on 12 December 2013
This is the third product I have used from this company and I have yet to be disappointed.
It is fair to say that if you are looking for style over substance then you should probably be looking at apple products, but if you want something that works without breaking the bank then this is ideal.

Inside the (recycleable) box is the keyboard, the case, and instruction book / returns booklet. If you are an environmently friendly type, you will be pleased that there is no unnecessary plastic pacakaging. They also include a micro USB charging cable. (This is different to the usual mini USB connector that you usually have with cameras)

The case itself is a very tough black plastic. It fits securely on my Ipad 3 and protects both the back and the screen. I'm not going to try it, but I would guess it would protect the Ipad from being dropped.I think it would also protect the Ipad when being carried in a suitcase or bag.

There are cutouts for all the controls including the camera. It is reasonably light - it weighs 325gm and is comfortable to hold. It has a little magnetic flap which folds over the front to stop the front cover from falling open by accident.

It works as a stand as well as a case, but as a stand, it balances rather than locks in to place. I tend to use the Ipad on my lap rather than as a TV so that didn't cause any difficulties.

The keyboard is extremely light, about 120gms. It is very easy to connect by bluetooth. You just press the connect button on the keyboard, a 4 digit number appears on the Ipad screen and you type that in. It paired in less than 5 seconds. The keys are responsive and although you probably wouldn't need the keyboard for a quick email, it is ideaal if you need to type a letter or long message.

The keyboard has all the usual buttons, some shortcut buttons for brightness, volume etc as well as the Apple OS option/command keys.

As an added extra it works perfectly with my Apple TV and is a lot easier than using the Apple TV on screen keyboard.

For me, it is important that the keyboard is detachable (magnetic). As I don't think I will take the keyboard out with, with the Ipad.

The only minor issue for me was that there doesn't seem to be a separate magnet built in to the case front flap, to make the Ipad sleep automatically. Also - I'm not sure about the description of "Synthetic leather" I would call it plastic. Overall though, these are minor niggles and I am very happy with the product.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 September 2013
If you are looking for a good quality ipad cover and keyboard, this is the one.
Outside is a tough durable faux leather, with a magnetic clip - to keep the case closed and a horizontal stand. Compared to other cases of this type it is both light and strong. The case has the magnets which allow the automatic sleep/wake for the ipad.

Inside - the ipad is securely fitted from the inside of the case and is held in a lip that sits underneath the ipad.

The Keyboard is flat and is also covered with the same material as the case. It has two magnets that hold it securely in position
The keys are slightly springy and quiet. The keys are a good size and should be fine for all hand sizes. The bluetooth is very easy to set up, even if you have never paired bluetooth devices. The ipad will request 4 digits to be typed and then press enter.
The keyboard has an automatic power saving mode which enters a sleep mode if it has been idle for 15mins. To reactivate the keyboard just press any key. The keyboard has an on and off switch. If you don't want the keyboard for the holiday trip, you can take it out and have a slimmer case.

The package comes with a micro usb cable to charge the keyboard. This can be charge with any USB port on a computer or power adapter(even the apple ones).

Overall - a great keyboard for anyone who wishes to have a good sized keyboard with case. I have really enjoyed using the keyboard and now rarely use my laptop.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest
on 13 January 2014
First Product was missing a pair of magnets from the stand flap, Anker Direct promptly replaced this and did not require the original to be returned. The second unit was perfect.

Keyboard worked fine and the overall quality of the product is good, for the money its really worth it.
on 10 February 2014
Half the price of other devices of this type and works very well. Only gripe is that it loses Bluetooth connection when you close the ipad and you have to go through settings to set it it up every time you use it. Its no big deal especially when you consider the price. I would recommend this product.
on 5 February 2014
This is a well made product, there was a very small problem with the first case I received I contacted the Customer Service and they sent me a new cover which is fine. Any product can have a problem it is how the Company deals with it and Anker dealt with it very well. The keyboard is easy to use and I now very rarely use the laptop I also have. The cover does not restrict the IPAD screen and I can get it out easily if I need to, likewise the keyboard is easy to remove if you wish to only take the IPAD out with you. I recommend this item to anyone.
on 26 November 2013
This is the best cover I have had for my iPad 3, keyboard is not flimsy, detaches so easy but goes back cleanly. Ipad is held securely but more importantly it feels right. Bluetooth connection is easy, battery life good, keys feel robust. I would highly recommend.
on 5 January 2014
Not the cheapest but well worth the money. Keyboard is off good size and key touch response is just right. The fact that the keyboard removes as it is just held by magnetism, is a big bonus. The case is smart and protects the iPad well. Only comment is that I would have liked the choice of several different colours - this was for my young daughter and the stardard black executive is rather traditional. Jaz it up guys!
on 18 October 2013
I have found this keyboard and case extremely useful. The case protects my iPad and is well made. The keyboard has a light but positive touch and the battery charge seems to last forever, despite the fact I use my iPad constantly.

It was not expensive and I have used it for several weeks before making a comment so I could be sure it was going to be reliable. I am very happy with my purchase.
on 27 March 2014
My initial review was: "3 months later the keyboard is faulty and the magnets continually switch the iPad on and off - flattens battery". However, having written this I was approached by Anker and had a very good response from them. They immediately offered to replace the faulty item without delay. I am extremely happy with this after sales service.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 14 April 2014
Got this gift for my father in law, was not sure it would work as simple as that as thought my dinosaur in law would struggle to use it. But was simple and self explanatory and delivery was top draw