Format: Audio CD|Change

Fairground Attraction - Perfect
Godley & Crème - Cry
Chris De Burgh - Lady In Red

Disc 2
Grandmaster Flash & Melle Mel - White Lines (Don't Do It)
Cameo - Word Up!
Daryl Hall & John Oates - Maneater
Robin Beck - First Time
Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
Kiss - Crazy Crazy Nights
Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child (Wild One)
Motörhead - Ace Of Spades

The Housemartins - Happy Hour
Splodgenessabounds - Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps Please
Jona Lewie - You Will Always Find Me In the Kitchen At Parties
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 July 2015
Any box set claiming up to be 'The Definitive Collection' is leaving itself wide open, but in all fairness, this is part of a series from Union Square Music Limited, which is a budget label, and as such are unable to afford quite a few big songs. Therefore, this Eighties collection omits many of the decade's essentials like Queen and Michael Jackson, but provides many hits from a varied range of artists, from pop to rock, soul to heavy metal, there is something for everyone.

Many chart-toppers are here in this three CD set, housed in a blue cardboard box, including Tiffany's 'I Think We're Alone Now', 'Come On Eileen' by Dexys Midnight Runners, Aswad's version of 'Don't Turn Around, and 'Lady in Red' by Chris De Burgh. There are other biggies by household musical names like The Jam, Motörhead, Kirsty MacColl, and some often overlooked ones like Scotland's Big Country, and punk band The Toy Dolls, represented here with their irresistible take on 'Nellie the Elephant'.

'Greatest Ever Eighties' might not be 'The Definitive Collection', but it offers a song each by a string of big names. At least all of these tracks actually were hits, and the artist selection is more varied than a lot of compilations. All of this means this one a good set, and great value for money.
on 26 March 2010
Having endured listening to his mum and I banging on about 80s music being so great, both my 12 and 7 year olds sons asked for 80s collections for Christmas. At this price, it was worth getting, particularly as Father Christmas works to a tight budget these days :0) A great collection of tracks, with the obligatory cheesy ones that force you to reach for the skip button, but at this price, an absolute steal!
on 5 May 2014
Good collection of songs, some I hadn't heard since they dropped out of the charts, and some I had never heard before (but are up to the standard of the rest). The set comes as 3 individual CD's in a cardboard case which was a bit cumbersome. And, in common with many massive compilations (the "100 Hits.." series being an honourable exception) some of the songs have had their running time shortened e.g. "Kids in America" fades out 10 seconds or so too early. But at less than the cost of two coffees in Starbucks you can't really complain...
on 25 January 2012
The music in this decade brought us hot chic's in hot pants strutting their stuff, it was just great,the memories come flooding back you cant help closing your eyes and saying 'Yes I was there'
on 21 June 2011
Great cd set of 80s music. It will take you back to that era, and bring back fond memories. I love it.
on 1 August 2014
Bought all these cds together I love eighties, rock and heavy metal the price I paid i was a steal plus it was with me within two days well done Amazon
on 8 February 2013
Its good but there were a lot of songs that I didn't know. Good price though and nice compact way of keeping all that music together.
on 15 January 2014
I bought this for my friend to cheer her up. It did. She loves it.
All her favourites in one collection.
Job done.
on 23 May 2014
I Bought this CD because we are having an Eighties party soon.
Very good selection of Eighties hits. Should go well!