on 27 December 2014
Gave to my son for Christmas, he loved it and it is easy to transform but like another reviewer has mentioned, one of the wheels came off within 10 minutes of him playing with it and I can't get it to stay back on which is very disappointing. I fear it won't be long before the others come off too which isn't good enough considering the price of this product. And yes rather than being yellow like Bumble Bee should be, he is distinctly orange!!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 1 September 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I will admit that I am a sucker for Transformers – I wasn’t born when they first came out and by the time I was old enough my father made it clear that he didn’t approve of these “creatures” that could change into other things – they had to be some kind of “witchcraft”. The thing is he wasn’t a religious man but anything that he could cast into a garden bonfire while ranting about the evils of witchcraft would be removed from the house and incinerated. To be quite honest he never really approved of anything.

This is an enormous autobot “Bumble Bee” Transformer. Bee stands at (approximately) 26.5 cm from toes to top of head and about 25 cm long as the car. As the Transformer he can fire discs from his hand to ward off any Deceptacons.

The yellow Bee Camaro sports car is stunning - a true master piece of the Transformer art.

Bee is easy to manipulate from Transformer to Camaro and back – some of the past releases from Hasbro have taken hours for us adults to change the Transformer to vehicle and/or back. Especially bad were the figures which you built and then tried to transform – Soundwave stands out as one of the worst but the whole series were bad.

This Transformer is simple to change.

Put the arms in the “muscle man” pose (as it comes in the box) and holding the torso (for stability) move the leg (his right according to the instructions thought to be honest I can’t see a problem is you want to move his left leg instead) round over the body to the leg on the other side and click into place. The last bit may require some adult help as the final clicks require quite a bit of pressure.

I am really impressed by this Transformer it is one of the best we own.
22 comments31 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2014
Great toy kids love it. Only downside it's a bit fiddly to put back into the car. Would recommend.
on 26 November 2015
Unfortunately I cannot give this a good review. My 4 year old son has had it for 2 days (as a Birthday present) and like another reviewer has mentioned - Both the rear wheels have come off. I have looked at the fitting, and the lugs don't seem to be sufficient and wear with pushing it around.

If it wasn't for this major design issue, it would be good value at £19.99 including postage. As mentioned by others, it is more of an orange colour but my son didn't mind so much. He also has struggled to close it, but making sure the arms are the correct way around and the legs are closed 75% of the way is the trick.

To summarise, it looks good because it's big but I wouldn't recommend this due to the wheel design.
VINE VOICEon 1 September 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We've bought a few transformer toys for my son and they've always been far too complicated for him (and us!) to transform. This one is very cleverly put together and transforms in one simple move. It needs some strong fingers to lock it into the car position, but otherwise can easily be manipulated by a child.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2016
I bought this for my godson for Christmas. He was so excited when he opened the present and it was immediately his absolutely favourite toy. However within minutes (as other reviewers have mentioned) one of the wheels fell off. He didn't drop it or treat it roughly, it just came off so I don't think it was ever fixed on properly.

Amazon were fantastic and sent a replacement within a couple of days (despite it being over Christmas). He took the new one out of the packet and the arm fell straight off. He was so disappointed and wanted to keep the Transformer even with the broken arm. If it was unbroken it'd be a great toy as when it transforms from a robot to a car it's brilliant.

In the end we bought a Morphibian Lobster instead (remote control car that goes in water). So the story had a happy ending as he loved that too. All in all, great service from Amazon and a very clever transforming toy, just really badly let down by the build quality. If we could have had one that was properly made it would have been 5 stars.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2015
Very cheap looking plastic for the price. Its also really hard to transform from robot to car and vise versa you have to line up all the arms and legs perfectly. I bought it because on the tv advert it looked really easy for small children to convert, my 5 year old struggles and we have to do it. Its certainly not 'one step' like on the advert
on 15 September 2015
This is the second one I have had to order for my grandson's birthday -the first lasted only a week and the wheel dropped off but unfortunately we were out of the return date policy. This one has done the exact same thing so now I want my money back. Totally disappointed little grandson and not a happy grandmother either!!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This toy has proved at hit at home. It is nice and chunky and colour so good for little hands and it is very easy to transform.

Perfect for a young transformers fan.
on 16 January 2016
My boy loves bumble bee, and yes, this has lasted longer than I thought it would. The plastic feels a bit flimsy, it took a while to figure out how to change bumble bee into the car, needed to do it a few times then it became a bit easier, but as I suspected, the force required to transform him, did mean the toy has broken a bit, it transforms still, but a part has broken off. Doesn't seem to stop my boy still enjoying the toy though.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse