Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Non-stick bowl|Change

on 25 April 2015
Ordered on 22nd April arrived 24th April. No problems with delivery then. :-)
Was slightly amazed at the size. Was expecting a dinky little pot but 1.8ltres doesn't mean a great deal to me being an ol' fashioned gal. This was very large by my standards. (Bigger than a large Prestige Pressure cooker) For a family it would be good but for two it would, I feel, be a tad too big. So I cooked a batch and froze it in portions.
Comes with instruction book, small measuring cup and a spiffy little ......spoon (!!!)
Please note the list/table for measurements in the instruction book is not accurate. I used 2 cups of dry rice and you definitely need more than 2 cups of water or it will boil dry. The usual amount is twice water to rice and I went with that.
Operating is very simple. Came to boil very quickly and took around half an hour to cook.
The biggest DOWNER is it makes one HELLUVA mess whilst its cooking. I guess that might well put you off buying it. I don't know if its a design fault or what. I'd be interested to see other cookers to see how much mess they create. After it had finished it was a big clean up job all round. The cooker itself is very easy to clean so no problem there (tho the rice had stuck a bit to the bottom) but the area in my kitchen around where I cooked it needed a total wash down. Just as well I will only be doing one batch now and again.....!!!
I got this because I have a habit of putting rice on to cook and going into another room and forgetting about it. (After 40yrs husband is superb at cleaning burnt saucepans...!!!) With this you can leave it and it turns itself off and just steams away keeping rice hot..... apparently....
Id go with an EXTRA cup of water next time tho to maybe prevent the sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2 cups of dry rice with 4-5 cups of water yields 700g or cooked rice. I portioned them up into 100g so a quick thaw and its ready to go.
Don't know that I'd recommend it on account of the awful mess it made but the rice was tickety boo and tho I have yet to trust it to turn itself off it will certainly be okay for my dearly beloved and me.
on 27 August 2015
I gave it to my niece as a present and her feedback is not very positive. The steam is coming out everywhere and therefore creates a lot of mess in the kitchen. It also expels like a burning odour that she has to keep an eye on it all the time while cooking. We can conclude that it's poorly manufactured but hey, you only get what you pay! The rice is properly cooked though and she will put up with it until she can afford to buy a new one.
on 5 June 2016
In December 2015 and January 2016 I bought 3 of the rice cookers for me and my Thai friends. Within 6 months they are all broken and it is not the fuse in the plug.

Usage:
We used it nearly daily but that is why you have a rice cooker isn't it? But within 6 months broken. 6 Months for a rice cooker is way too short this item should at least last for 2 to 3 years or even longer. Just heating water, cooking rice that is it.

Recommendation
I only can say go for another product finding a better rice cooker, that is what I would recommend. I have my own website on products and will do exactly the same there. The Quest Rice Cooker 1.8 Litre, 700 Watt is rubbish.
on 28 June 2015
Feels like the cheaper option that it is. The water quantities it recommends aren't accurate and we had to fiddle around with them to get things right. Having said all that, once we got the hang of it, the rice we get is perfectly cooked. I guess the question is; how long will it last?
on 2 July 2015
Very simple to use rice cooker. I've only used it cooking portion for 1 person at a time so far, so I can confirm there is no issue just making rice for one with this.
People will say "I don't need a rice cooker, I can cook it fine on the hob". I will reply by asking if they grill their bread or do they use a toaster. Rice cooker is the best kitchen aid I've bought, so useful, perfect rice everytime and this Quest one come recommended by me
on 18 May 2016
This rice cooker replaced a 1.5L and reflects the bigger size of 1.8L. Simple functions, no gimmicks and cooks rice quickly. The rice lid has a steam vent and there is a warm function. Point to note there is an on/off button on the side of the cooker and a detachable power lead. I won't give 5 stars until I am 100% satisfied and will get full marks if reliable. Unbiased review.
on 22 September 2015
Very disappointing
If you put in the amount of water specified by the instructions the rice just burns/sticks to the bottom and isn't fluffy
If you put in more water then it just starts boiling over and spitting everywhere
on 12 July 2016
Really useful for cooking rice! However would be slightly better if if would let me know when the rice was ready with some kind of alarm, rather than just switching to warm when done. Switching to warm is useful, but at the end of the day can still cause the rice to burn.
on 12 February 2016
Very unhappy with this item as I only used a couple of times and is aready damaged and not working! It looks like it overheated as it caused a smoky smell in the whole house so obviously had an electrical fault. Had it only a month & the return/refund deadline had just run out!
on 19 October 2014
Good value and does the job. Simple to use