on 6 April 2015
Very nice TV. Good build quality, although the back panel is plastic, it feel strong, the stand has a metal frame although the TV isn't too heavy. Looks nice with the thin bezel. Picture quality is excellent, very clear, especially on the HD channels, Freeview HD built in is brilliant. Speak quality is good, doesn't distort but you can plug in additional speakers such as a soundbar if you want. The remote is quite small but the buttons are large with clear text. Easy to use menus. You can't swivel the TV on the stand like you can with some other models but this doesn't affect us. All in all, a very decent value for money TV from a good brand.
11 comment16 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2015
Excellent 42" screen! I use this to watch DVDs. There are two HDMI inputs (cable not supplied), and an RCA/Phono output (cable not supplied) for Hi-Fi/sound-system. The TV is both slim and light in weight. The stand is slim and relatively unobtrusive. The stand attaches by four screws on each side, and is easy to fit. The remote-control is small and easy to use (batteries supplied). The energy-consumption is A+ and is therefore very economical and environmentally-friendly. Excellent value-for-money. I am very pleased with my purchase, and award 5 Stars!
Up-date (5th March 2015): I have used a special cable (available from Amazon) to connect the TV sound to my Hi-Fi separate amplifier (which feeds to separate stereo-speaker cabinets). This cable is a stereo-plug attached to a RCA/Phono cable, which feeds from the TV head-phone socket. This connection allows me to listen to digital-music from my computer, and also to listen/watch music from YouTube. The TV powers the connection, so therefore, there is no-need for a separate digital-to-analogue converter-box and the associated specialist cables. This saves money, and reduces my electricity-consumption. In summation, I only use two HDMI cables, two RCA/Phono cables, and the Stereo-Plug/RCA cable. The system is accessed from the TV remote-control AV button, and by scrolling between HDMI1 (for DVD) and HDMI2 (for computer). I am very pleased with this TV/Hi-Fi system. I was requested by Amazon to supply the following answer to a customer-enquiry: The TV (including the stand) is 24-inches tall, and 38-inches wide. Award 5 Stars!
on 14 July 2014
This is fantastic. We have finally upgraded from a 27" big box Panasonic to this whopping great 42"!!
Attached to Sky+HD and WOW what a picture.
Very easy to set up and attach to Sky, DVD and Wii. The sound, picture and options are easy to use.
Very pleased
on 9 March 2015
Arrived in good time and well packaged, its in our lounge and working and sounding excellent. Will be buying another for our dining room but in a 32 inch size, i would say to any one that Panasonic are always excellent products to use.
on 10 February 2015
Love this TV. In particular, I find the sound quality excellent. We have had a flatscreen Toshiba for about 5 years now, and the sound quality on the Panasonic is so much better, we can hear the voices so much more clearly now, we were getting pretty reliant on subtitles and thinking we may have hearing problems!
on 18 September 2014
Ordered Friday lunchtime and delivered saturday 12noon. the 42" is plenty big enough for my flat and love the way the screen goes right to the edge of the unit. This was an upgrade from my ten year old 30" HD ready Toshiba - the improvement is incredible, picks up all the freeview channels and HD channels on a very weak signal, Plenty of settings to play with which is just as well because out of the box the screen is bright and colourfull - once tamed it looks beautiful. Works best on my ps3 both games and blu-rays, Planet Earth is simply stunning. I did panic when it turned itself off after 4 hours, however soon realised that it has an auto-off function which can be disabled in the settings. I like the way your screen settings stay for each input so if you turn the colour up for games, you don't have to alter it every time you switch between av and tv.. all in all I am very happy with this product. The only potential downfall will be reliability- if it breaks within the first year i'll be back to update this !

**update: you can spend all day playing with the colour brightness contrast and sharpness OR simply turn down the back-light-blinking to 50 for a perfect picture.
11 comment15 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2015
Sound quality is not as advertised
on 22 August 2015
so made up i got this tv when it was about £115 cheaper than it is currently! it's worth every penny. had it a few months now and use it for netflix with an apple Mac mini. it's reliable. one of the things I hated most about my last out-dated, chunky-bezel plasma (LG) was that it used to make a noticeable buzzing noise, when you were watching it you could notice the noise in the background. I could not fault this tv. it may not have smart TV features but if you use other devices connected to the tv (xbox/pc/Mac/apple TV) you will get the most out of it. 100hz processing rate is definitely a noticeable bump up from 50, things move quicker. Noise reduction is a fantastic feature, leaves less noticeable grain on display. I would recommend this TV to anyone, I definitely think this is perfect for gaming, movies and computer use
review image review image
on 4 February 2015
Brilliant Panasonic TV which was easy to install. The picture is exceptionally good with brilliant full HD quality. I always buy Panasonic TV's and have never been disappointed. The only minor drawback is the position of the mains on/off switch which is located on the back panel and not easy to see at first. There are also controls for channel change and volume on the same small panel on the back. However, all functions operate more than satisfactorily with the remote so it doesn't actually cause any issues. This is a slim line TV with very narrow edgeing panels around the screen so the TV is large to view at 42 inch but yet still looks compact in the room. Excellent buy.
on 16 December 2014
This TV is fantastic. It makes my old one look so outdated!! It is light and easy to move, it was very simple to attach the stand and even easier to tune in!! It has very little surround to the picture which is extremely attractive as it appears to be all screen and the picture quality and sound are great. The only small disappointment is the fact that it does have smart apps but I can`t access them without connecting a LAN cable and there is too much distance from where my TV is situated and my Hub. Wireless connection would have been a bonus however considering the incredible price of this beautiful piece of kit I am very happy to forfeit the apps.