Colour: PinkChange

on 13 September 2014
I wish I had bought this when pregnant and preparing for the baby! As a first-time expectant mum, you are bombarded with products to buy and it all gets a bit mind boggling, you never really know what to get.

I started out with a baby bath built-in to our changing table, trouble is that we found it awkward to bathe our newborn, it ended up always being a two-person job with myself and my partner trying to wrangle with a slippery baby, so scared of dropping her. Bathing our daughter was never a pleasant experience, so much work filling up the bath with a bowl, loads of trips to and from bathroom/nursery to fill/empty bowl, etc. etc. Most importantly, our daughter always cried during a bath, probably feeling insecure in our arms and sensing our fear of dropping her!

I bought this recently, at my wits end really as bathing your baby, you are told by the books and websites, is supposed to be a positive, bonding experience and relaxing for the baby. I never felt ours were so, for under twenty quid, thought I would give this bath support a whirl.

It's been brilliant! My daughter really enjoys her baths now and sleeps almost through the night after one at less than 10 weeks old with no more tears. She is well supported, comfortable with the flexible mesh and the support warms up with the water so no bums on cold, hard plastic. It's easy to clean and you can hang it to dry/keep it out of the way as it has a hanging loop. Also, most importantly, I feel confident to bathe her alone without help ... and no more time wasted filling and emptying a baby bath! Much more convenient with smiles all round in our household!

So expectant mums confused of just what to buy (or new mums that are having the same problems with baby baths as I did) - buy this! You will find it indispensable.
0Comment48 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2014
I used it with my daughter since she was born so i could put her directly in our tub instead of buying a baby tub.
I like the material and the fact that the mesh is not hard so she can sits comfortably
on 17 June 2014
Makes life so much easier and safer, very happy with my product.
I would recommend it to all my friends
on 4 March 2015
Perfect - no need for a heavy large baby bath with this. My baby girl loves it.
on 28 January 2016
We bought this seat for my 4month old as he is getting a bit to big for his baby bath. It looks alot lower and more laid back in the pictures than it actually is. We need to fill the bath to almost where an adult would bath in just to cover his waist.

As we are on a water meter and we bath him every night, this is not a good seat for regular use unless you dont mind running a full bath every night.

Also as i mentioned earlier the pictures apear to have your child lay back quite a way more than they actually are. I believe this is some camera trickery as he sits up noticeably more than the picture on the box. This only means more water is needed to cover him enough for a good bath.

It does support them well while they are seated which is a bonus but we only used it a handful of times before my missus ordered another different one from asda.
on 17 January 2015
Brilliant item for keeping your hands free while your little one is safe in the bath as they are well supported and cannot skip off. Only down side is you have to fill the bath quite abit as the item has a high base and if you don't there's not enough to wash your baby well and keep them warm whilst in there.
on 31 January 2016
My baby adores his bath time, since we got this. It's taught him to kick, he kicks when he's excited, hates sitting down, much prefers to stand on my lap, so this is really good as it allows his little legs to kick freely & straight ahead of him. But as he gets older (now 4 months), his kicks are getting stronger & he's going to bounce right out of this thing!

He has a blast though. You've got to keep a close eye on them anyway, but keep in mind the more water you put in the easier they'll bounce out of it.

Also, I find it best to put the water in before the chair, as hot water can pool in the middle of it.

I bought the pink one as it was a bit cheaper than the blue! No gender stereotyping in this house :)
on 17 February 2014
I bought this for my new granddaughter and now she feels secure in hers bath and loves it so much she doesn't want to get out.
on 12 March 2015
bought this baby because i found the regular baths a pain, with this bath my son can just lie down when being washed rather than holding him up to support him. much easier
on 9 January 2016
Unchangeable thing for bathing a newborn. Well you fill nearly half of bath, but you don't have to worry about holding your child in the arms and bath her. My little one is 5.5 months old and we still using it. The middle of it is from soft plastic so the child sits in it comfortable. And the water can go trough it. My child really enjoys bath time so I really pleased with product and quality of it. Its worth consideration of buying it.