Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Used to flat screen tvs of even a few years ago, the first very pleasant shock on receiving this tv is how light this 39" tv is, circa 10kg. Light enough for me to easily carry single handed and for me to also mount it with no difficulty on a plaster board faced hollow wall! See photos.

The screen bezel is very small which contributes to a pleasing overall appearance.

Auto-tuning was quick and painless with Freeview HD giving excellent results. Connecting to a Sky HD box via one of the two HDMI sockets was easy , even with the wall mounted TV offering limited space for cables. One issue(not the fault of theTV) was that it could not automatically detect the Sky box and switch to the HDMI input. A problem I believe with the Sky box not sending the appropriate signal as opposed to the TV. It was very easy in any case to switch on the remote from 'TV' to 'AV" as the two buttons are side by side at the top of the remote. UPDATE- Sky confirmed that the issue lies with the Sky+HD box being an early model lacking the necessary hardware, a later box allowed the TV to auto detect the correct HDMI socket.

Picture quality out of the box needed some adjustment which was easily done using the compact remote control and a bit of trial and error. In common with most TVs, the picture 'as is' out of the box is quite vivid and we found that taking the 'normal' picture setting more towards the true cinema settings resulted in an excellent lifelike picture. And if you get carried away, it is easy to reset the tv back to shipping condition and start again! Certainly the combination of the news channels, Wimbledon and the World Cup confirmed that the final picture settings were more than satisfactory.

Viewing angle in common with all LED sets is not as good as a plasma set (although plasmas are getting rarer and rarer now) and we found that at more extreme angles, the colours would fade out. If in doubt, see it in action before committing.

Sound quality is everything that you can expect from an ultra slimline affordable TV but, in all honesty, we have found it perfectly satisfactory for its use in a second room. If you crave surround sound, check that the available sockets (digital, HDMI ARC) meet your requirements lest you need to upgrade to a more fully featured tv.

No smart capabilities (i.e. no internet access/apps) but many people can access these via their set top box so no great hardship there. If you want a smart tv, look further up the range. Software updates are however done via the internet (ethernet port) but none are available yet.

Only two HDMI sockets which may be limiting to some if for example you have a games console, satellite box and blu-ray player.

Power consumption is low.

Our one small irritation is that to completely switch off the tv requires pressing of the side mounted on/off button for a few seconds. Get it wrong and it restarts the tv. Not a huge issue though .

Overall, a very good very basic TV that gives excellent picture quality but none of the 'smart' web based frills that have appeared on sets in recent years. If you simply want a full HD Freeview HD set, then this is well worth considering.

For those that are interested, I mounted the tv on the plasterboard faced hollow wall using an excellent bracket from Amazon i.e. VonHaus by Designer Habitat PREMIUM LCD, LED & Plasma Slim TV Wall Tilt Bracket Black Fits All Models - Samsung LG Sony Philips Toshiba - (23 - 37"), Super-Strength Load Capacity 75Kg, 15 Degree Up/Down Tilt Mechanism, Free Spirit Level which fitted this lightweight 39" tv perfectly. Add six Rawlplg plasterboard anchor bolts and the tv is very securely fixed to the wall.
44 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2014
Screen size and colour excellant, does not have the function of choosing all your days viewing then automatically change the channel when a programme is about to start, should have checked this out prior to my purhase !
on 17 December 2014
Nice TV, no idea what the ethernet port is for though?! We use it as a monitor as we have Virgin cable, also stream films to it from a PC as the ethernet doesn't seem to do anything!

In hindsight, wish we'd gone for a larger one but the price on the day is what swung it & this one isn't exactly small!
on 6 December 2014
I had a bit of bother in the delivery, no fault of Amazon, as the carrier had taken it to the wrong address. This has happened before so does need sorting out by either Amazon or the carrier they use. However, the girls, who I spoke to online at Amazon were exceptionally helpful to me and we got it sorted out in the end. On to the Tv........I am extremely pleased with it, it was easy to set up, picture is perfect. I have just one little niggle, the remote control annoys me, as I'm used to having the numbers at the top and they are at the bottom on this one, I'm sure I'll get used to it. Would highly recommend this tv to anyone
on 6 June 2014
I'm really pleased with this TV, I have bought the 39in. It is replacing an older Panasonic and I'm glad I stuck with the brand. It has no bangs and whistles (as someone has previously pointed out) and that's good because I don't want them, and if you do, then you wouldn't have read past "product details".

The picture quality is great but as my eyes are 60 yrs old this year, I took John Andrew's advise and changed the settings to the recommendations he suggested and that is easier on the eye for me but still beautifully clear and sharp and great colours (so thanks John).

I found the sound is good for me (and you can make an adjustment that allows for the back of the TV being nearer or farther than 30cms from the wall) though I have to say I'm no purist (come on.... I'm a Grandma) but if you were even semi-purist you will already have sound bar.... and if you are my age and your ears are starting to show signs of age.... you still won't need a sound bar. I nearly let someone else's review ( a bit tinny ) put me off but I'm glad I didn't.

I had wanted to upgrade to a bigger screen for easier viewing, since the eyes are also showing signs of ageing, but I didn't want the TV to dominate the room. Thanks to the tiny surround (half a centimeter ) the set is only 1 inch bigger all round than my previous 32in. but I've increased to a 39in screen.

I unpacked it by myself, built the stand (which is only a few screws) by myself and because the set is so much lighter than my previous one, I could easily lift the TV onto the table top stand (couple more screws) and then onto the corner unit it is going to live on. Any ladies (even my age) you can handle this by yourself very very easily (can't speak for the bigger sizes though).

All in all, I'm very very pleased.
VINE VOICEon 4 July 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There's certainly nothing flashy about this Panasonic 39 inch LED TV. There are no Smart Wi-Fi features, there's no 3D compatability, there's no voice recoginition, no fancy audio/display settings. What you're getting is an all round great TV with a fantastic picture, great audio and Freeview HD.

I'm using currently to play my Playstation 4 on and it's amazing. The full 1080p HD looks stunning. Blu Ray films also look terrific with a wide viewing angle of 176 degrees. It's also a very slim TV with hardly any border around the outside. I'm not sure why this is a 39 inch TV when most companies offer 40 inch, but it hardly matters as this TV is big enough for most living rooms. It also won't dominate a room and the minimalist stand means you can have this TV in just about any setting. It's a lightweight TV too so it's easy for just one person to set it up and get it on the stand.

There are only two HDMI ports, if you want to connect a lot of devices this may be an issue for you. One HDMI connection is ARC (Audio Return Channel) ready, meaning you canconnect to a soundbar or surround sound system. I would recommend buying a soundbar if you plan to use it for a larger living room as the in built speakers aren't giving you the best bass response.

Freeview HD setup was ultra easy, done in around 4 minutes and had a wide range of channels plus all the main HD channels all look really good.

For a basic TV without any of the 'bells and whistles' many Smart TVs have, this is a great investment.
on 25 June 2014
Here's an unboxing and review video (hope it helps) : http://youtu.be/DCHbqcPVwQ0

Very happy with this Panasonic TV, due to an Amazon 1 day deal I got this for £282.99 and for that price this TV has been well worth the money! I got the 39" but also available in 32", 42", and 50" ,2x HDMI, 1x USB, Built in Freeview HD, HD pictures are great and SD pictures are as expected, sturdy/ reliable stand, remote a good size and weight, 100Hz, A+ energy rating, V-Audio processing, sound quality is more than acceptable however if you like to hear deep bass then speakers/ soundbar is an easy option from AUX port, TV can be mounted on a wall if necessary. A definitely step up from previous 4 year old TV! At the price when I bought this TV it's a definite recommendation however at its current price I'm sure you wont be disappointed!
on 24 November 2014
The TV arrived with a dark shadow all along the right hand edge so is effectively damaged and had to be returned. The week spent with it was disappointing. The picture settings had to be heavily tweaked to get a decent looking picture but anything else like standard definition TV or DVD's still looks terrible. The processing modes don't seem to make any difference and the sound is pathetic. I know ultra slim TV's can't possibly give you decent sound but this is truly awful. Turning the bass right up and the treble right down helps but compared to my 32" CRT Panasonic that lasted 14 years, it's rubbish.

I've maybe been spoilt for quality because I've also got a 7 year old 42" Panasonic Plasma that never fails to look beautiful with any source and also has a very decent pair of speakers, probably because it's about 4 inches thick. It's a shame you can't get a fantastic quality simple TV without 3D or any SMART guff anymore and have to settle for cheap fragile tat.

I settled on a Sony Bravia KDL40W605 as a replacement and will be reviewing it when I get it this week.
77 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2014
Only get a clear picture when viewed from front. Also, difficult to view when room exposed to bright sunlight. Has fixed stand and therefore cannot be rotated. Otherwise, easy to set up and light to carry. Probably best position is fixed to wall where all viewing chairs are directly in front and room not brightly lit during the day.
on 25 April 2015
Very disappointed in this TV. I bought it for a replacement for my ageing Panasonic plasma TV bought 7 years ago. This new Panasonic has "candy" colours and reminds me of an Amstrad colour TV I bought in the 1970. Worse when the screen is completely white there are shadow like areas on the right hand side of the screen, obviously not properly lit. Very poor