on 25 April 2015
Ordered on 22nd April arrived 24th April. No problems with delivery then. :-)
Was slightly amazed at the size. Was expecting a dinky little pot but 1.8ltres doesn't mean a great deal to me being an ol' fashioned gal. This was very large by my standards. (Bigger than a large Prestige Pressure cooker) For a family it would be good but for two it would, I feel, be a tad too big. So I cooked a batch and froze it in portions.
Comes with instruction book, small measuring cup and a spiffy little ......spoon (!!!)
Please note the list/table for measurements in the instruction book is not accurate. I used 2 cups of dry rice and you definitely need more than 2 cups of water or it will boil dry. The usual amount is twice water to rice and I went with that.
Operating is very simple. Came to boil very quickly and took around half an hour to cook.
The biggest DOWNER is it makes one HELLUVA mess whilst its cooking. I guess that might well put you off buying it. I don't know if its a design fault or what. I'd be interested to see other cookers to see how much mess they create. After it had finished it was a big clean up job all round. The cooker itself is very easy to clean so no problem there (tho the rice had stuck a bit to the bottom) but the area in my kitchen around where I cooked it needed a total wash down. Just as well I will only be doing one batch now and again.....!!!
I got this because I have a habit of putting rice on to cook and going into another room and forgetting about it. (After 40yrs husband is superb at cleaning burnt saucepans...!!!) With this you can leave it and it turns itself off and just steams away keeping rice hot..... apparently....
Id go with an EXTRA cup of water next time tho to maybe prevent the sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2 cups of dry rice with 4-5 cups of water yields 700g or cooked rice. I portioned them up into 100g so a quick thaw and its ready to go.
Don't know that I'd recommend it on account of the awful mess it made but the rice was tickety boo and tho I have yet to trust it to turn itself off it will certainly be okay for my dearly beloved and me.
on 27 August 2015
I gave it to my niece as a present and her feedback is not very positive. The steam is coming out everywhere and therefore creates a lot of mess in the kitchen. It also expels like a burning odour that she has to keep an eye on it all the time while cooking. We can conclude that it's poorly manufactured but hey, you only get what you pay! The rice is properly cooked though and she will put up with it until she can afford to buy a new one.
on 2 July 2015
Very simple to use rice cooker. I've only used it cooking portion for 1 person at a time so far, so I can confirm there is no issue just making rice for one with this.
People will say "I don't need a rice cooker, I can cook it fine on the hob". I will reply by asking if they grill their bread or do they use a toaster. Rice cooker is the best kitchen aid I've bought, so useful, perfect rice everytime and this Quest one come recommended by me
on 28 June 2015
Feels like the cheaper option that it is. The water quantities it recommends aren't accurate and we had to fiddle around with them to get things right. Having said all that, once we got the hang of it, the rice we get is perfectly cooked. I guess the question is; how long will it last?
on 22 September 2015
Very disappointing
If you put in the amount of water specified by the instructions the rice just burns/sticks to the bottom and isn't fluffy
If you put in more water then it just starts boiling over and spitting everywhere
on 4 November 2015
Handy handy handy. Works like a proper rice-cooker should, set it and done, rice is ready when it's ready. Size is great and works well even down to a single cup.
on 19 October 2014
Good value and does the job. Simple to use
on 30 July 2014
Value for money does what is says
on 25 January 2015
Bit apprehensive and deliberated about this and the Russell Hobbs for ages but glad I went for the Quest in the end - quite basic but simple to use, robust and gets the job done!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2015
Used a few times already, and works well, good size. I use a little less water than suggested, but leave to steam for the full recommend time. Brilliant at making sticky rice
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse