Colour: WhiteChange

Colour: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What we have here is a big box full of Tommee Tippee stuff. Honestly, the box really is big and this would look good wrapped up as a baby shower gift or similar. Plus most of the stuff in it is likely to get used. A lot.

The item description gives a good summary of what's included but I thought I'd skim through it anyway, given that my first (and so far only) born was raised with Tommee Tippee bottles.

First up, you get four of the little 150ml bottles. These are nice enough but if you wanted to, you could skip them completely. Their small size is a bonus, but your mum/dad bag is going to be so huge anyway another couple of centimetres isn't going to hurt. Still you get four teats with these, on top of the four that come with the bigger bottles, and you could always use them as spares.

The 260ml bottles will get a lot of use and will do you until your child in his/her late 2s if you look after them. There is a bottle brush included in the set and you'll need that to get dried up milk out from the recessed of the bottle.

The insulted bottle bags are brilliant and make getting out and about with a wee one in tow slightly less impractical, as do the dispensers (these were known simply as 'pods' on my watch). You measure out your powder into them, then pack them in the bottle bag with a luke warm bottle of boiled water and away you go.

The medium flow teats help future proof the set a little bit as your baby will move on to them sooner than you think. They basically let milk flow at a faster rate meaning junior can get round to the business of turning said milk into poo more quickly. There is a soother (aka dummy) included too but I can't comment on that as my little boy never used them. Not that I'm one of these fanatical soother Nazis, no, I'd have loved little man to have taken to a dummy, even if for the sake of five minutes sleep but there was no fooling him, even at that young age.

Lastly, working through the smaller items, come the teat tongs. Again, I didn't really use these when it was my go but, a little note for the dads - these aren't meant to be used one the wife. Not for a number of months, anyway.

Okay on to the big stuff. The steam steriliser. How I remember it well. Even though an it can take six bottles, I was loading this thing up what felt like five times a day. Honestly, it was like being called to prayer every time we ran out of bottles. Note that you probably will run out of bottles now and again, especially if you've got grandparents helping. Stuff gets split between two or three houses and the same number of cars and you lose track of it. That's parenthood. Anyway, this steamer is a seriously good piece of kit. Ours survived the hungriest baby since records began and went on to do one other before no amount of descaling it would salvage it. In short, don't expect to have to replace it in a hurry, but be prepared to miss it when it's gone.

Last up is the bottle warmer. This is probably the only thing in here that I would not bother with if I was putting a set like this together from scratch. It worked okay, it's just that my son was an erratic feeder and to get any benefit from the bottle warmer, you need advanced warning. As long as you're careful, a microwave should do you. Still, you might have one of these babies that follows the routine you set out for it and if you do, you'll probably use this.

So there you go. This really is a one stop shop for the first time parents in your life. Tommee Tippee is a rightly respected brand. Whether you choose to bottle feed (and don't let the NHS treating you like a second class citizen put you off) or whether you go for a mixture of breast and bottle, this box of tricks will set you up nicely.
on 25 July 2015
Excellent starter kit, especially for new parents who are unsure what is needed, contains everything I needed for my newborn. Confusing packaging, with some bottles packaged within the steriliser, meaning that they are hidden. The bottles grow with the baby as the set contains smaller and larger bottles as well as different flow teats. Means you don't have to buy new bottles/teats or upgrade for a good while. Steriliser is a fair size and fits a decent amount of bottles in, however it is not too large that it would take up a lot of counter space or storage room. The powder dispensers need putting together which I found slightly confusing also. No instructions are provided for this, other than this, very efficient packaging and a very good product, especially for first time parents.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 22 March 2015
Being a first-time parent, this starter kit is great as it has everything you need without worrying about extra bits. Great value for money too - highly recommended.
on 20 November 2015
If you want a screaming child and a bottle that won't flow, this is the product for you! The steriliser is fine but the bottles are awful and seize up and block after about 2-3 days use (maybe the steriliser is too hot?)

Unfortunately you can't buy generic teats; the manufacturer is careful to make sure only their own will fit (probably anti-competitive under EU law but they seem to get away with it!)

For our first child, we used Advent, and now we're going to have to shell out again because Tommee Tippee has been a complete waste of money.
on 18 November 2015
Bought this at a great price for my GF's brother and his newborn.

He was very pleased and the quality is great compared to its rivals. The box was huge, filled to bursting with items. Such great value for money.

First thing to do is set all the items out on a worktop and go through everything carefully. Some items are inside others, so make sure you unwrap everything! The sterilizer is a good size and so are the various bottles. Great to use and doesn't take up too much space.

Overall, very pleased.
VINE VOICEon 23 January 2014
Colour: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great steriliser set from the trusted Tommy Tippee name.

Individually these items would cat a lot more than they do here, the compact steriliser is a nice side, fits perfectly in the kitchen. There is enough room for four bottles.

The set includes two separate bottle sizes, one larger for a more hungry bubba. If you cannot get the little `un fed in time then Tommy Tippee have kindly included a dummy (the Yanks call them pacifiers, we call then lifesavers!)

The steriliser is simple to use and you get the peace of mind that you are not passing anything nasty into the bubba. They even include insulated milk carriers to keep the milk warm. That was a clever touch.

The design also helps to alleviate colic build-up, the bane of babies and parents.

This is a great set, any new parents would welcome it. Might be a good idea to drop subtle hints to friends and family.
on 5 November 2015
Can't fault this product or Tommee Tippee them self's, when product was received we un packed it all to make sure it was all there and not broken, and it was all in tact,when we assembled the trays my partner broke the clip on the center stalk, causing it to drop down on to the heating plate, so phoned Tommee Tippee up and they were more than happy to replace it and sent it or that day free of charge, So just a idea if anyone else has this problem.
on 20 August 2015
I bought this starter kit before about 3 weeks and didn't arrive but as soon as i contacted amazon it was replaced and sent the same day (yesterday) and arrived today!
I am very happy with this item i have checked steriliser works perfectly fine and everything it says will be in the box are in it - with instructions for steriliser and bottle warmer. Very good kit and at a very good price!
Very easy for anyone who is just
on 11 October 2015
I love the bottles and everything about the pack apart from the steriliser which broke down after just one go!!! Very annoying on a Saturday night at 7:30pm! I had to rush out to Westfield (only place that is open after 8pm near me!) to purchase anything I can find. Very disappointed and caused a lot of problems for my family. This isn't a one-off issue and looking at the net is something that has happened to many, so be warned.
on 26 November 2015
This product was delivery a month in advance of our baby coming so we were well prepared. After arriving home from the hospital we noticed the power button has some issues but if you pressed it a couple of times it did work. After just three weeks it failed and no longer works at all. I have sent a message to the supplier but had absolutely no response. Very disappointed ! It is not even worth a star!