4.4 out of 5 stars2,201
Colour: SlateChange

on 14 November 2013
First of all: TAKE THE PROTECTIVE COVER OFF, PEOPLE. The clear back looks scratched and dinged when it arrives, and some reviewers were confused by this. But just peel off the protective cover on the inside and outside. It's a bit tricky, but once you get it, you have a beautiful clear plastic back.

As far as I can tell, this appears to be the best price out there for an iPhone 5/5s case that is (1) sturdy; (2) attractive; (3) not bulky; and (4) has good grip. It's a nice tough rubber edge, with a 1-2mm lip on the face so that you can safely place the phone screen-down. The back plastic feels tough too. Reviewers of the same model in other colors assure us that they have smashed it on cement without the phone breaking. However, it's still a pretty-looking case, and very functional. The power and volume buttons work great, and there's no problem accessing the headphone jack. It's surprisingly thin for how sturdy it feels. Much sleeker than an iPhone 4, and MUCH sleeker than an Otterbox case, which makes it feel like a brick. The grip is just perfect -- slips easily in and out of my pocket, but still feels much more grippy and safe than the iPhone without the case.

For some reason, the clear-back model costs less than others of the same thing with a colored back. No-brainer as far as I'm concerned, as I like the look of the natural back of the iPhone 5s. This is the perfect case for it.
44 comments356 of 378 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2014
I've had this case in MINT for around a month now and cannot fault the protection it gives your phone, it's great. However just like most bumper style cases the mint bumper is filthy. I've only handled and kept his case in my handbag and it's looking very grubby now. Wouldn't suggest mint if you're someone who likes to keep things looking new. Eg Dye from jeans will definitely stain the case and does not wash off!
review image review image
0Comment29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2014
I bought this for my boyfriend as a birthday present and he loves the case (bit fussy when it comes to who buys what for him and at what price.) He wanted to spend around £40 for a case, for quality's sake, but for the price asked for this, I think it tops any iPhone case sold at Apple. He says the plastic frame is comfortable and easy to handle. He likes the square buttons for volume control and has no trouble in using them and didn't realise that the plastic backing had TWO film protectors. He's someone who doesn't manhandle his phone, so I think this phone is adequate for him. I didn't give it a 5 star because of only one screen protector provided. The quality of the screen provided is very good, but on his first try he caught dust on the sticky side so couldn't use it after. I think if they had some cheap ones in the package to help practice with, I would have given it a 5 star.

The delivery was very good and I'm happy I made this purchase, I feel like this one should last him a long time.
on 17 February 2014
As a seasoned smartphone user, I have owned a number of cases including all the top brands (inCase, Belkin). This is a high quality hybrid case that has been manufactured with high tolerances (meaning precise fit, high quality control) that exceeded my expectations given the price.

If you are looking for a clear case that protects your device without adding undue bulk, I think you will find it very hard to buy better. The pack also comes with clear screen protector.

One point of clarificaiton for users who are unsure - they "Hybrid" feature refers to the fact that this is a "hard" plastic case that is also "flexible" along key seam points. It is therefore easy to get your phone in an out but provides a very solid, hard, yet slim layer of protection once on.
on 15 January 2014
I did a huge amount of research but couldn't find exactly what I wanted so purchased this to do in the meantime. I have a 2 and a 4 year old so need something to withstand the abuse my phone can be given. I also want my phone to keep the great look Apple gave it and importantly it can't slip out of my hand as I use the camera all day, often with a child hanging onto me or in my arms. This is perfect and I don't need to purchase anything else. I can't comment on how long it'll last but it fits snugly, looks great, feels secure in my hand and when I put it down, goes in and out of my pocket well and all the buttons are accessible. I haven't used the screen protector but the screen is pretty protected with the raised front and it has the same at the back too so the back cover won't get as scratched as it has a tiny raise section on each corner. I would highly recommend this and my husband is going to replace his with the black version as he finds his current case too slippery in his hand.
on 27 September 2015
It is often difficult to judge phone cases from pictures and I have tried numerous cases which for one reason or another have not been right.

This however is the first case I have liked and that has not joined the rest in a drawer.

Unlike some other cases the rubber around the outside covers the whole of the phone.
The only exceptions being the mute switch and the speaker, microphone and ports on the bottom.

The cover extends over the volume buttons and power switch. There is sufficient give in the rubber over the buttons not to affect the responsiveness.

The rubber is soft and as such softens the impact if dropped.

The plastic on the back leaves space for the camera whilst protecting the rest.

This is a good product with a quality feel. Whilst ther may be cheaper covers you do end up getting what you pay for. With this you get good protection without compromising the functions on the phone.
on 5 July 2015
The Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case Is The Thinnest,Clearest And Most Protective Case Ive Seen.

Starting with the box,it came nicely packaged and presented.Inside you get Spigens Ultra Clear screen protector which is one of the best screen protectors you can get for your phone,you also get the case and something different also came so you can customise that clear back is 2 picture cards that stick on your iPhone and if you don’t want to look at your iPhones back then you can add one of them on the back and have a totally different case,really cool,and there is instructions to make your own one as well,really clever design by Spigen.Now to the case,i really like the design of the case,it still has the tough armor sides that add lots of protection and that Air Cushion Technology,which works a treat,theres a difference with and without this feature,with it the phone bounces on the floor and you can barely hear the drop,without it the phone drops and you can hear how hard it hit on the corner.Now for the back of this case,that crystal clear back is awesome,its hard to scratch at 3H hardness and it makes it look like there is no case on the phone but while it adds protection,and as mentioned before you can add themes to the back.On the back there is 4 feet so if you put down the phone it will not scratch the backing and also gives it some cushion on the back for drops.The buttons are really easy to press with this case,Overall i love this case,it adds lots of protection while giving a nice thin and beautiful design,i love it.

Check Out My Video:
review image
on 14 January 2014
Got this case as I didn't want to purchase any other bulky awful thing, thus aiming to keep my mobile safe while appreciating its beautiful appearance. As stated in the description, the box contains both the crystal clear case and the screen protector + free graphics (unnecessary in my view as you're supposed to get this transparent case to show off your iPhone). The screen protector was easy to set up, left no bubbles at all (of course a previous and meticulous clean up is required) and it is not noticeable at all if properly placed. The borders are plastic-like, with a proper lightning and earphone connectors access. It is surprisingly thin, yet it feels like a good quality product in the hand. Fortunately, I haven't had any drop so far, so cannot give my opinion on the effectiveness of the air cushion technology. Summing up, I'd strongly recommend its purchase if looking for a transparent, yet good quality case.
on 31 January 2015
bought two of these, one in grey and the other in mint. The mint one is really easy to get dirt...
review image
on 9 January 2014
My iPhone 5 is always in a case. From new it lived in a new case with side bumpers. After one year the glue failed and the side bumpers fell off. Attempts to glue them back on failed so I looked at transparent cases from Spigen, Terrapin and Case Buddy. The Spigen case is well made, protrudes enough to protect the phone when face down and is crystal clear once you remove the two sheets of protective film. I didn't apply the screen protector film as I really don't like these.

Everything was going well, and i was feeling pleased until I placed the phone in my Belkin dock. I realise that my broken bumper case was totally open at top and bottom and fitted my dock. In the new Spigen case, my phone does not charge as it is held too high off the lightning connector. As it happens I have another dock from Belkin, with a wheel to raise and lower the lightning connector. It does not connect in their either as the hole for the lightning connector is much narrower than the shoulder the connector sits on. The other two cases I mentioned will have the same problem.

In summary a great case but you many not be able to charge your phone on a dock.