Size: 0.9 m / 3 FeetPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

Sturdy cable that looks like it will survive many rounds of being plugged and unplugged. The plastic moulding looks decent and tough, and the connectors fit well. I use it on a USB 3 hub without any problems. It's good for the price. Comes in a simple brown cardboard box (None of that horrendous blister packaging!).
VINE VOICEon 9 September 2014
This is a good quality cable, as it is well made, has gold plated tips and works well where we have needed. A keenly priced cable, it has the nice touch of the Amazon logo – not over the top and adds to Amazon own branded range.

This is the perfect cable for connecting your digital cameras, card readers, USB hubs, etc. If you're looking for a longer cable to replace a proprietary one for your USB accessories using the mini-b connection, or need a good quality spare give these a shot.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
You would use this cable to connect a scanner or printer directly to your pc via usb. Having used Amazon Basic’s items before I can happily say they are anything but basic.

It comes shipped in Amazon’s frustration free packaging that is exactly that. There’s no fancy stuff here, just a neat brown box and a label. I wish more retailers would package their products this way.

The cable itself is very well constructed and feels premium in hand. The usb connectors are both solid and don’t feel as though the cable will break away after a few months use.

The connectors themselves are gold plated though I have never had any problem with regular ones, I assume these will be optimum for data transfer and last longer in terms of corrosion resistance before they fail..

USB the cable is backwards compatible with 2 and 1 etc and it had no problems at all with my scanner. The benefit of superspeed/usb 3 being that where supported you will get faster throughput such as an external hard drive caddy for instance you’d really see the benefit.

An exceptionally well built cable that performs as it should at a fair price.
on 15 September 2015
This is an unbiased review.

This is a superb cable some manufacturers offer a flimsy lightweight and often low quality cables. However Amazon basics is synonymous with quality and this is no exception.

The heads of the cables are firm thick plastic with absolutely no sign of warping and are so robust that I’m sure will last the test time.

The cable itself is clad in thick rubber which was not as flexible as some models does provide extra protection and robustness. As a further benefit of the cable is very unlikely to kink due to its thickness.

Where the cable meets the head there is a very secure joy of found that some cables come loose at this point whether this model shows no sign of this likely to happen.

I replaced an older model with this new cable and I have to say there are no more dropouts on my USB external drive thanks to this cable unable to get the highest amount of data throughput.

I would say that given the price there is nothing comparable for the type of quality you have here go ahead and buy one not be disappointed
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 10 September 2014
Perfectly functional 3ft long USB 3.0 A to B lead at a very affordable price. Not sure what difference the gold makes apart from it lasts longer and won't tarnish. I keep the cable to connect to a variety of different devices requiring a USB 3.0 B standard socket. Can't really say much more. Happy with purchase and it's a functional piece of kit.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Good quality, sturdy cable. The gold connectors have a snug fit between my printer and computer. 9ft length means plenty of room to position, move the printer and cable tie the excess off if in a fixed position. Much better than my old grey cable. It comes in a great quality, solid cardboard box so should arrive in pristine condition.
on 29 November 2014
On the strength of the reviews here I purchased this (9ft, 2.27m) to connect to an external hard drive. I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality. As others have said, this cable is quite thick, the connectors look fine and appear quite strong, I doubt they'll break anytime soon.

The most important thing though is what's the speed like? Some other USB cables on here have bad reviews because they are very slow. Using CrystalDiskMark with my ICYBox external HD the WD Green 2TB HDD shows a sequential read speed of 121.4MB/s and a write speed of 117.7MB/s. This compares very favourably with SATA 3.0 speeds for a WD Green HDD.

So I'm very happy with the speed achieved with this cable. Highly recommended. Next time I need a USB cable I'll definitely buy Amazon Basics.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 August 2014
There's nothing basic about this cable. It's a well made decent length cable (I got the 2.7m one) that delivers at a fraction of the price of one bought on the high street. I got it to replace an older cable that had developed a fault between my printer and PC and quite simply it works

It's backwards compatible with USB2 so even if you haven't got the latest equipment to connect at the moment it's future-proofed should you decide to upgrade in the future.

Amazon Basics have become by 'go to' supplier for most recent cable purchase as they provide good quality cables at a reasonable price

An added bonus, their frustration free packaging means no blister packs or wasteful packaging to dispose of as it comes coiled neatly in a small box that is easily disposed of in recycling.
on 17 October 2014
Well, what to's a USB cable. It works. The moulding and connectors are good quality, like all Amazon Basics cables I've tried. Easy to plug in (smooth finish) unlike the cheap poundland cables. Easy packaging too, of course, no messing about.
on 21 August 2015
After a nasty drive corruption on my external USB 3.0 Orico box I thought the drive had gone faulty. The SMART read errors were mounting daily and alarmingly. It finally came down to the cable and I ordered this "basic" cable which is actually pretty good quality. The daily errors ceased immediately. It's therefore worth making sure that any USB 3 cable you put before any HDD is of good quality and bear in mind that if you do get the read errors or corruption it could just be that. I am surprised that my cable just went duff overnight, it doesn't get moved or kicked or damaged where it is so it's a bit of a lesson for me.
Cable here is good and I've bought a USB 3 essential from their basic range before and was impressed enough to go for this.