on 8 December 2014
This item has been brilliant. Easy to use and very quick. I've used it a few times now and its changed my life. Confidence has grown so much since using this product. I reccomend it to anyone
on 4 February 2014
best product of it's kind I have tried, also good price. I am pleased with the quality of the product and the ease of use.
22 comments43 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2015
This isn't a real review, I'm trying to figure out if Amazon is sending me defective versions of this device. On Prime Day I ordered this item and received one with a 'blob' of glass on the tube that runs through the treatment area of the device. It's placed off to the right of the tube and faces out of the device. I thought this wasn't correct and online images of the device do not have this weird bubble of glass (however there does appear to be variance in the appearance of that tube- whether it's surrounded by a coiled wire or if the tube has 2 separate rings markings that divide the tube into equal thirds). I ordered a replacement but it also has this defect in the same place. The shape of the 'bubble' isn't 100% consistent between the two. I attached a photo of the first device I received. Have people used a device that has the same appearance? As my replacement has the same bubble but in a very similar place on the tube I'm wondering if it's actually meant to be there or, alternatively, if Amazon has a load of dud devices they tried to offload on Prime Day. I'm uneasy about using a laser device on myself when there's a chance it won't function correctly and possibly be harmful
review image
22 comments10 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 March 2015
Absolutely gobsmacked by some of the reviews I have read on here; people really need to learn to read the literature before use!!

It is not an instant hair removal product (process is gradual over a number of months) and in the initial weeks, is used no more frequently than on a fortnightly basis.

I've read a review of someone stating that it did not work on 2mm hair! Well that's because you have to shave first to allow full penatration of the light in to the follicle and it's not an instant fix. Second review which baffled me was someone stating that they used it everyday with no effect! The reason why they state a minimum of two weeks in between use is that can have the opposite effect and actually speed up growth if used more regularly than at two week intervals.

I have had Hirsutism since my teenage years and this product has been amazing, giving me freedom from shaving and the damage constant shaving causes.

I just hope the people who didn't read the instructions nor watch the YouTube videos didn't cause your skin permanent damage!!
0Comment29 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 August 2015
My personal experiences
I have tested the product now approx. 3 weeks and am really surprised by the result. The small guy has provided within the shortest time for a zone "free of hair" on my legs and in the armpits.
The skin felt good after every treatment. Nevertheless, I have also maintained the skin afterwards with a lotion.
Indeed, the use is absolutely painless and the result is worthy of notice: smooth legs and flawless armpits.
I have also treated my little facial hair with it and also here a visible success (see pictures) is there. After 3 weeks what is hardly to be seen.
Result
My personal experiences are completely positive. The Silk'n Glide is light in the use and efficiently in the result. The skin is not damaged and the hair problem is packed directly in the root! Back a cultivated and nice skin, flatly and remains above all freely of hair and painless!
review image review image
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2014
I wasn't sure in the beginning if i'm doing the right choice but this is an excellent product easy to use. After 2 use only my hair disappeared. for a full leg in the first time it was 25 min' for one leg the second time 10 min for one leg. after 2 use only i have barely any hair .
You can slide with on your leg or any other part and its make it much comfortable to use.. Love it.
Not expensive you have 50,000 pulses enough to remove hair all over the body.
Warmly recommended.
0Comment37 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2016
Bought on Black Friday, excellent price. Excellent size and very easy to use.
on 28 June 2014
Used this for four months, exactly as described on my legs, bikini and underarm. It's had no noticeable effect at all, so disappointing :( I know these types of machines aren't an instant fix as it can depend on hair growth cycles but I feel that for the money I should have seen some reduction.
0Comment14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2014
I have been using this product consecutively over the past 3 weeks and I have to admit, I am absolutely thrilled with the results. Not only has my hair disappeared it has to be said that this is one of the most pain-less methods of hair removal that I have ever encountered!

This is a totally reliable, easy-to-use and fuss free product that saves you hours of shaving your legs every week plus there is no harsh stubble or regrowth which I experience even when I have had waxes previously. I love that I don’t have to go to a salon or clinic and the fact that I’m in the privacy and comfort of my own home! I would say to anyone buying this product to make sure you read the instructions before you use it because the first time I went to use it I hadn’t done so and since reading through the manual the outcome has been so much more successful and the results have lasted for a much longer period of time!

Another fab thing is that the device isn’t limited to one area – you can pretty much use it across the whole of your body. Like most, I started by targeting my leg hair area (this is one of the most strenuous and annoying areas to shave!) and then moved to my armpits and bikini line. I don’t suffer from facial hair so this wasn’t a problem for me. Now the areas that I used the silk’n glide device on have hardly any hair and if there is hair it is so much thinner and areas of hair are sporadic – I feel like my hair is much slower growing back which is one main reasons I initially bought it!!

It is a rather expensive product but I will definitely be repurchasing it (if I ever need to) because it is so much cheaper than using other methods of hair removal plus it works on a permanent basis. I honestly can’t recommend this enough!
11 comment22 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 9 May 2015
I have just done the third of the fortnightly treatments with this product and there is a definite thinning out of the regrowth and the lower legs in particular are feeling a good bit smoother. I have suffered no skin irritation whatsoever but was cautious with the settings for a start. This is not an immediate or quick fix but the product is very easy to use and contrary to other online reviews I saw, the instructions are very simple. Fingers crossed for a permanent fix, as pale skin and dark hair are something of a curse.