Format: DVDChange

on 22 February 2014
Outnumbered is one of the warmest, funniest series ever to have appeared on British TV.
I understand that its amazingly brilliant writers, Andy and Guy, feel that it needs to end because the children are getting too grown up.

Andy, Guy, NO ! No ! No ! No !

This series is as wonderfully funny as any of the others, the obvious changes as the children get older only makes it FUNNIER.
The parents' reaction to the children's developing views about life are fantastically funny too, so PLEASE KEEP WRITING.

No apparently civilised society should have to survive without a noe series of Outnumbered to look forward to !

Therefore, to anyone who's missed any of the new episodes, and indeed to everyone else, BUY THIS DVD !
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 April 2014
A delightfully rounded end to an unmissable series. Lots of references to bits from the very first series. Family life as it really is, with all its joy and heartache. I find myself laughing to myself days after watching an episode, as little scenes and lines come back to mind. A joy that we now have on disc forever.
on 11 April 2014
If you watched any of the pervious series you are going to want to watch this one too. The cast does not disappoint. Love the family humor.
on 1 April 2014
It is so well written, and beautifully acted by everyone. I especially loved the scene with Karen and her Headmistress, Rebecca Front is wonderful, and Karen as always brilliant.
on 21 June 2014
Ever since I accidentally stumbled upon an episode of Outnumbered on my local PBS station, I have loved this show. Many episodes have not aired in the U.S., and the DVDs are not available here. I bought the entire series on Region 2 DVDs and hacked a DVD player just so I could watch them.

I was a little concerned that Series 5 might not be as good as previous ones. The kids are getting older and there has been some time between series.Turns out, the writing is as sharp as ever and the cast is amazing.This show is absolutely brilliant.

Although this is said to be the end of the series, I hope that we hear from the Brockmans again. Meanwhile, it is time to binge-view Series 1 - 5.
on 4 April 2014
Outnumbered Series 5 was good.I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase it on Amazon U.K. I'm from the United States and we only offer Outnumbered 1-4 .U just gotta get series 5 its really funny and i only hope they continue with more series for the future.thanks amazon
on 12 August 2014
Fantastic show, true to family life and the kids are older this series so even funnier!
on 14 October 2014
Best of the bunch here!!
the first few series are annoying because of the kiddies...
but as they grow up and stop remembering they are acting it gets better.
so this series is laugh out loud..
"im Sparticus!"
on 24 June 2014
That's simple - absolutely perfect ........... Possibly the - certainly one of the - most complete comedy series ever.

Writing, casting, directing, acting, production ..... faultless !

While appreciating the reasons for apparently ending the oh too short run of this gem of entertainment, I can't help wanting to see how the family "grows up" .............. Please ?

Ben in a work situation ?

Karen in a teenage relationship?

Jake working in a bank/rock band ?

Sue and Pete .................... well, just being an older Mum & Dad ?

Now that's a scarey thought !

Just wonderful.
on 8 June 2014
As I own and have loved the previous 4 series I purchased this one. The show is still funny and it's good to know that the standard hasn't slipped from the writers or the actors. If you love British humour you'll love this,