on 5 June 2015
Great now cd! The best one ever.It's got all my favourite songs on it like timber by Pitbull ft.Ke$ha,Under control by Calvin Harris,of the night by Bastille,Word up! By little mix,Dark horse by Katy Perry and if I lose myself by obeRepublic but it's the alesso remix
on 10 April 2014
I always believe the first Cd they have on now that's what i call music's are very popular and often all of my favourites. However, the second cd is generally filled with a load of songs no one has heard of or ones that have done terrible in the charts.
I'd pay for the first CD on here but not the second.
on 28 July 2014
One of my favourite now cds, full of tunes to brighten up your mood, don't usually buy now cds as they are very expensive and i usually just search up my fav songs on youtube.However this was on offer and was well worth the while, I would definitely buy now 88 because the tracksa are very good!!!
on 10 April 2014
First things first this is a fantastic CD and is the latest installment of the popular series, however just like most CD's in the series loads of songs i was expecting are mysteriously absent, in fact there are so many you could make a 3rd CD from them
1. Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne - Rather Be - The only No. 1 since Now 86 not to make the cut which is a shame because i really like this song and much prefer it to CD 1 Track 2 'My Love' (Which also features Jess Glynne) such a shame it missed out and this album doesn't really feel 'complete' without it as it would have been perfect for this album.
2. Jason Derulo - Trumpets - How this song didn't make it baffles me so as we had his previous singles 'The Other Side' and 'Talk Dirty' on Now 85 and Now 86 and it performed just as well in the charts, this is also Jason's first top 10 single not to feature on a 'Now' album.
3. Aloe Blacc - The Man - Again Now fail to get the song that reached No. 1 the day before the UK release date of the album on a Now!, will surely make Now 88.
4. Zedd featuring Hayley Williams - Stay the Night - Another song i really expected to make it as it reached No. 2 in the charts but just didn't, and it's not as though they couldn't include Hayley Williams as she has already appeared twice before as a featured artist on Now 77 on B.o.B.'s single 'Airplanes' and as part of Paramore on the much more recent Now 85 with their song 'Still into You'. Maybe they just couldn't get the rights to Zedd?
5. Shakira feat. Rihanna - Can't Remember to Forget You - Another song you'd really expect to make it but didn't as both artists have appeared on Now albums before and it peaked at #11, only just outside the top 10.
6. will.i.am feat. Miley Cyrus and Wiz Khalifa - Feelin' Myself - well will.i.am's 6 album streak has come to an end after appearing on Now 81 with 'T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever), Now 82 with 'This is Love' Now 83 as a featured artist in the Script's single 'Hall of Fame', Now 84 with 'Scream and Shout', Now 85 with '#thatPower' and Now 86 with Bang Bang. Also found it really weird this song didn't make it as it did reach No. 2 in the UK Singles Chart a couple of months back.
7. David Guetta feat. Skylar Gray - Shot Me Down - Well David Guetta has to be one of Now's most appeared artists but he didn't make this one. Maybe it's because it featured Skylar Gray and i don't think she has ever appeared on a Now album before?
8. Breach feat. Andreya Triana - Everything You Never Had (We Had it All) - Peaked at #9 in the UK singles chart just like his previous single 'Jack' which appeared on Now 85 but didn't make it for some reason or other.
9. Kylie Minogue - Into the Blue - IMO, one of her better songs and i think it deserved to be on this album, such a shame it didn't make it, again Kylie Minogue is another of Now's most frequently appeared artists.
10. Lily Allen - Air Balloon - A top 10 hit from Lily Allen not on a Now album? Was really expecting this song to feature despite the fact it's not one of her finest efforts
11. Coldplay - Magic - Again another top 10 hit from Coldplay, (another artist who has appeared countless times in the series) not on this album, Now 88 maybe?
12. Flo Rida - How I Feel - Pretty much all of Flo Rida's top 10 singles have appareared on Now albums but why not this one?
13. Robbie Williams - Go Gentle - Peaked at #10 a few months back but Now do have a habbit of including songs that a few months older than the album itself, There are a few on here for example: 'Story of My Life', 'Let Me Go', 'move' and 'Of the Night'. but this one wasn't to be.
14. McFly - Love is on the Radio - Thought this song may have appeared as we did get 'Love Is Easy' on last springs album 'Now 84' and it's again another McFly hit that peaked just outside the top 5. Again this is one of few songs from McFly not to feature on a 'Now' album.
15. Christina Perri - Human - May appear on Now 88 we'll have to wait and see but was kind of expecting it to feature as 'Jar of Hearts' and 'A Thousand Years' appeared on Now albums 80 and 84.
That's all the songs we really quite easily could have had, the follwoing list of songs (Most of them peaking outside the top 10) could also have appeared on this album.
1. Arctic Monkeys - Why's You Only Call Me When Your'e High? - Peaked inside the top 10 3 places higher than 'Do I Wanna Know' and that song surprisingly appeared on Now 86 and remains the only song by them to appear on a Now album.
2. Awol-Nation - Sail
3. Jessie J - Thunder
4. Tinie Tempah feat. Labrinth - Lover Not a Fighter
5. Rizzle Kicks - Skip to the Good Bit
6. Imagine Dragons - Demons (peaked just 1 place lower than 'Radioactive' and that appeared on Now 85)
That's just about all the absenties i can think of right now, but 1 thing i have noticed is that Disc 2 features quite a few 'filler' tracks that i wasn't expecting:-
Example - Kids Again - It seems weird this song was included as it only peaked at #13 the same position as his previous single 'All the Wrong Places' and that song never made Now 86.
Tujamo & Plastik Funk featuring Sneakbo - Dr. Who! - One of the lowest charting tracks on the album failing to make the top 20!
Busta Rhymes featuring Q-Tip, Kanye West & Lil Wayne - Thank You - Wasn't expecting this song at all, and it failed to make the top 10.
John Newman - Out of My Head - Peaked at an appauling #91 and is the only song on the album to fail to make the top 40, just like Bruno Mars' 'Gorillia' on Now 86, definetly a filler track, no idea why they included it.
Sub Focus - Turn Back Time - Wasn't expecting this song as it's their first appearacne on a Now, and it is their joint highest single to date along with 'Endorphins' at #10 and that song didn't make a Now, so iwasn't expecting this song to, but somehow it's made it.
London Grammar - Hey Now - Why this song was included i have no idea as it only peaked at #37! Again we never got their most successful single 'Strong' on a Now album and that charted at a not great but much better #16. Just like 'Out of My Head' this song is definelty a filler track, and to add insult to injury it's not even that good a song.
It's just a shame to see all these fillers, as we could have easily replaced them with 4 tracks out of the 14 i mentioned (Rather Be and Trumpets spring to Mind) then this Now album would have been better, it just goes to show that Disc 1 boasts all the good songs with no 'Filler' tracks and every song had peaked inside the top 10, which is surely a first to have all top 10 hits on one disc for the Now series, but i suppose disc 2 has more songs which evens it out a little i suppose, but despite all the missing songs i was expecting this is a fantastic album believe me, definetly one of the strongest Spring Now's in recent years, it's definetly better than last spring's Now 84 and in my opinion that album was thouroughly average, but this one is brilliant, such a lot of good tunes on here.
Also if you like your Dance music, there is plently of it on this album (especially on Disc 2) but even if you do't really like Dance music i'm sure there's plenty of tunes to enjoy as it does have a whopping 46 tracks (joint highest with Now 76). So go on, buy this album 46 songs for just £12 isn't bad going to be fair ;)