This is perfect for the job it is intended!

It has some good features, including:
* the zone you are in whilst training (good to know, depending what your aims are whether it be fitness or fat burning etc)
* calories
* a storage system of you past training / workouts (which means you can see the improvement you have made over a period of time)
* you can sync with the fitness machines at the gym (lots do use the polar system - probably worth checking if this is an important function for you)

This is a pretty basic machine in that you don't get GPS info or distance etc. But if you are looking at getting fitter or maintaining fitness, it is a really good tool. It is ideal in the gym, which is my main purpose for it. It is fairly light and looks good.

on 15 November 2013
I had high expectations of this watch and heart rate monitor having read numerous reviews on how good it was. First, the watch itself looks and feel great when on the wrist. The functions are easy to navigate through and setting up your personal statistics is straightforward.

This watch would be better if it had a lap timer stop/start function like many other cheap sport watches on the market. Second, I'd like to comment on the chest strap and heart rate monitor. Very comfortable to wear and easily adjustable. It can also be machined washed which is refreshing after 5/6 workouts.

Unfortunately, every time I have used the heart rate function, 50% of the time I have lost signal. After attempting to re-wet the sensors and wait for the signal to return, I have on many occasions had to stop my workout and reset the function. This is very frustrating.

The display feature are aesthetically pleasing with the heart rate moving between the "fitness and fat burn" or you can alternate between % (which is my prefered preference).

Overall, this product has the potential to deliver a 5 star rating with the price relatively cheap, however, a few niggles of losing signal leaves it only getting 3 stars from me.
on 1 April 2015
Love this fitness watch. It's great for all types of fitness levels. I do a lot of power walking and was surprised to find I could easily burn off 300+ calories just by doing 40 mins walking. The strap doesn't bother me and at times I don't realise it's there. If you wanted to transfer your data onto your PC you need to buy a syncing device-I personally think you don't need it as the watch stores a great deal of information. It will store 99 workouts and will calculate how many calories you have burned over the day and how many of those were improving your fitness levels and how many of those were fat burning. Would really recommend this product-infact I already have to a friend.
review image
on 13 January 2014
Hi, I really like this heart rate monitor, I am a triathlete and its waterproof which is essential. I bought one about 2 years ago and loved it but watch stopped working, I had battery replaced to no avail. I had lost details of my purchase although it was still within 2 year warranty, so I bought a new one and made sure I kept all receipts and packaging which I am glad I did. I had the second one since April 2013 (and sensor stopped working in December, the watch was reading a 00 heart rate) I sent an email to Amazon and they were amazing, they responded within hours, sent me a working replacement which I am really grateful for and also prepaid for the return item which I sent back. I'm hoping for 3rd time lucky with this one as I have paid for 2 and have one working in the same 2 year period but it works great when it works and I use it a lot for long durations. It does not have GPS which is ok for me and I don't want to turn you off buying, its a great product but I'm a little apprehensive so I suggest if you buy one keep your receipts for warranty but hopefully it will stay working. I am more amazed at the wonderful customer service Amazon provide, Thank you Amazon
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 July 2013
Never bought a sports watch before but have scored gold with this one.

1. The sensor is comfortable and works exceptionally well even when cycling and vigorous exercise. Its very easy to change the battery and only had a signal drop when the battery began to run out after lots and lots of use. Easily brought a new one from Sainsburies standard 3v button battery and even easier to fit.

2, The menus are easy to navigate and the watch has all the functions I need with easy and concise data display.

3. The training files are stored on the watch and provide a complete history of training stats easily accessible whenever needed.

There was a wide range of products available and a wider range of prices but for someone who wants a good, well featured, reliable device to provide that essential fun element of gadgetry to drive you to a fitter life, then this is a great choice.

Pretty sure I haven't used all the features yet and I think there is a web thingy as well, but so far I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
on 2 June 2014
I bought this after reading good reviews about it. I have always worn Garmin HRM but this was decently priced.

The main issue was the loss of signal between the watch and monitor - I used it while jogging to the gym and it kept cutting out. I found that if I pressed hard, it would activate again but who wants to run about holding it all the time. I adjusted the strap and made it tighter - no difference.

Returned and refunded today, I'll stick with Garmin.
on 13 October 2013
I bought this watch because of the price and amazon reviews.
I do not understand why some buyers complain about poor or no hrm signal. I read the manual and the user instructions couldn't be easier. I put some water on the hrm band and voila'! My heart rate in 2-3 seconds!

This is actually a small watch. To be honest I didn't expect it to be that small. The design is ok and the build quality seems normal. For a mans wrist, it looks quite small, but hey, it's a heart rate monitor. Not an all day watch.

The screen is easily readable and there are two screen options (one with big and one with small digits-including seconds)
This is a basic hrm with not that many features. For example during hrm I couldn't find how to lap my run, since there's only one time entry showing the overall training time length.

It's very new, so I don't have any experience on battery life and durability, but I guess its pretty basic.

For someone who wants to keep the training intensity under control this is a great watch!
on 11 January 2013
I purchased this as I wanted to replace my old (12 years old) Polar that I used for mainly running. The watch and strap look nice and the strap is very comfortable and the signal seems reliable. It has some serious flaws in my opinion so I will be selling it on. I think this is partly down to me not looking at the specs closely enough and partly because you would assume a HR watch would have the following features:
1) You cannot display the HR and the exercise duration at the same time - this seems bizarre. You can view duration and time of day (why you need to I don't know). To know how long you have been exercising you need to press quite a small button which, if you are moving is a pain to do.
2) No lap functionality. I assumed a stop watch would include a lap feature - you can buy a casio watch for £10 that provides stopwatch and lap functionality!
Overall it looks nice, the chest strap is good but they have gone for gimmicks over basic, usable functionality. If you want a watch for running then this is not the model for you.
on 30 March 2015
I had the FT1 and I decided to buy a newer version hoping that the accuracy would be better. For that reason I chose the latest version, however I am quite disappointed with it. I must point out I was interested in a consistent and accurate heart rate monitor. Having said this, the watch does not have much extra functionality (compared with FT1).

My main concern is that sometimes the heart rate gets stuck in a very high number (unrealistic number) and it would not recover the real heart rate until I move the strap... this means my maximum and average heart rate after the exercise are not realistic. Also the way it counts calories is wrong, it is usually twice as much as the values provided by the gym machines or the typical values... in that sense you can just halve it every time to get an estimate of the calories burned.

One positive thing is that the strap is quite comfortable.
on 2 June 2014
Simple to use, this does everything I need it to. Having previously owned a Polar RS400 I never really utilised the training zones etc. etc. All I need to know is what percentage of my maximum am I training at? and how many calories have I used? The FT7 will let you know exactly whether you are fat burning or fitness with a simple easy to read display. Your max hr is based on 220 minus your age, which is not perfect, but you do have the ability to go beyond it. Remember this is an entry level monitor.

The batteries are easy to replace in both watch and sensor.

If you are looking for a basic HR monitor this fits the bill. If you want to set training zones and a watch that will run a fitness test and adjust you max hr then you need to spend a little more on an RS400 or similar product.

For the price it is excellent.