on 25 October 2014
This is NOT GENUINE apple product!!! I had been using apple earpods since it came with my iPhone 5. I know exactly how the sound quality and the product look like. As soon as I open the cover of the box, I noticed that is not genuine. The box was flimsy. The earpods and cords are hard (harder than genuine product). I even compared it with my broken genuine ear pods. There are three openings on the pod. One big opening from which we listen to the music and two small openings for acoustic effect. All of them are covered with mesh. This one DOESN'T at the opening near the cord. It is closed with white plastic from the inside. The sound quality is nothing like the genuine product. I can immediately spot the high base and muffled music. THIS IS A CHEAT. Avoid it at all cost. If somebody know how to report this fake product to Amazon, pls do so.
review image
66 comments242 of 248 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2014
These headphones are not the genuine article, they broke a week in to using them (falling apart literally), and have a terrible sound quality. Do not buy.
on 13 January 2015
The seller has lied stating that the earphones are real and are genuine from apple. Please don't waste your money and time buying this product.
on 16 August 2014
Terrible!! The jack broke and is now inside my iphone socket and means I can not make calls or listen to music
11 comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 November 2015
The are without doubt FAKE Apple Earpods. There are extraordinarily good fakes, very convincing - but fakes none the less.

Here's how I could tell: (this requires a genuine set to compare with. How do you know if they're genuine? Because they came with your iPhone or iPod or you bought them from an Apple Store. I bought these from Amazon, not a third part seller through Amazon; Amazon themselves - if a company like that can get hoodwinked into passing these as genuine, I'm worried other stores will too.

1. Sound quality. This was actually the biggest giveaway. They're OK, but I listen to a lot of audiobooks, podcasts and classical music. There's one piece of music I've been listening to a lot recently with 2 classical male vocals. A high tenor voice comes crashing in and on my 2 pairs of genuine Earpods - this is very clearly defined. On these fakes, it sounded dull and the voice was almost drowned away. I would hate for people to buy these thinking they're genuine and come away thinking that's how Apple Earpods sound. Genuine ones are surprisingly good for in-ear earphones.

2. The cabling. These fakes are microscopically narrower than the genuine article - again, only really detectable when comparing to a pair of genuine ones. The feel is also slightly more slippy. Genuine ones have a bit of friction.

3. The case. The case is also exceptionally well done, but very close examination of the moulding reveals very small differences in the chamfer around the edges. I thought this might be due to genuine manufacturing changes by Apple's suppliers, but both my genuine pairs - one from my recent iPhone 6s Plus, and the others from my iPhone 5 (the first iPhone to come with them) are identical to each other but not these fakes.

4. More of the case. The clear plastic lid of the case also has some slightly sharp edges and imperfections which my genuine ones do not.

5. Text. The printing of L and R on the earpieces are slightly too bold comapred to the genuine ones, the 'Designed by Apple in California' along the cable is much more faint.

Don't get taken in by these. They're very good fakes. If you've got nothing to compare them to, you'd be easily fooled.

Having said that - for £9, you're getting what you pay for - and in that context, they're ok, but don't listen to these and think they're what genuine Apple Earpods sound like. They are vastly inferior in that respect.

Worth 2 or 3 stars as generic £9 headphones, but 1 star for being passed off by Amazon as genuine.
on 15 January 2015
Item doesn't work correctly. The person on the other end can only hear crackling. I thought it may just be a faulty pair so contacted seller to ask for a replacement but had no reply. Therefore I wouldn't buy again.
on 2 May 2014
After losing the originals that came with my iPhone, I really needed a replacement asap. The last thing I wanted was a fake, and supposing there are supposedly so many on Amazon: I wanted to ensure I was getting the real thing. I was on the verge of forking out the full £25 from Apple themselves (which is a complete rip off, they're good, but they're not that good) when I came across this product.

The reviews were the most positive I had seen, and thats what encouraged me to get them. They come in the package shown (something the fake one's supposedly don't), which was encouraging, and the music quality is very good. I have compared these one's the real thing (which I ended up finding) and they are identical in look, and sound quality; thus leading me to believe that this is real thing (thank god.) I personally have Spotify Premium, and therefore I have the extreme music quality function, and as I say, these earpods can deliver this quality; again this is one of the comparisons I made when comparing these to my old pair.

I have come across the fakes which cost next to nothing, and there is a distinct difference in the product (hopefully not just the placebo effect that because I paid considerably more that ive got the better/real product.) The fakes have poor music quality, and will break with just a tap.

The only slight suspicion I had was that the volume control was a little unresponsive, sometimes when trying to change the sound level it wouldn't register your click; I don't know whether over time I have got used to this, or whether its fixed itself. But otherwise, the only suspicion I could have is that it wasn't dispatched from Apple themselves.

Im convinced that they are the real thing, and if they're not, you're still getting your moneys worth!
0Comment86 of 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2014
Stopped working after using about 3 times, don't think they are genuine. Not impressed.
on 22 March 2014
Most other pairs of earphones i have bought have just broken after a month or so and didn't have great sound qualities. These instantly made such an amazing sound. Would recommend to anyone :)
on 5 November 2014