Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Essentials Starter Kit
Colour: WhiteChange
Price:£64.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Colour: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What we have here is a big box full of Tommee Tippee stuff. Honestly, the box really is big and this would look good wrapped up as a baby shower gift or similar. Plus most of the stuff in it is likely to get used. A lot.

The item description gives a good summary of what's included but I thought I'd skim through it anyway, given that my first (and so far only) born was raised with Tommee Tippee bottles.

First up, you get four of the little 150ml bottles. These are nice enough but if you wanted to, you could skip them completely. Their small size is a bonus, but your mum/dad bag is going to be so huge anyway another couple of centimetres isn't going to hurt. Still you get four teats with these, on top of the four that come with the bigger bottles, and you could always use them as spares.

The 260ml bottles will get a lot of use and will do you until your child in his/her late 2s if you look after them. There is a bottle brush included in the set and you'll need that to get dried up milk out from the recessed of the bottle.

The insulted bottle bags are brilliant and make getting out and about with a wee one in tow slightly less impractical, as do the dispensers (these were known simply as 'pods' on my watch). You measure out your powder into them, then pack them in the bottle bag with a luke warm bottle of boiled water and away you go.

The medium flow teats help future proof the set a little bit as your baby will move on to them sooner than you think. They basically let milk flow at a faster rate meaning junior can get round to the business of turning said milk into poo more quickly. There is a soother (aka dummy) included too but I can't comment on that as my little boy never used them. Not that I'm one of these fanatical soother Nazis, no, I'd have loved little man to have taken to a dummy, even if for the sake of five minutes sleep but there was no fooling him, even at that young age.

Lastly, working through the smaller items, come the teat tongs. Again, I didn't really use these when it was my go but, a little note for the dads - these aren't meant to be used one the wife. Not for a number of months, anyway.

Okay on to the big stuff. The steam steriliser. How I remember it well. Even though an it can take six bottles, I was loading this thing up what felt like five times a day. Honestly, it was like being called to prayer every time we ran out of bottles. Note that you probably will run out of bottles now and again, especially if you've got grandparents helping. Stuff gets split between two or three houses and the same number of cars and you lose track of it. That's parenthood. Anyway, this steamer is a seriously good piece of kit. Ours survived the hungriest baby since records began and went on to do one other before no amount of descaling it would salvage it. In short, don't expect to have to replace it in a hurry, but be prepared to miss it when it's gone.

Last up is the bottle warmer. This is probably the only thing in here that I would not bother with if I was putting a set like this together from scratch. It worked okay, it's just that my son was an erratic feeder and to get any benefit from the bottle warmer, you need advanced warning. As long as you're careful, a microwave should do you. Still, you might have one of these babies that follows the routine you set out for it and if you do, you'll probably use this.

So there you go. This really is a one stop shop for the first time parents in your life. Tommee Tippee is a rightly respected brand. Whether you choose to bottle feed (and don't let the NHS treating you like a second class citizen put you off) or whether you go for a mixture of breast and bottle, this box of tricks will set you up nicely.
Colour: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an excellent starter kit which contains many essential items, and a few handy non-essentials too. It's cheaper than buying separately, and is likely an easier, quicker option - you can buy this set an set your mind at ease. I've reviewed some of the individual items elsewhere: the kit contains 6 bottles, plenty for one baby, an assortment of teats, powder containers and dispensers, bottle brush and insulated bags, and then the big stuff - 2 bottle sterilizers and a bottle warmer. The electric sterilizer is excellent and the smaller travel one is great if you will be away visiting for a few hours or staying away for a few days. Likewise, the bottle warmer is useful if you're on you're travels.
on 13 February 2015
I currently breastfeed but like to express for long car journeys, when daddy would like to help out with the night feed etc. and really like this product. The steriliser is really easy to set up and use and the different size bottle and teats are good. We currently only use the smallest bottle and the no. 1 teat but it's nice to know we already have the next size up when needed without having to rush out to purchase more. The bottle warmer comes in really handy to warm up my expressed milk from the fridge and is also very easy to set up.

The insulated bags also come in handy when travelling as I don't have to worry about my expressed milk going off during a 2 hour car journey / day out. I would recommend to others as it saves a lot of time compared to having to boil everything with a tablet in a pan. It's very handy being able to store the steal isles items inside the steriliser for up to 24 hours.
on 25 July 2015
Excellent starter kit, especially for new parents who are unsure what is needed, contains everything I needed for my newborn. Confusing packaging, with some bottles packaged within the steriliser, meaning that they are hidden. The bottles grow with the baby as the set contains smaller and larger bottles as well as different flow teats. Means you don't have to buy new bottles/teats or upgrade for a good while. Steriliser is a fair size and fits a decent amount of bottles in, however it is not too large that it would take up a lot of counter space or storage room. The powder dispensers need putting together which I found slightly confusing also. No instructions are provided for this, other than this, very efficient packaging and a very good product, especially for first time parents.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Being a first-time parent, this starter kit is great as it has everything you need without worrying about extra bits. Great value for money too - highly recommended.
Colour: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great steriliser set from the trusted Tommy Tippee name.

Individually these items would cat a lot more than they do here, the compact steriliser is a nice side, fits perfectly in the kitchen. There is enough room for four bottles.

The set includes two separate bottle sizes, one larger for a more hungry bubba. If you cannot get the little `un fed in time then Tommy Tippee have kindly included a dummy (the Yanks call them pacifiers, we call then lifesavers!)

The steriliser is simple to use and you get the peace of mind that you are not passing anything nasty into the bubba. They even include insulated milk carriers to keep the milk warm. That was a clever touch.

The design also helps to alleviate colic build-up, the bane of babies and parents.

This is a great set, any new parents would welcome it. Might be a good idea to drop subtle hints to friends and family.
on 20 August 2015
I bought this starter kit before about 3 weeks and didn't arrive but as soon as i contacted amazon it was replaced and sent the same day (yesterday) and arrived today!
I am very happy with this item i have checked steriliser works perfectly fine and everything it says will be in the box are in it - with instructions for steriliser and bottle warmer. Very good kit and at a very good price!
Very easy for anyone who is just
on 10 August 2015
I was lucky as I bought this in the amazon prime day sale and for that price, so worth it. Id have prefered the black one but I panicked due to the 15 min time limit and brought this one without realising the black one was coming up later in the day. Either way, lovely products. My little woman was well impressed (our first baby) and yeah, just brilliant
Colour: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My son is now five months, and we've been using the contents of this kit to bottle-feed him expressed milk since he was born; very happy with the quality of all the items, and everything is still working as well as it did on day one.

The bottles have a nice wide neck, so they're easy to clean, either with the included bottle brush or just a sponge.

Our son took to the "Closer to Nature" teats very easily.

The bottle warmer is fairly fast and effective, and has a thermostat so you can control whether it gets quite hot for quick warming (don't leave the milk too long!) or a lower heat for more gradual warming. Ours has been used several times a day for the last five months and is still going strong.

The steriliser seems to accumulate a brownish deposit between cleanings - it almost looks like rust. I'm not sure if this is some corrosion from the heating plate at the bottom, or a deposit left behind by the evaporation of our (hard) tap water. It stays at the bottom though, and isn't a problem if you're cleaning it regularly, like you probably should!

The insulated travel bottle warmer/coolers are useful when we're out with the boy for a few hours and need to keep a bottle of milk cool and fresh until it's time to use it.

All in all - a great starting point with good quality equipment. We extended our set by buying another 6-pack of the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature 260 ml/9fl oz Feeding Bottles and a couple of packs of Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Milk Storage Lids (4-pack) for storing more expressed milk in the fridge - which has been very useful!
on 19 August 2015
There's sooo much in the pack. Everything u will need for your baby, even includes a dummy/soother
Haven't used the steriliser much yet as Im exclusively breastfeeding, haven't started expressing yet, but hoping to soon then i'l be able to use the bottles & steriliser too.

the box was big too, an ideal baby gift xx