VINE VOICEon 22 March 2014
First off the system is excellent an improvement on the ps3,not just in power but the system seems cleaner and alot less cluttered.

The game is very good,but not a huge leap forward from the first 2 titles,the graphics are better,but the characters dont seem to develop as well as they did in the other games in the series,not saying they are bad just not as well done,some people have said there are some frame rate drops,but ive been in some massive battles with amazing neon powers in effect and havent noticed any at all,possibly the day one patch sorted out the problem.
also some complaints about the length of the game,if your someone who likes to rush through the story you will complete it in under 8 hours,but if your like me and prefer to clear entire areas and do all side missions this game has plenty to do and will likely double that and doing a second playthrough on the opposite alignment with further increase it.

Overall a great system,with a solid title to keep you playing for a good while
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 May 2014
So after buying a PS1 and PS2 I went for an xBox 360 in the last round of consoles. For some reason (maybe the complete proliferation of FPS on xBox, maybe the hope of a next gen Last of Us) I chose PS4 this time around. I also got Infamous Second Son as the package. I am very pleased so far.
The PS4 is a well designed console with little noise (oh the joy after an xBox). It was easy to set up and has great potential. The online experience is pretty good and the applications and utilities seem to work. There needs to be more of them. I also like the new Dualshock controller. Its got a nice feel to it and the touchpad seems to function well when game utilise it.

Infamous Second Son itself is better in reality than it looks to appear in video's I have seen. The graphics are good, gameplay is good with a decent learning curve. The cut sequences are well done. It does need a bit of shaking up every now and again as it can get repetitive. However, the experience of playing through doesn't take too long, its not exactly GTA5 in terms of scale. However, there is enough here to enjoy and the powers etc keep the game going.

As a package its one of the best games so far with the best console so far. Watch Dogs may have this beat but right now its a good purchase.
on 23 July 2015
What a great Console. I have had every Playstation console and have to say I am really impressed. I think it there is still room for improvement and look forward to some of the PS3's multimedia features slowly creeping into the console interface. Great games but awaiting for some more killer games to arrive. A true games machine however.
on 8 April 2014
As a PC gamer there was no need for me to buy a console but this was the first exclusive that I wanted to play. Here's my honest opinion.

Pros:
- Packaging is nice and well thought out and they also threw in a HDMI cable which is a nice touch
- After playing infamous it is safe to say the graphics are impressive for a console (a few prebaked shadows but nonetheless excellent detailing with brilliant anti-aliasing, high quality textures, awesome particle effects and shaders)
- Developers usually take at least 1-2 years to take full advantage of the power of a new console, if games look this good already they will only just get better and better
- The console and the controller have been designed to perfection. Not just in terms of looks but also hardware and ergonomics (the thin band of light on the ps4 gives it a stylish unique look without causing a distraction as it is not overly bright)
- Setup was extremely easy and only took a couple of minutes to get everything up and running.
- PS4 controller works with PC and PS3 (on the latter it only works whilst plugged in and doesn't work with every game but it is a good feature.
- Most PS3 peripherals will work with the PS4 (such as the Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel and many others)
- PS4 controller has headphone out and the lightbar is useful if you plan on buying a Playstation Eye later on
- Virtual reality headset is in development

Cons:
- Battery life on the controller is terrible (although you can now charge it if you put the ps4 in standby mode)
- Hardly any games at the moment (not really a con but it is slightly annoying to buy something this expensive and then have nothing to play on it)
- UI is slightly cluttered, although it organises most used apps at the front, it would be nice to have separate sections for games, music, etc
- Headset is uncomfortable and feels gimmicky

All in all I am content but I just wish there were more games to play on it! The future is looking very bright for PS4 owners.

Oh and by the way anyone that has Infamous: Second Son, make sure you play the Paper Trail bonus missions, it is the first game that I have seen to use this sort of gameplay and it is awesome. You have to hunt in the game for clues, and then log onto specific websites (yes actual websites) via your computer internet browser to continue investigations. I will give no spoilers but it is a very different experience and takes some brainpower to take the clues and apply them. Most people will probably turn to tutorials but I have managed to get to chapter 3 on my own.

Hope this review helps :)
on 30 August 2014
Right, first off, console-wise, everything is absolutely brilliant. The new dualshock controller is well designed, compact and fits easily into the hand. The cable used for recharging the controller could be a little longer and the touchpad a little more non-existent (because when has any good truly came from touchpad controls) but overall I was pretty satisfied.
The console's interface is simple and easy to use, if you've owned a ps3 beforehand you'll feel right at home. Loading times are quick, everything runs smoothly, and the package comes complete with something called a 'playroom', which requires an eyetoy to use. It's not very handy seeing as the package doesn't come with said eyetoy, but it's a nice gesture from Sony nonetheless.
The online is great, the only downside being that you have to pay for it this time, at least if you want to play multiplayer. I'll admit that this was initially a bit of a turn-off for me, but I soon warmed up to the idea seeing as paying for PS plus also allowed me access to several free-to-play online games including War Thunder and Blacklight: Retribution. Trust me, the service is well worth the £40 annual fee.
Overall it's a decent console and worth the asking price. Aside from a couple of very minor, dismissible niggles it's all I ever wanted. So why the four-star rating? Well...

Infamous Second Son isn't a bad game, by any stretch of the imagination. The combat is wonderfully fluid, the map is fun to explore and the story, while not all that inspired, is acceptable. However content wise this game is lacking. The side missions are all very similar and rarely go beyond "blow up that thing" or "Collect this thing", which is fine. Far Cry 3 did a similar thing, and I absolutely adored that game. The problem is that there's little challenge to it, and therefore you'll be speeding through it at a rapid pace. I cleared the entire map of side quests AND finished off the campaign in about 10-14 hours. Of course, you could go back and do it again with a different karma, but it basically boils down to doing it all over again with some slight variations in powers and story. Considering that there's no multiplayer, that's a pretty severe problem.
What's there is good, but sadly there's only a small amount. You'll play it for a couple of weeks and then never touch it again. It's a solid 3 star game, but not a console seller by any means.

Overall, this is a good product. The game isn't brilliant, but then again it isn't the star of the show. The Ps4 is a wonderful console and I'd fully recommend it to any gamer.
on 23 April 2014
I couldn't find any PS4's in all over Germany and I wanted to buy the console because I wanted to play Infamous Second Son. So this was actually the perfect bundle for me and I was not disappointed. The box was delivered within 3 days after my order.

The PS4 is for everyone who likes console games or games in general since with this piece of hardware you're not far from high-end PC's. And there's no hassle with installing drivers, compatibility issues and what not.
on 20 May 2015
PS4TW!!!!!!

What can i say, its the PS4, its awsome! Second Son is also a very good game, it's over quicker than you';d want it to be but there are other missions you can do once you have completed it and other iterations of the game available via PSN.
on 6 August 2014
Great PlayStation, fantatsic system for the PS lovers. Far greater than the PS3 layout with loads of new features and you get a free headset with the PS4, although I know you can use any earphones on the controller that have an in-line microphone. ANd InFamous Second Sun is a fantastic game with brilliant graphics.
on 11 February 2015
great console, however what I'm extremely happy with is amazons exchange policy. I brought this console with infamous on release date of infamous and it was excellent until just over a month later the fans decided to constantly run at full speed making it sound like a jet. However amazons amazing customer service sent out a new one which I received the following day and gave me a pre paid label to return it. New ones going strong over 6 months later. Very happy.
on 11 May 2014
I've been meaning to get a PS4 for awhile now and I couldn't wait any longer haha.

The size is very nice and is able to fit perfectly in my shelf. The controller has a very nice look to it, the battery life is longer than the console's predecessor's controller and I like the little touch pad in the middle. The headset sadly is not good; I am not a fan of head phones that go right in the ear, so will be ordering a better one. And setting the console up was no hassle and was very easy.

All in all I am very happy with the PS4, now for the game that came with it; Infamous Second Son is a blast. When I completed Infamous 2 I knew Second Son was the choice from the get go. Everything about it is fantastic; the graphics are stunning, the gameplay is similar to previous entries which made it easier, the story apparently was criticized by critics but people who have played the previous games will understand the story. The main protagonist Delsin Rowe is well developed in my opinion and is voiced by Troy Baker and I am a fan of his voice work. The game is open world (open city to correct it lol) which you can either fast travel or just run/climb around the city. There is no co-op only single player which suits me fine.

I will end this by putting that both products do not disappoint. Sony and Suckerpunch have done an amazing job with these products. I look so forward to the next PS4 game I buy. Also look very forward to the next Infamous entry.