Format: Audio CDChange

on 11 March 2014
I FEEL THE SAME HERE THAT I BOUGHT THE FIRST 2 DISCS FROM SEASON 1 ONLY TO NOW FIND THE AMAZING BOX SET OF 4 CDS SO THAT OF COURSE IS ESSENTIAL TO HAVE AND I GUESS THE VOL 1& 2 WILL END UP IN THE CAR NOW BUT WITH IT LOOKING LIKE THEY ARE DOING THE SAME AGAIN WITH SEASON 2 I WILL WAIT FOR THE BOX SET AT THE END AND GET THAT.
EXCELLENT MUSIC FROM A DAMN GOOD SERIES BUT IF YOU HAVE MONEY TO THROW AWAY OR SIMPLY LOSE CONTROL THEN BUY THE SEASON 2 VOL 1 DISC OTHERWISE HOLD ON AND SHOW THE RECORD COMPANIES NOT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE
0Comment34 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 February 2014
I need to fess up I haven't bought this album yet but as a Nashville fan I should be certain I'll buy but I am not certain because buying the sound tracks from this show is way more complicated than it need be. I bought CDs 1 & 2 from season one but browsing here today I see there is a season one 'Complete collection' mega issue that has 4 CDs worth of material on it - all of the content from the 2 discs and 30+ more tracks. Reading the US reviews of season 2 it is clear there are already other versions (only available from specific US retailers) that contain exclusive tracks. No doubt there'll be a second issue but should I be waiting for the complete collection. I feel a bit ripped off and more than a little confused why there are so many variations.
44 comments64 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2014
Brilliant to clean up to and sing along as I do the housework. It helps that I also love the show
on 1 March 2014
I adored the first soundtrack, feared that the songs standard might slip.. But nope good as ever. It doesn't have any Connie Brittain songs on it, but that's consistent with the current storyline, however Hayden Panatierre and Clare Bowen contribute some strong tracks, and Chris Carmack, Sam Palladio and Jonathon Jackson soar....
on 23 February 2014
Great music from the star performers of this fantastic TV Series. Only minor disappointment is fewer songs from Connie Britton. The story lines are riveting complimented by these fabulous songs.
If you want to try Country and Western music then this is an ideal choice to start trying listening to it.
on 5 April 2014
I have all the albums and bought them as they were released. The best one I think is still Album 1 Season 1 but this Album 1 season 2 is pretty close behind. Stand out tracks are "What if I was Willing" and "This Town" they are head and shoulders the best on here. However the 4 bonus tracks are also actually very good rather than fillers and the let downs are for me the two Lennon sisters. There twee sound would be better on a separate album marketed at the buyers who love to hear children singing and unfortunately thats not me. Record company please take note you can make more money that way and please people who want proper rocking country instead. I also find the tracks "Tell Me" and "Wayfaring Stranger" can irritate me if I hear them too often. So taking those out of the picture I can say that the remainder are very good and the 2 above mentioned are soaraway good. Yes I do really love the series this one and series 2 although it is obvious that T Bone Walker is not involved in series 2. The music is still excelent, and all performed by the actors/actresses themselves which is really a bonus. Yes I do very hearily recommend both soundtracks and DVD(s).
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2014
As a fan of Nashville I rate this CD as great but I have followed the whole series and bought the previous CD's. You probably need to be a country fan to like this cd although some people might enjoy. waiting for Volume 2.
on 15 April 2014
If you watch Nashville on television, you'll love this cd, as you can picture the characters singing the songs. We bought the original cd of the first series and I think this is as good if not better. Roll on the next cd!
on 1 November 2015
I am a happy Prime customer. I thought I'd try watching Nashville, not sure if I'd enjoy it. Enjoy it I did and I was really surprised that I was so hooked by so much of the music in the show. This was the first time that I really hoped that Prime music would overlap with the TV shows platform. Easy to find the music from the show, check. This album free to listen to with Prime, awesome. A Life That's Good, Ball and Chain, What if I Was Willing - I love these songs. I really would have said that Country Music was a genre that I didn't like, it's been fun finding out different. I'd be impressed if there was a single song that I enjoyed from a show, it's amazing to be humming so many.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2014
Very good cd I have enjoyed listening to music as I have been watching the series on tv and look forward to more of the same in the future