on 1 September 2015
I bought this for going on a trip where there were several people and only one socket for charging. I kept my smart phone (which needs charging every day) and my camera charged for the whole weekend. I think I can get about 5 full iPhone charges out of this pack.

I thought the torch LED on it was a bit of a gimmick before I bought it but soon found it to be useful when delving around in a bag for cables in a tent or boat; a double press of the power button toggles it on and off. The torch is not bright compared with the one on the iPhone but it's adequate.

A note on the power button: it is quite small and slightly recessed to prevent accidental presses and, especially as the unit feels completely symmetrical, I end up turning it round a couple of times in my hand to find the switch and turn the torch on. If you're using it to turn on the torch, the chances are it's dark so you have to do it by feel. This is a minor thing, though; I bought it for the battery store feature, not for being a torch and it's excellent for its primary purpose. It's just that the torch turned out to be more useful than I anticipated.

I have now been using it for a month on camping, driving and boating trips. I can slip it into my back pocket and connect it to my phone while I'm moving around and still use my phone while it's charging.

It seems beautifully made - the black aluminium case has a real quality feel to it - I'd say it feels slim but rugged. The power pack switches itself on and off when it detects that you have connected or disconnected something from it although sometimes it detects the cable connecting to it even if there is no phone attached (some cables have a simple detection circuit).

Also it switches itself off when your device is no longer connected or stops charging which is sensible. The one very minor drawback is that I have plugged in my phone (already 70% charged but switched on) at 10pm and gone to sleep. When I woke in the morning I found that the phone had become fully charged during the night, the pack switched off as designed and my phone kept running and so was back down to 65-70% again by morning. In this respect it is different to a mains charger. If you want to wake up with your device fully charged, make sure that you turn it off after connecting it to the power pack. (The iPhone turns itself ON after you connect it to a charger so you need to connect first and then switch the phone off). I would rather have it this way round because it means that the charger isn't flattening itself topping up a phone that is switched on but not being used.

The small 4 white LED power indicator is intuitive but at night I have sometimes found I had to turn the unit over so that it isn't too bright.

It seems to hold its charge quite well when you don't use it for a week or two. I haven't tried it for longer.

Charging works flawlessly - this is the whole purpose of the unit
Well made
Easy to use
Torch surprisingly useful
Good value

Stops charging when your device is full - you need to make sure your device is switched off otherwise it begins to discharge again once the charging has finished. Simple if you know in advance.f.
Some USB cables cause the power pack to turn on even with no device attached.

It can be a bit fiddly to find the power button (especially for the torch) if you aren't looking at it.

Very well made, convenient and easy to use. In my opinion the 'cons' don't justify reducing the score and they are more observations than disadvantages, hence the 5/5 score. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, buy it as a gift or purchase another one for myself.
on 27 June 2015
This little marvel saved the day for me this afternoon. Family gathering to meet a relative over from New Zealand. I grabbed my LG G3 which I use as my camera as it takes amazing quality photographs. Oh nuts! Only 23% power. That would never do. So I unboxed the powerbank and set off to the hotel - only a 15 minute drive away. Well, in 15 minutes this had powered up the mobile by 40%. I left it connected as I went in to the hotel and I took my photos and still came away with 68%. Not sure about the techy stats, but it saved the day, and for me this is the reason I bought it. Two leads with it. One is a good length and the other is ridiculously short. If you had a 1metre lead you could have this in a back pocket or jacket pocket, leave it connected and work away with your device. Very happy purchaser.

UPDATE: My LG G3 was at 13% today. Took 75 minutes to get to 100% (without any use during charging)
on 13 September 2015
I was sent this 10000mAh power bank by EasyAcc for an unbiased and honest review.

::::::::::THE GOOD::::::::::

EasyAcc sells a variety of different smartphone accessories but by far I am a huge fan of their power banks. They are always well priced but also offer huge capacities and good build quality. This 10000mAh power bank is no exception. It offers a sturdy design, minimal branding but overall nothing to extravagant. The colour choice is black and orange which I personally don’t mind but the orange accents are kept to a minimum. There are two USB ports which are said to be “smart” as they deliver the correct and optimum output current to charge your device the fastest. So far I can testify that there is a noticeable improvement in charging times with this battery pack compared to others I have used. There are two USB ports on the side which deliver up to 2.4 Amps which is 0.2 Amps greater than the vast majority of other battery packs. Located in the middle is the flashlight which can be helpful at times. Also, in the corner of the battery pack you will find an LED Indicator of remaining battery level. This battery pack holds its battery well even if not in use but with my phone of 3000mAh capacity I was able to charge it 3 times comfortably with some to spare. Overall, EasyAcc offers a nice sturdy battery pack that does its job well.

::::::::::THE BAD::::::::::

I have found that the LED light on the side is not very bright at all and is only useful in very dark conditions. I have to say that this battery pack is a bit weighty and quite a bit bigger than the average sized smartphone, but if kept in a bag this shouldn’t be a big problem. Another minor issue I’ve had is that the button which starts a charge or activates the LED does not feel very tactile and is a bit slim therefore making less accessible to the touch. Other than these minor flaws the overall functionality is not compromised and is great on EasyAcc’s battery pack.

::::::::::USABILITY AND SETUP::::::::::

As any battery pack is, there is virtually no setup. I have noticed that the included Micro USB cable is quite small and not very practical. I recommend using other longer cables.

::::::::::THE BOTTOMLINE::::::::::

EasyAcc offers a sturdy, high capacity battery pack at a very low price. Build quality is sleek and the colour choices and design compliment this battery pack well. It charges your devices a bit quicker than others but still holds it huge 10000mAh capacity without any compromise. Overall, I would highly recommend EasyAcc’s battery pack.

review image review image review image review image review image
on 8 August 2014
My girlfriend and I bought this for our interailing through Europe as a backup if we couldn't find an electrical outlet. It came fully charged, with two USB-microUSB cables: one short, and one even shorter. It was a great gadget to have with us either while being on a nighttrain or when we went Trekking, and it seemed to last long too. I managed to get at least 3 full charges for my Google Nexus 4, and I usually charged it after that but it was still on 1 bar so there might have been at least half a charge left. Really great device, especially that it can charge two devices at the same time.

The only minor downside is the charging time of the battery itself, it takes a LONG time. Read reviews that it takes 16 hours for complete charge. I charged it from 1 bar and it took roughly 9-10 hours.

I can see this device being great if you are camping and won't be near an electric outlet for a long time. We used it a lot because we used our smart phones for using the GPS or looking things up over the internet plus booking hotels and the like. I recommend this product if you are going out travelling for a longer period of time, but if you are looking for a backup say for everyday use this might be a bit overkill
on 4 November 2015
How did we ever live in a world without power banks? They are one of the most useful accessories I have come across just lately. I have been fortunate enough to be able to test a variety of them, and this easyAcc power bank is one I had definitely earmarked to keep for myself afterwards, but my son has somehow managed to end up with it, also being a big fan of power banks.
This easyAcc power bank has a capacity of 15000mAh making it one of the big boys at this current time, although they are getting bigger all the time, but for now this is a really good size.
It has three usb outputs so you can charge up to three devices at the same time with a total out put of 4.8a which could be three smartphones or two tablets. You can use it to charge anything that requires charging via usb, so any rechargeable bluetooth device ie headphones, speakers etc.. MP3 players, cameras, apple products although a lightening cable is not included so you will need to use the one that came with your device.
It has smart technology so it will automatically detect what devices are connected to it and it will deliver the correct amount of power.
The ports on them are standard usb ports and you can use you devices regular chargers with it. It comes with one wire which is a usb to micro usb, which is used for charging it, this wire can also be used to charge a device, but it doesn't come with any other charging cables.

It has 4 lights on the top to indicate how much power is in it, it can take a long time to charge, approximately 9 hours but it holds so much power, and it is safe to leave it charging over night as it has protected ICs, which means it will turn off automatically when it is fully charged, it won't over heat and it won't short circuit.
It is very important to make sure when buying any power bank that it has protected ICs, this not only ensures that the product is safe, but that it is also a genuine product.
With so many dangerous fakes on the market you do really need to make sure you are getting a genuine product, if it's a very cheap power bank chances are it is probably fake, as protected ICs are costly to add to the product, so always make sure you are buying a product with this feature, the easyAcc has this so it is definitely genuine and safe.

It is light and small enough to be conveniently portable, yet heavy enough to know it is a good battery capable of holding 15000mAh.
It comes boxed so would make an ideal gift if you could manage to part with it, and it looks really smart too, I love the orange colour on it, so did my son, it's his favourite colour I think that's why he swiped it!!
In the box you get the power bank, one usb to micro usb charging cable and a little instruction booklet. Not included but required is the mains usb adapter which you need to charge it, chances are you will have one of these anyway, it's just a standard walll usb adapter that comes with most devices.
I love this one, its a top end power bank, it looks great, it's easy to use, and I would and indeed already have recommended it.
I received this product in exchange for an honest and unbiased review, this in no way affects my opinion.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 29 October 2015
After having owned many power banks, the EasyAcc 2nd Gen 10,000mAh power bank  has become my favourite for many reasons...

Inside the packaging, you will find the unit itself, a micro-USB cable and documentation. Upon first impressions, I was very pleased. The unit was solid, light and the design was eye-catching. The black and orange colours contrasted very nicely giving it a premium look.

The power bank tips the scales at 226g making the unit very portable for travel. The footprint of the device is similar to that of an iPhone 6+ with rounded corners making it easy for you to grip the power bank comfortably. At the top of the unit, we have two smart output USB ports and a flashlight. On the right-hand side, we have the power button and on the opposite side you will find the micro-USB port for charging the device - which takes 6 hours to charge fully.

The EasyAcc power bank is designed very nicely, the only flaw being the power button. The button is small and lacks good tactile feedback. Sometimes I had to press the button considerably harder than normal to switch on the device.

Charging my phone posed no difficulties. Thanks to the smart output technology, my phone charged at normal speeds. This means the EasyAcc power bank can identify the type of device and output the suitable current for your device - leading to optimal charging times. I was able to recharge my Nexus 5 (which has a 2,300mAh battery) three times which was pleasing.Another useful feature is the ability to charge your power bank at the same time as charging other devices. This makes it much more convenient.

In conclusion, the EasyAcc 10,000mAh power bank is my favourite power bank up to date because of its reliability and form factor. For just £12.99 the power bank is a great buy.
on 17 September 2015
I've used two of these units whilst at a festival and found them to be excellent devices. The casing is very robust, but all the edges are very softly curved, this helps reduce the chance of scratching anything else that's in your bag.There is a single recessed button on the side which with a single click tells you how much power is left or with a double press activates the built in LED light. Having a built in LED light is very useful. It also comes with a USB cable which is of a nice length. Easily charged my Amazon phone and does a good job of charging my Sony A6000 Camera which can be charged via USB.
review image
on 15 July 2014
This product is exactly what I wanted in a charger. Simple to use and the charge lasts ages. One of these kept my smartphone charged for 7 days whilst I was on holiday. Brilliant
on 11 September 2014
Does exactly what you expect. I charged my phone twice, my wife's phone twice, two friend's phones and a randomers phone from this at a recent festival. Because each phone was put into airplane mode to charge this little beauty still had juice left for a couple more if needed. The festival ended before this battery did!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 August 2015
This is a 10000 mAh power bank made by EasyAcc, this really is a very good product which really works very well. This power bank has a very large capacity of 10000 mAh it provides plenty of power to enable me to charge my iPhone 6 multiple times, i can also charge my iPad a couple of times which is also very impressive. The power bank itself is small and very compact, however it does have quite a lot of weight to it of course for its capacity this is understandable.

I have owned EasyAcc products in the past and i have always been very impressed with the design and overall build quality and of course this product is no exception, the design is sleek and modern and really does look like it would be a high price that what it is retailed at, i find it quite amazing how this product is only offered at little over a tenner.

Charging the power bank takes a long time. Understandably from a standard USB output from a computer takes around 10 hours, so i honestly can't see the point of anybody charging this through a laptop as it will completely drain it very quickly, this would only be usefully for those with a desktop computer, however you can also charge it through a wall USB outlet, if you do the charging time is significantly lower at around 5 hours if you use a 2 Amp wall outlet charger which you get with some tablets, i tend to just leave this portable power bank on charge over night, this is a very big capacity product so don't be put off by the long charging times because this power bank needs it.

Some positives which i like with this power bank are:

- 2 USB outlets so you can charge multiple devices at the same time
- Remaining capacity indicator
- Large Capacity
- Has the smart charging technology
- Modern and compact

Overall, i feel that this is a really great product, for the price it is a very high quality power bank which offers a very high capacity, it cannot be faulted in any way.

Highly Recommended - 5/5