on 9 August 2014
i used to buy this when asda sold it, and then they stopped, struggled to find it elsewhere, so so happy to find it on amazon, i love jack and i love jim, but this is in a different league, its so smooth and so tasty, if you like american whiskey and have yet to try bulleit dont be mean to yourself and hit the button, if you dont like it (that wont happen) give me your address and i'll be up to empty it for you
0Comment37 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 December 2015
I've never been a whisky fan, I bought a bottle of gentleman Jack for my dad and loved that. I got this as it was on offer on Amazon, 5 bottles later its my firm favourite, smooth yet with a sweetish hint, good strong flavour. This kicks woodford reserve's ass big style and to boot is cheaper. This is exceptional quality and at this price is amazing bang for your buck. If you haven't tried it I really wouldn't hesitate, you won't be dissapointed.
on 2 September 2014
Oh yes, smooth, complex flavours, delicious. I have bought more. Not quite as in your face as Knob Creek. Fascinating to compare it with Bulleit Rye, both good but different. You have to try a few whiskeys to begin to really appreciate the differences between the endless variations in grains, countries of origin etc.

This is noe to come back to.
on 7 February 2016
As per usual I had no idea what I wanted for Christmas and so when asked repeatedly I decided that, as a whisky drinker, it was time I tried out some bourbon. I was not expecting too much but this one came fairly well rated when I read all the reviews. How delighted I was. The Bourbon is slightly sweeter than the whiskies that I drink but not in an unpleasant way and it also had a distinct smoky side of it but again not in an overpowering way. I actually did like it and have now (February so that's not too bad) finished it and am looking for new Bourbon experiences. I am not saying that I would forego Whisky for this however it is a very pleasant drink and I will certainly be happy to drink Bourbon every now and then in the future.

Overall Summary: Slightly smoky, slightly sweet, certainly very smooth (which was not what I was expecting at all!) and a delight to sample.
22 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 March 2014
Wanted to try this after watching a Sly Stallone film " Bullet in the Head", where he would only drink this bourbon. Sourced via Amazon, quick delivery and tastes as good or better than JD.
22 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2015
I normally drink Jd or Jim beam, but this was on offer, so I tret misen (said in a Yorkshire accent)I normally add coke and ice with Bourbon, but I thought I'd try it neat. It's smooth but has a nice little kick. I can't smell "wood, charcoal pine trees etc" that others can smell, it just smells like bourbon to me. It's 45% so a little stronger than "the norm" but it's lovely and soothing on a winters night. Cheers 🍻
on 26 November 2015
Make sure you have a cork-screw to hand when you open it. I like the design of the bottle, but the top/cap is very fragile. The plastic cap (Handle) separated (sheared-off) from the cork when I tried to open it ( I just opened as normal, not much pressure) and the cork was stuck in the neck of the bottle. Luckily it came out with a cork-screw.

About the Bourbon itself all that I can say is that I LOVED IT!
on 31 December 2015
I was first introduced to Bulleit by the Barman in the exec lounge at a Hilton Hotel after a business meeting, I asked about my usual bourbons and they brought this out for me.

I wasn't sure at first I was going to like this. It smelled sickly sweet, I've had my nose broken a few times I'm not too good with smells, so I didn't let this put me too much.

This is a sweet, savoury taste, honeycomb maybe, not just honey its more rounded, I can just make out vanilla, then pepper, black pepper I think, I didn't get the nutty creamy pralines that I have heard others talk about, nor the woody taste.

I have this on cubed ice, the little bit of water helps open this up.

It works well with diet coke, so if you want a long drink but watching the calories (bourbon isn't your drink :P) but diet coke not being too sweet levels this out nicely.

I also think being sweet this would work well with bitters, or dry gingers and would be excellent to cook ham with. I could totally see this working well with salted caramel and bourbon with a nice ham.

This is def in my top 5 "reasonably priced" bourbons.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2015
this was the first time tryin bourbon whisky i had tried many other whiskys but bourbon was still off the list! i have to say now i have this fine bourbon i dont want to drink anything els its amazing! was abit skeptical at first becouse you cant always go on what reviews from others say because everyone has different taste buds! but for me personally i am very happy with this and great packaging!
on 9 January 2016
Lovely bourbon - never tried previously but saw it in Sylvester Stallone movie Bullet To The Head where his character only drank this bourbon. I'm not that easily influenced honestly, I did read lots of reviews first and this was considered good quality and nice flavour so I took a chance when there was a Christmas lightning deal promotion on Amazon in December and it had a few pounds off the normal price. Really not disappointed - far nicer than Jack Daniels in my opinion, something I drank too much of in my youth, as it's smoother and more along the lines of a quality malt whisky though taste different of course. Suffice to say I'll need to look out for another offer as I haven't got an awful lot left now Christmas and New Year have gone!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse