Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£2.49

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 15 August 2014
Patrick Doyle and Mary O'Flanagan are teenagers in love, dreaming of a future together. However, this is Ireland in 1979, when strong family and religious influences were pervasive and any transgression dealt with harshly however traumatic. The hopes and desires of the youngsters are dashed by personal events, Patrick also bearing the consequences of a trumped up police charge, all leaving him physically and emotionally scarred. Jacqui Rose elaborates on these in detail before moving the action to present day London. Patrick is a marked man who has to keep ahead of ruthless pursuers as well as his own personal hellish problems. He is driven tirelessly in pursuit of vengeance.

This is an engaging read from Jacqui Rose. Suspense, intrigue and character interaction flow throughout the narrative. The plot line is cleverly established without any obvious giveaways. An enjoyable read.
on 16 January 2015
I have loved all of Jacqui Rose's books, and have always given 5 stars, but sadly this one has fallen a bit short.
The beginning of the story had me gripped and had me thinking that the story was going to stay within the era, but then it leapt forward up to the present day and this is where I started to get a little bored.

I found some of the story a bit "twee" at times, and to be totally honest I got fed up with reading how many of the characters were crying at any given time. It seemed that in every few pages, and in most chapters, someone had some tears forming, falling or they were on the verge of!
Its not like me as I love a good sob story ( which this book isn't) but this got on my nerves as It happened countless times. Sorry to be a little negative but I only wanted this review to be honest.
The main villain of the book came across as some kind of surreal superhuman too, so in all I didn' enjoy it as much as all the other books.
on 30 August 2014
I remember the first one I bought and could not put down and that has not stopped as I have gone on to read the rest of them. The story was gripping from beginning to end it had you guessing with every new chapter and still had you guessing again. I can not wait for the next one in 2015.
on 17 August 2014
could not put this book down, read it over 2 days. a great read for lovers of Martina Cole fans.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 August 2014
Ireland 1979 and Patrick Doyle and Mary O'Flanagan are teenage sweethearts hoping to one day get married. However ahead of them lies deceit and misery as lives are ruined, and when Patrick is punished for a crime he did not commit all that he has to look forward to is a miserable future.
The story moves forward to present day London where Patrick is not only fighting the demons from his past, but also trying to protect his loved ones as they attempt to survive in the heart of gangster land.
A compelling read which in my opinion is this author's best novel to date.
on 25 August 2014
Another great read from Jacqui. I like how characters from her other books are woven into the story. Read it in a couple of sittings as couldn't wait to see how this ended. Can't wait for the next one in 2015
on 30 August 2014
Could not put it down, you go through different emotions when reading this book from shock to elation at the end. I am a Martina Cole fan, and this is on the same level can't wait for the next one
on 7 May 2015
I didn't enjoy this book at all. I've read other books by Jacqui Rose and countless others of the same genre, but I found this one hard to finish. I hate giving up on a book so I persevered, sadly it didn't get any better. It was just miserable with no light and shade. The ending was predictable and I was left wishing I had given up & not wasted my time hoping it would improve. I don't think I'll be reading any more of her books.
on 12 February 2015
I have read most of this author's books and enjoyed them all but this one I found very disappointing and hard work. It didn't seem to flow and I struggled to latch on to a definite storyline. I found myself speed reading and skipping most of the last few chapters as they were quite boring. Hope this was just a one off as I always look forward to her new releases.
on 9 September 2014
brilliant read only managed to put it down to make a cuppa a few times. I love how characters from previous books are bought into the story as they're set in Soho too full of everything you want from a good read can't wait for her next release