on 19 May 2014
Finding a cookery book that deals with yeast and dairy intolerance had proved to be really difficult. I was struggling to find new ideas to keep my 10 year old happy and healthy with these dietary issues. This book has been a godsend, ice cream, cakes, biscuits all the things that children miss are covered. I am using this book so much and have more recipes to try. I have now also bought the earlier book as I have been looking for a soda bread recipe. I would heartily recommend this book to anyone as a fantastic starting point to understanding what can be substituted and how. It has made my life so much easier and my daughter doesn't feel so left out of normal eating.
on 31 July 2014
I have recently found out that I am gluten and dairy intolerant. Although there are lots of 'free from' products on the market it still remains a nightmare buying products that do not contain these items. This book has been my savour, the recipes are easy to follow to not include bazaar never before heard of ingredients and most of all are delicious and easy to cook. Even a novice cook can make tasty and great looking dishes from this amazing book. IMPORTANT MESSAGE in this book is the best tasting chocolate cake I have ever eaten and is worth it for that alone. Do not delay in buying this great book, you will not regret it I promise.
on 23 April 2014
And possibly even better! I love that this book has fewer substitute ingredients - eg egg-replacer - using real foods such as apple puree or flax seed instead.

I haven't had the book long, but have already got addicted to the Bang Bang salad dressing and need to lose the recipe for the far-too-moorish apple cake.

I'd recommend this book for anyone who needs to cook free-from, either daily or for friends. While I only have to avoid wheat myself, a good friend can't eat dairy so it's great that I always have something up my sleeve when we're planning lunch or dinner.
on 22 April 2014
Have been waiting excitingly for the sequel to her successful first book . Fabulous new recipes and great pictures and inspiration .
on 4 July 2014
What a great recipe book. I was beyond excited for this one because her first recipe book blew my mind. Plenty of recipes for all sorts of occasions (al fresco, family favourites) and it's all egg, gluten (mostly, sometimes just wheat), dairy, soy (mostly), and yeast. There's also plenty of nut free recipes. I have no regrets buying this amazing book.
on 29 June 2015
So often, these books are targeted at the 'fashion intolerance' crowd, and offer bland, weight loss fare to try to cash in on a guillible and cash rich scene. Not so this book, which has been a lifeline for my wife and I since we found out that the cause of years of pain and dietary problems was an intolerance to yeast and dairy.

This book gives you the tools to make delicious, full flavoured food while avoiding the pain that these allergies can cause. Essentially, it allows people with genuine intolerances and allergies to eat delicious food and not pay for it after.

Like a lot of readers who have reviewed, I love the chocolate cake, something I never thought we would be able to eat again. The Chilli con Carne is a delicious, slow cooked heaven in a bowl, especially with the corn bread recipe also included. I could go on (and on), but genuinely, there isn't much I'd wholeheartedly endorse, as my review history will attest, but I will happily say I'd pay double for this book.
on 24 April 2014
This book is brilliant! I have many Free-From cookery books and this is already my favourite. The recipes are simple but tasty, with no obscure or hard to find ingredients, just everyday cupboard items. A fantastic book for those who follow both a gluten/wheat and dairy free diet, as all recipes exclude both food groups. Very pleased!
on 20 June 2016
Having been recently diagnosed as Dairy-free I have found this book to be invaluable! I no longer feel deprived of many recipes, but this book has made me excited about trying a number of new recipes, and looking forward to adapting my cooking! This recipe book has the feel of 'this is a quality recipe book', like many of my favs that already don the shelf in the kitchen. The recipes are for all 'free-from' diets, not just dairy, so I hope to be able to adapt them to include 'normal' flour and include eggs etc!! But I can honestly say, it has me more excited about preparing meals, and BAKING! Dairy-free and baked goods don't really go hand-in-hand, but there are lovely recipes for desserts, cakes, cookies, pancakes etc!! And..... the recipes are SOYA-free which I prefer- non-GM foods, so have been experimenting with almond milk, rice milk and coconut milk instead! If you buy this book you won't be disappointed!
on 17 August 2015
I haven't (fully) used any of the recipes as yet as I'm just recovering from allergic reaction so having to do an exclusion diet for a little while.
Having said that, there are many recipes that I feel will be great and not challenging to cook or complete.
There are colour pictures for most (but NOT ALL) recipes.
Disappointed in the freezer section as only two none meat recipes there. But I guess I can substitute the meat for my needs.
I do like that at the top of each recipe there is a 'quick view' so it tells you at a glance that it's Gluten free, Egg free, Nut free, etc ...
It's a beautiful high quality paper (Hardcover) book, well presented, with lovely photos.
A few helpful tips in the grey pages at the front and back of the book.
There are also a few more little recipes in the back grey (Glossary) section.
Would make a great gift :-)
on 23 April 2014
After buying Pippa's first book The Intolerant Gourmet (which became my cooking bible) I couldn't wait for her 2nd book to be released.

This is another fab book filled to the brim with lots of Free From recipes to suit everyone's needs.

There is a really nice range of sweet and savory recipes with great ingredients and easy to follow instructions. She includes accompaniment suggestions and lovely photos of the finished recipes throughout the book.

I've tried quite a few of the recipes already. They have all been delicious and complimented by family and friends (excuse the pun but its true).

Pippa has yet again written a perfect Free From cook book proving that people with allergies and intolerance's never have to miss out on yummy food.

Congratulations :)