Format: DVDChange

on 27 October 2015
So, I had the classic dilemma - I wanted to get fitter and lose weight, but gyms are my idea of hell, and I almost felt that I needed to drop a couple of dress sizes before I could step foot in an exercise class...But I love Miranda, so I thought I'd give this a go (it doesn't come with maracas, just so you know). It is brilliant! The comedy sketches in between each section are just what you'd expect from Miranda (I tend to skip these when I'm doing the workout, but they're worth a watch before or after), and her commentary throughout each workout is fantastic - she says exactly what you're thinking, and makes you feel like a normal person for being red, sweaty and out of breath! And trust me, you will be - this is a bona fide exercise DVD, which really does get your pulse racing and your muscles working! There are different levels of intensity, so you can push yourself as hard as you want - I'm starting with the low intensity (following what Miranda does), and I'm already seeing and feeling the benefit! The truly beautiful thing about this DVD is that afterwards, you forget the sweat and the ache and the effort, and you just remember smiling and waving maracas around to some epic tunes (seriously, the soundtrack is immense!), which is why I am motivated to keep doing this DVD regularly (it all comes flooding back to me once about I'm 10 minutes in, but by then I've started!). I seriously can't recommend Maracattack highly enough - if you're thinking about it, then go for it!
on 19 November 2013
I think this DVD has proven once and for all that their is nothing that Miranda can not make funny. In this feature length special (a whopping ninety minutes) Miranda creates her own very unique, and hilariously funny, version of a fitness DVD with all her friends from the cast of hit BBC show Miranda - and this special has all the charm off the show. The DVD features 60 minutes of 'excercising' to pop classics Miranda style (which will have you in fits while losing weight) and then 30 minutes of exclusive sketches.

Many fitness DVD's are just boring - but this is far from it. You will end up laughing more than excercising (although I think that was the aim). My personal favourite moment has to be the sketch when Miranda places Wotsits on the excercise machine and waits for them to roll down!

This DVD has all the charm of 'Miranda'; and even better it is exclusive to DVD so it's 90 minutes of brand new material - it's an absolute joy and I reccomend to every Miranda fan. It's not just a boring fitness DVD - far from it. :D
33 comments166 of 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2015
This is the perfect excercise DVD! It combines fitness and fun! In the past I have hated doing excerise DVD's due to lack of leverage for somone not as fit. In this DVD it gives you the chance to do low intensity for beginners or the high intensity for the more fit people. This DVD is so fun to do and I just want to donit again and again. It works every part of the body and I feel fitter every time I do it. You dont have to buy maracas you can make them like she shows you out of water bottles like I did. I think I shall be using this DVD for a long time.
on 29 November 2013
Brought this as love Miranda series, wasn't sure if it was an actual serious exercise DVD, but turns out it was,(after borrowing some of my child's maracas) actually found it really was quite funny to do and for the 1st time ever wasn't counting down the minutes till the end of the exercise DVD and like how it is split into sections so you can choose what you fancy doing though the 20 minute cardio is my favourite, would defiantly recommend if your sick of most other exercise DVDS!!!!
0Comment74 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 March 2015
Can't remember if I ever had so much fun doing exercise. Loved the music, Miranda made it fun and a lot of the exercises can be turned into dancing moves. :) I can actually see myself doing parts of this routine a couple of times a week and actually enjoy the workout.
on 2 September 2015
I love this! I am not usually into fitness dvds but this one made me chuckle! Its a great laugh and fun to take part in! Miranda is such a great person! Full of life and energy and thats exactly what this dvd is all about! Absolutely brilliant! Making fitness fun (or should I say SUCH FUN!)
on 30 December 2013
Just what I expected five stars as usual What else would you get from Miranda Lots of laughs all the way through
0Comment17 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2014
you should really only buy this if your a Miranda fan ! cuz it be pointless! my gosh, after an hour of doing this exercise I was on the floor , you can defo loose weight by doing this, and its fun at the same to ! Ii didn't realise how much of a work out this would be !
on 23 February 2014
This DVD is so funny you actually forget you re working out! Until the next morning!!
Really need to get some maracas though as they will definitely enhance the experience!
Excellent price and super quick dispatch
Many thanks
on 7 September 2014
A very good dvd! Lots of chuckles on the way. I bought the maracas too but to be honest I got fed up of them! But I really enjoy the video if you're not a fitness fanatic but want some fun doing exercise.