Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

The Compilation harbours so many of the best known 'Lady's' of the 70's era along with
many, many favourite tracks that they sung.
Ok, there will always be some 'great-names' missing from a collection such as this, also
you might well have preferred a different number from one or two of the artist on board,
just as an example, I myself can only remember 'Fox' charting with two great numbers
'S-S-Single-Bed' and 'Only You Can' what is included is 'imagine me imagine you'
I do vaguely remember that one, however I'm sure the other songs mentioned were
probably bigger hits for them.
There are so many great memories on board, have to say it's one of my favourite
compilation albums of recent times, and there really have been one or two great
releases.
As usual i'll highlight a selection of the great tracks from each of the three discs, .......
on disc one...'Chaka Khan' --'I'm Every Woman'...'Donna Summer' --'Love's Unkind'...
'Gloria Gaynor' --'I Will Survive'...'Chic' --'Le Freak'...'Linda Lewis' --'It's in his Kiss'
'Deniece Williams' --'Free'...and....'Minnie Ripperton' --'Lovin' You'.....just one or twio
of the many great numbers to cherish on disc one........on disc two...'Carly Simon' --
'Your So Vain'...'Gladys Knight and the Pips' --'Midnight Train To Georgia'...'Judy
Collins' --'Both Sides of Now'...'Melanie' --'Ruby Tuesday' (love her rendering of this
'Stones' classic')....'Kate Bush' --'The Man With the Child in His Eyes'....'Mary MacGregor'
--'Torn Between Two Lovers'...'Elkie Brooks' --'Pearl's a Singer'...and...'Tammy Wynette'
--'Stand by your Man'....again just highlighting one or two of the memorable tracks on
disc two....on disc three...'Baccara' --'Yes Sir I can Boogie'...'Tina Charles' --'I Love to Love'
'Suzi Quatro' --'Can the Can'...'The Supremes' --'Nathan Jones'...'Helen Reddy' --'Angie
Baby'...'Shirley Bassey' --'Something'....and...'Julie Covington' --'Don't Cry for Me Argentina'
...just a selection of the great sounds to enjoy on disc three.
I've only pinpointed a random selection of the truly great array of memories included on
this three disc compilation.
Must admit I've been looking forward to this release, it truly is a great section of many of the
great 'Lady's' we used to listen to back then............check it out, I don't think it will disappoint.
44 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2014
This Cd arrived on time and was well packaged. This singers with their songs will bring memories of the 70's back - my childhood days.

I would recommend this to anyone how remembers the 70's.
on 27 January 2014
So so many old classics on here that I haven't heard in years. Aretha Franklin, Clout, Freda Payne, Baccara, The Pointer Sisters, Melanie, Blondie... SUCH a good listen. Pop music at its peak!
on 7 February 2014
Love most of the songs and singers. The singers that stand out for me are, Aretha Franklin, Chaka Kahn. Gloria Gaynor. Elkie Brooks, Pointer Sisters, Gladys Knight.
on 21 March 2014
Fantastic cd of all the best female artists of the 1970's. Some great tracks on here!! Highly recommended. A must for 70's fans!
on 28 January 2014
After so many 60's divas collections it's good to finally see a compilation of the 70's ladies, especially as it seemed even harder to get a hit in such a male dominated chart era. The disco queens are particularly well represented here - mostly with stuff we've probably all got on other compilations but still good to have altogether on here. Good left of centre choices are what really makes a great collection though and Janis Ian, Fox, Janis Joplin and The Honey Cones are good additions. Hopefully Vol.2 will feature some of the obvious omissions (where are Lynsey de Paul, Olivia Newton John, Kiki Dee.?) Nice nostalgic collection though.
on 30 March 2014
I absolutely love the album. It brings back so many memories. It contains top quality sound tracks by many of the
greatest female musicians in modern times. Absolutely enjoyable to listen to via a reasonably good sound system.
Well worth the money especially with the added bonus of the MP3 download version inclusive.
on 8 March 2014
This is a must for all you teenage disco goers of the 70's. I love these discs and I use them in my 'walkman' when I'm cleaning my customers' homes. CD no.3 is my firm favourite though and I predict that if it was put on at a party, all of you fifty plus music lovers out there would be up boogieing with the rest of them!

Happy, bouncy music to lift your spirits! They don't make them like this anymore!

Highly recommend - great compilation, great tracks of all time classic disco music and some long forgotten ballads. A must!
on 4 March 2014
As expected this is a fantastic 3CD album. The problem is with Amazon's promise of a free mp3 rip of the product for the kindle fire hd. No matter how hard you try it is just impossible to down load the mp3 version to the kindle and the Amazon help line is next to useless offering no help at all. In the end I have had to down load it to my laptop and then side load it on to the kindle.
Amazon and I doubt that you read this but for the first time I am disappointed in your service.
on 2 June 2015
Really good CD, you do get some tracks which are not the best (like on every cd). But, to say I wasn't born in this era, but a big fan of 70s music, I was able to discover tracks I have never heard before.