a stretch and they're extremely comfortable. They may not grip hard enough for running, say, but they're fine for everyday use. They are very nicely packaged with an attractive storage pouch, they look stylish and the cord gives no friction noise whatever. It has a control switch and microphone for use with your phone but works perfectly well with an ordinary jack output from an mp3 player, computer etc.

The only tiny gripe I have is that the connecting cable is far too long for me. I'm 6 foot tall and with the headphones on the cable dangles on the floor, which means there's an awful lot of it when it's in normal use. However, that's a trivial complaint. These are top-quality headphones and I recommend them very warmly indeed.

(These are on-ear phones so they don't keep the world's noise out as much as over-ear ones, of course. If you prefer over-ear headphones, I find that Brainwavz HM9s deliver sound at least as good as, and possibly better than these for about half the price. They're much chunkier than these, but they are really, really good. Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones .)
VINE VOICEon 18 June 2014
These are the first headphones I've used in a while that aren't in-ear, so they took a bit of adjusting too.

So the good points:
1) They look great. I have had lots of compliments on them which is rare.
2) Sound quality pretty good
3) Surprisingly light yet sturdy

Now the not so good points:

1) The cable is obscenely long - I never thought I'd complain about that but it's true. Gets caught and looped around stuff
2) They make your ears sweaty after abt 45 mins use. Not nice
3) They leak sound in a way in-ears don't. I commute on a train so this can make me unpopular

So only average rating I'm afraid
on 15 August 2015
Fantastic sound quality as you would expect from Bose. Fold away neatly in a small case. Compact and very portable.
on 22 February 2016
Very nice sound quality. Not great at keeping out excessive background noise but this product isn't specifically noise cancelling so that's acceptable. Can easily wear for an hour without ears aching. After that point (or even two hours, depending on the individual) they probably require a quick 5 minute break to stop the ears aching.
on 24 August 2015
I've always wanted a decent set of headphones but these are not them. I need to have the volume almost on full and they are lacking bass. Although they are clearer sound than my set of urbanears they have not got as good a bass. If it was a choice between the two I would choose the urbanears at a fifth of the price.
on 4 November 2015
I was never into headphones, then I got the Bose on-ear experience on a business class flight - lucky me! So then I had to get these ones! Not only a truly fantastic audio experience, but they are seriously comfortable on the ears! Like "they are keeping my ears nice and warm" comfy and don't want to take them off even though I'm not listening to anything! Sure, you lose a little sound but this is a small downside to the on-ear experience. The only thing I was slightly disappointed with (and this is my own fault, I guess) is that I just saw the photo and thought these 'mint' headphones were a light blue - that's how it looks to me! On receiving them, they look more... you guessed it, mint coloured! Still, photo 4 does illustrate the colour pretty well. Anyway, did I already say I'm a Bose convert?
on 17 February 2016
I bought my Daughter these as I already own a pair. Great quality sound, very comfortable and a quality feel to the product.
Sound cancelling are slightly better but don't hesitate to buy these. You won't be disappointed
on 6 August 2015
I bought these at almost half the retail price during the amazon prime day sale, and I have to say they are worth every penny, even if you pay full price! They were a little smaller than I was expecting, and I was slightly worried that they would look silly, but it was in reality quite the opposite. The design is minimalist but incredibly attractive, and obviously Bose. The material used for the actual over ear part is really soft and comfortable, and the use of a coloured material in the centre adds to the comfort and attractiveness of the headphones. The design of the headphones overall is great, with them folding neatly into an impressively small unit. The case supplied with the headphones feels really high quality and I love being able to store my headphones in it, as it gives the extra security that they won’t get damaged in my bag.

Sound quality wise, they are fantastic. I’ve never spent more than £30 on a pair of headphones before, and there is a massive improvement! The noise cancelling also works well, and they are ideal on the train on my way to work as it shuts out any unwanted noise, without letting everyone else know what you’re listening to!

The fact the cable only comes out of one side is also an added bonus, as it means that taking them on and off is much easier, and they are much less likely to get tangled up, which has to be the most annoying trait of any pair of headphones that I’ve owned. I regret not being able to buy one of the better colours, as I only have the black model, but the sound and design quality make this not a problem at all.

Overall I would definitely recommend getting these headphones, especially if you’re looking for something a little different to the millions of beats headphones around these days!