Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£5.49

on 23 August 2014
I bought this because my young son is a fan. Have to say that, although I'm usually more of a rock/alternative fan (see other album reviews), I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this album. Many people slate 1D because they mainly (and understandably) appeal to the younger audience / don't write their own material etc. However, what's wrong with good songs being sung by people who can actually sing? Clearly, most of the songs are constructed around the subject of love...but then again there are 10s of 1000s of artists singing about it. Overall, it's an easy listening, sing song, strum along album containing the odd rocker song that wouldn't be out of place from other artists who don't have the stigma 1D suffer from (i.e. rockers like me who dismiss them because they are too mainstream and furthermore claim they nicked a bit from a Who song - Best Song Ever...man). In my view, 1D are mainstream because they're good and pinching the Who chord progression isn't the end of the world; at least more younger people have now heard of The Who as a result. I am converted to their catchy sing along sounds!
on 7 May 2014
Well worth the money the item was well packed up,could'nt fault anything.Got this for my daughter she is well pleased it came within a week of ordering which was good.It was'nt a rip off price like other sites I know which are selling this record at stupid prices!!!! I would order from them again
We really did enjoy Midnight Memories, the 3rd album from One Direction. Right from the start you can tell how much the lads have come on from both the 1st album, Up All Night, and the 2nd, Take Me Home.

The band have released 4 songs from this album including Best Song Ever, Story of My Life, Midnight Memories, & You & I. The video for You & I also won at the 2015 Brit Awards. So yep, all in all this is a really good album & we still listen to it now.

Track Listings
12. Something Great
13. Little White Lies
14. Better Than Words
on 23 February 2014
Not normally my cup of tea but taking my niece to see them in concert so I thought I'd better familiarise myself with their songs. Well what a pleasant surprise I got. Great CD. I can honestly say I like all of the songs on it and haven't stopped playing it!
Great service, fast delivery. Thank you.
on 6 February 2014
My sister is mad on One Direction, unfortunately she has spent he past year teaching me everything I need to know about them. She even gives me daily updates about their tweets and Instagram pictures.

I hate to say, I don't dislike them half as much as I used to. I prefer these guys over Justin Bieber. Phew. Luckily she doesn't like the JB.

There's no fair few good songs on here, and the rest aren't anything fantastic.

Be warned, if your kid asks to put this on in the car, there's a few very catchy songs that'll drive you insane and pop into your head when you're busy at work. :(

Yes, some of the songs are about being in love and what not, but kids won't really understand them, and they're not overly obvious lyrics that you'll freak out if they repeat them.
on 25 February 2014
This wasn't for me but was for my girlfriend and she loves this album, she always has it playing in her car, but as they are not really my type of genre, they are talented and the albums isn't actually too bad. They have a few good songs which are catchy and Story of My Life is a really good song. Would recommend if you're into the boy bands.
on 21 February 2014
I'm a massive fan of one direction, I got this for Christmas, and I listen to it every day in the car, I'm going to see them in June, with my best friend, and can't wait for them to sing these songs live!
If you don't already have it...BUY IT NOW!!
on 29 November 2013
This is the first One Direction album I have bought after spending the last few years wondering what all the fuss was about. I have downloaded a couple of their other songs in the recent past but bought this album based on the single, 'Story of my Life'.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the average aged listener (I'm probably over ten years older!) but I have been impressed by the mature sound of this record. I also appreciate the fact that the band members have obviously had a lot more input during the writing process and have actually done a good job.

'Story of my Life' was the reason I bought the album so obviously is a stand-out track for me but I also particularly like 'Strong', 'Happily' and 'Through the Dark'. There's a nice mix of more upbeat songs that make you want to dance around the kitchen alongside an almost 'folksie' sound in places. Unfortunately, there are a couple of tracks that are just a bit too cheesy for my tastes (Little Black Dress being one of them) so that's why I've gone with four stars not five.

To say that there are 18 tracks on the version of the album that I have, I think they've done a good job not to have too many 'filler' songs on there.

Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised and impressed by this album and have already shared it with some friends who, like me, haven't really been that bothered about One Direction in the past. If they continue to produce music like this, I'm pretty sure that they'll be appealing to a broader range of people and the average age of fans will go up!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2014
This album is fantastic !!, my two teenage sons are as unruly as they come but having bought this album its intended use as a disciplinary tool has reached unimagined heights. They are now the very definition of the word angelic. The music itself, and I use that term loosely, can only be classed as ear rape but if you want to keep teenage boys in line then look no further. I perhaps have gone to far as now the mere sight of me with the CD player remote in my hand provokes involuntary urination in them followed by a drop to the floor, the adoption of the foetal position, and chanting and head rocking that sounds like a cat going through a woodchipper. In the olden days the failure to clean their room etc etc would result in me having them run round the garden with a wheelbarrow above their heads while I turned the hose on them. As you can imagine this resulted in possible splashback on me. Plus their all night guard stints were very expensive both in the trenches they were made to dig in the garden (it now looks like the Somme) and the thunderflashes I would lob at them should the idle beggars dare to doze off. All that is now in the past !! .. Thank you One Direction !! .. your album of meaningless boyband drivel has saved me time, money and turned me kids into brainwashed well behaved examples who will happily pee themselves in fear should they think I am bout to press play.

Parents .. Buy now before they outlaw it as a form of torture !!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2013
now then I have never been one to buy ' boy band ' take that, no not me some have gone on to be good in their own right some are riding on the backs of others, JLS, never any good, Rough Copy, best thing ever when they disappeared of X factor, then we have 1direction, I heard story of my life and thought this is good I then read reviews about this CD and all where positive so I bought it and yes these boys are good drums, guitar, can I call this rock music and the boys can sing. buy this CD.