4.7 out of 5 stars1,342
Size: 18-PackPackage Type: Frustration Free packagingChange
Price:£5.49 - £74.99

on 18 March 2014
The Tommee Tippee / Sangenic system is one I'd highly recommend. Instead of having to put nappies into individual bags and then into a nappy bin, you push them through the cartridge into one of the specially designed bins, give it a twist and the nappy is sealed away. The system is certainly friendlier on the nose though I'm not sure I 100% agree with the idea that odour is completely eliminated from the experience - maybe this depends more on the contents of the last nappy before you empty the bin. And you should bear in mind that you may get through the cassettes more quickly than you might think - depending on the size of nappies you're using and the number of changes you're doing a day. One cartridge is most likely not going to last you an entire month.

If you're pushed for space 18 cassettes is going to take up a fair bit of room. And although on current prices you're saving £6 by buying the pack of 18 on Amazon (3-pack is currently £10.99 and 9-pack is currently £32.97) it's worth bearing in mind that prices fluctuate and you should check the prices of the smaller packs to make sure you're getting the best deal before you buy. Having said that, Amazon are by far the cheapest place I've found for buying these cassettes and I wouldn't be without them.
VINE VOICEon 17 April 2014
It's got to be said, changing a nappy is pretty horrible, even with your own child. Fumbling about with nappy sacks and trying to get a nappy into one when trying to keep your baby under control can be difficult. The Sangenic bin is a great invention. If you are looking at these then you probably already have the bin. If you're looking at these and wonder whether the cost of the bin and these is worth it, then yes, it is. You can just put the nappy straight in the bin and it locks it away without smell.

Getting these on Amazon is always cheaper than the local supermakets. We've always got these in bulk because we know we'll use them and they don't have use by sit, so can sit in our cupboard until we need them.

All in all these cassettes are great, still expensive on the face of it, but worth it in my opinion. And Amazon is the best place to get them for price.
on 29 July 2015
Necessary refills for a very useful, and regularly used nappy bin. 4 stars as the product is useful and easy to replace in the nappy bin, however I bought 6 refills from Amazon for £15 in March and they're now charging £25 - not cool Amazon, not cool - so minus 1 star for Amazon's greed. I managed to buy another 6 from Mothercare for £15 in their sale recently.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2012
The nappy bin and these liners means that there is never a nasty smell anywhere, nappy bags were no where near as good as these and i recommend this system to all new parents. I couldn't be without it.
0Comment28 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2015
didn't arrive in the same packaging as per the amazon picture...not the end of the world but wouldn't mind having received exactly what was advertised. Does the job though.
review image
22 comments19 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2014
I've been buying these for years but have noticed since they changed packaging compared to what was available 6 years ago they're no where near as effective at keeping the smells away. They're definitely thinner as I found an old 1 in my loft that was 6 years old and used it in between and was much better. If I hadn't of had the old type I may have thought it was just me not remembering but they've definitely made them less odour neutralising which is a real shame.
on 16 May 2013
Locks away smells and saves nappies hanging around the house in different bins or having to go outside. Great value when bought by subscription!
on 3 March 2012
Half quantity (lasted exactly the half days) compared to the cassettes it is replacing.
I had no alternative as my model is obsolete.A must have with a baby,but expensive for what it is.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2015
Buy a lidded pail, put nappies inside. For a more authentic experience put nappy in a nappy bag before putting in pail. Use money saved for a well-deserved romantic night out with the husband (or wife!) or buy more nappies...
on 3 September 2012
This is probably my favourite thing since having my little boy. I hadn't thought about disposing of nappies, but my mum bought us the Tommy Tippee Sangenic nappy bin and it's great, and it's not expensive to maintain either. I did run out of the cassatte refills once and was putting the nappies in the bin and it was minging!! I will never do that again! So now I use the "subscribe and save" and get three cassettes delivered to me automatically every month which is perfect because I can just forget about it and know that I will never run out again. I only seem to use maximum 2 cassettes a month, but it's easy to cancel an order if you still have plenty left over. I wouldn't be without it!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse