on 10 March 2014
This is a first class boxset, I was amazed at the premium feel and quality of it. Its so nice to be able to relive playing each album from start to finish again, just like when I was a kid in the 80's. The rarities disc is also a gem and the added DVD is the icing on the cake for me.

I was also surprised at the sound quality of each disc - I dont think they've been remastered but I reckon they were all taken from the original master tapes?

Long live the music of two of the worlds greatest artists (Poor old drummer Mickey Burt always seems to get forgotten but he was an integral part of the "band" through the 80's).
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 June 2014
I've always loved Chas and Dave. They can do no wrong. How fantastic to have some of their videos on dvd, but I would have loved to have them all, throughout their career, instead of just a small selection. Yes, I know, it says 1981 - 1991, but why not include everything for those of us who can't get enough Chas and Dave? For example, the videos of The Sideboard Song, I'm in Trouble, I'm a Rocker, Pay Up (And Look Big), London Girls, and Gertcha, most of those songs from the period in question, if I remember correctly, are not included. This is an excellent selection of most of the songs they are famous for. The sound quality is really very good, considering I don't think these recordings were remastered, as far as I know. There is only one song on the A's, B's and Buried Treasure, the Sun Studio recording of Ain't No Pleasing You, that has a lot of unpleasant noise on it. I'm not sure if I have a faulty copy, or if that is just the way it is, because every other song sounds fine. Their jamboree bags are in this set, too. My only disappointment is that I would have preferred to have a box set of everything Chas and Dave ever did. Now I'm going to have to go in quest of the missing lps on cd. I don't have a turntable any more. At least I will be less reliant on youtube now.
on 29 December 2015
If I'd read up on Chas & Dave before buying this, I'd have realised that "part 1" of C&D's recording history, with previous label EMI, is missing from this collection, so now I have to buy the EMI years box set to add classic studio tracks "Gertcha" and "Sideboard Song" among others to make my collection complete. However I shouldn't complain, there is a huge quantity of great material for your money in this box set & nicely put together too.

I was inspired to buy this having watched the 1982 tv special "Xmas Knees Up" which features Eric Clapton among other guests, sorry to find this isn't included in the collection either.

So please forgive me knocking one star off what is really an excellent investment, buy this & buy the EMI box set too!
on 17 February 2014
Top box set. All the classic albums from 1981 onwards (when let's face it - everyone started to hear of them). Worth every penny.
on 15 February 2014
What a great little Box Set. All the songs are there.For Chas & Dave Fans it's a must.But the box itself would have been perfect had it had a lid to it.....Never mind eh.
on 25 August 2014
This is a really good box set. I love the 3 Jamboree albums. Used to have these on vinyl but to have them on CD is even better. I've always loved their brand of music. The booklet is great too. I certainly recommend this box set. Music is superb. Well done to the boys Chas n Dave !!
on 20 August 2014
It's Chas & Dave (& Mick) doing what they do best. Brilliant songs in lovely packaging. I can't fault it.
on 29 June 2014
Love this knees up.... everthing you need from chas & dave all in one place. A must have for all fans.
on 19 July 2014