on 26 May 2014
Been a fan of Katy B since seeing her at my first Glastonbury in 2011. I loved her current CD, 'On a mission', out at the time and went to see her again at The Manchester Apollo soon after, on the strength of her talented performance and warm connection with her audience, while performing at the festival.
When 'little Red' was released on vinyl earlier this year, I didn't hesitate to place an order through Amazon, hoping for more of her unique dub- mixed style, added to her finely honed vocal abilities. Sadly the actual vinyl release was delayed by some time as Amazon pointed out, but thankfully, I download the included MP3 rip- version and what a surprise!. A couple of years on and what a pleasant difference. A more matured music style and an even more precise vocal delivery, its become one of my most played albums and easily one of my all time top ten best ever...... can the girl get any better?!. Well actually yes, by way of her album finally turning up on vinyl only just last week (3 months or so later, but all credit to Amazon, the Vinyl was finally hand delivered on a 'Sunday' of all days, as notified by text the previous day, now that's service for you!!).
The Album itself is on 'two' E.P. style pressings, unusually playing at 33rpm, but of exceptional production and sound quality, at least to a newbie audiophile like myself. Enhancing the musicology of 'Little red' to the next level from CD and helping to enrich my whole enjoyment of the relatively new found vinyl renaissance that I'm currently experiencing( I'm a young minded 52 year old!). Cant wait for her next offering when eventually its created....

Again, all credit to Amazon for the outstanding service I've always received. Thank you.
on 19 February 2014
If you're going to spend over three years putting together a pop album, you might as well make sure it's packed with hooks and hits, which Little Red undoubtedly is.

It's gone straight in at Number One, of course, and a lot of those purchases will have been of the Deluxe version - which is well worth the extra spend, for the extra tracks, sure - but mainly because the continuous mix of re-ordered tracks, and occasionally reworked versions really does compensate for the more mainstream vibe of Little Red overall (compared with its predecessor, On A Mission).

Best of all, it hints at the proper housed-up treats we can look forward to when MONSTER tracks like Aaliyah and I Like You get the remix treatment, as I think we can expect they will.

Katy's duet with Jessie Ware manages to be hypnotic, with a killer chorus, swirling, insistent self-vocalled backing, AND suberbly produced, with interesting, stripped-down electro sounds, yet this is the one that we'll be hearing on daytime radio in ten years' time. And when Jessie's deliciously chilly, semi-detached solo comes in, an already instant hit becomes twice as effective, just like that - hope it gives her the international profile SHE's been denied up to now.

You've heard 5am and Crying For No Reason, so no need to tell you about those - both very strong. Where both the regular version of Little Red and the continuous mix fall down a little bit for me (but, I'm sure, NOT for millions of downloaders worldwide) is where the production and vocals get a bit - whisper it - Rihanna-ish. I'm talking about All My Loving, Emotions, Hot Like Fire, Still and Wicked Love. On the bonus disk, most of these are shoved on towards the end.

I Like You, on the other hand comes across like Show Me Love (Robyn S) Part 2 - pure mid-90s bliss. Blue Eyes is two-step heaven with a sassy, fun lyric and Sky's The Limit (you'll have to buy the Deluxe version, pop-pickers) is a classic, defiant break-up song with a...err, sassy, fun lyric. Remixed expertly enough (and she 's barely put a foot wrong so far), I reckon that could even be another single - although I love it just as it is (I don't know how many of you reading this will remember Cathy Dennis as a singer, rather than a songwriter - LOL). Special mention also to Play (feat. Sampha) and the shimmering, melodic Sapphire Blue.

VERY hard to predict how many singles could be milked from this album though. Might be a lot! In a recent interview, Katy said that when she goes to Brixton McDonalds in the wee small hours, `I still do it, but I pull my hoodie up a bit more.'

Don't think you're going to have much time for that for the next couple of years, luv - your feet won't be touching the ground long enough ;o)
on 13 February 2014
Katy B's second album little red is nothing short of stunning!..her amazing voice propels these dance tracks sky high making the already brilliant productions much more than what they already are giving them real emotion and weight which is rarely heard of in this genre of music!.katy B is one of our most exciting artists we have in the industry at the moment!(i know everyone's prob heard this all before)but i would definitely go as far to say she's(our)the uk's answer to the next Madonna keeping one foot in the underground,and one in the mainstream.little red is full of pumping house tracks that remind you of being in the 90's but also sounding fresh for the noughties:-)..its not just house there is some r&b,dub step and pop mixed in too every track is stunning and innovative..much like on a mission her first album but goes one step crying for no reason is just such a brilliant pop/dance ballad crossover and her voice on this track is nothing short of AMAZING!..if you haven't already done so buy this album..the dance album of the year!!
on 3 June 2015
Katy B deserves much credit and respect for all the hard work that she has put into this album. Her vocals are on point and really compliment the choice of music. I found it was very diverse in terms of tempo and emotions which I personally adore when it comes to albums.
In comparison to her debut album, this is by far her best and I think it is very evident that she has grown and progressed to quite a high degree.
on 28 August 2014
I first bought 2 other of Katy B singles from Amazon. I loved them as I could dance to them and do my house-work to them (very important ;-) I decided to buy this album and I have not been disappointed. I bought the Mp3 version and it is stuck on my player. I also bought the CD version which I do play on my dvd player as its quicker and its great. I love it. I could listen to it all day.
on 1 July 2014
Brilliant album have heard a few tracks before purchasing, I have always been a fan of Katy B have her first album which is more underground. This album is more funky house and I do love funky house I must say its refreshing. I must say amazon are excellent, once again I ordered yesterday morning and it was delivered today, cant wait to get into my car after work and blast the tunes.
on 2 August 2014
In an age where we don't buy albums any more (and I'm as guilty as anyone on this) got to say this definitely worth the money. Lots of great tracks. No fillers. Mellow through to dance. I buy about 5 albums a year these days, pleased I picked this one up.
on 23 February 2014
Wasn't sure on the album at first as its quite different from the first but within a week I loved it. Feels a more polished and focused effort than On a Mission but you'll find you still happily listen to both due to the difference.
on 23 March 2014
Less raw dubstep, more mainstream overall than Mission. Credit to her for co-writing all the material and giving good value on the deluxe pack with several extra songs. No vinyl option, I wonder why not?
on 17 June 2014
probably just personal taste on my part but only like 1 track on this cd and it was the track I had heard of fast delivery