on 21 February 2014
Well, this is such a bargain I had to write a review! Came preset to Arabic or something, which made navigating the menus tricky, but once I had found out how to reset the language, all was ok. The firmware didn't like my micro SD card, but I loaded Rockbox onto the Clip Zip and now it works brilliantly and sounds amazing! I bought a 16GB card, so got the Clip Zip with a total of 20GB capacity for under £30. Amazing value! Not something you can use straight out of the box (at least, mine wasn't), but if you're prepared to search the net for answers, you can end up with a great sounding, tiny portable music player. With Rockbox installed, it plays pretty much any digital music format, including a load I've never even heard of before.
on 22 February 2014
Quite impressed with this mp3 player. Better sound quality than a certain fruity brand and cheaper. Not as intuitive to use but pretty simple. One of the few that includes songs on the micro SD card as part of the library. If you install the Rockbox firmware it's even better and goes much louder, useful after a youth spent deafening myself with loud rock concerts and motorcycles. I can still hear a decent range of frequencies, I just need a bit more volume and once rockboxed, this gives it to me.
on 10 March 2014
I got this for use in the gym and on my bike. It works well, the sound and volume is fine, the battery could be a bit better but it's fine.

It charges by usb or using the same charger as Samsung or HTC phones, which is handy.

It's not the slickest piece of tech you'll ever own but it is very well suited for those looking to bring something very light along for a run, cycle or workout.

I use it with MediaMonkey and sync etc all work very well
on 5 May 2015
this is my second sansa clip after a few weeks of getting it it started to act up and after a month it no longer works i have tried everything holding buttons down and connecting to my computer but it refuses to turn on. my previous sansa clip lasted a year at least, very dissapointed with my new one. its also a refurb too, obviously something wasnt fixed. it seems as the sansa clip mp3 players are getting worse.
Apart from that the sound quality is great and it has a great equaliser that you can personalise.
ps any recommendations for something quite simular and not the same brand?
on 19 April 2015
As far as MP3 players go it is a very good product, I bought a refurbished unit as it was cheaper and there is not really a difference ,there is a print on the device so avoid for gifts and buy the new version.

Pros :
- very light and a clip to keep it on
- easy upload of songs using media player
-amazing capacity with 4g
-Playlists

Cons :
-Volume limitation, if you use with noise cancellation it's great but not as loud as what you would get on a phone
on 4 October 2014
This took a lot of getting used to. My previous mp3 player was a samsung and 2gb; it cost I think £10 as it was old technology by the time I got round to buying one.
I bought this for maybe £30 as a recondtitioned item. I downloaded 'Rockbox' onto it. This is I think a different operating system which a lot of websites said is better. Rockbox is free but a faff to install. To help you I'd say, download the rockbox 'how to use' instructions and at the beginning of the document it explains what to do.
Pros:
the sound quality is really good, better than the samsung. I was surprised to hear extra bits in my favourite music.
It has huge amounts of memory, not twice as much as the samsung, far far more. I didn't even bother buying extra memory.
It can go nice and loud. I like popular science podcasts /downloads like Dr Karl and the naked scientist, frontiers etc and some scientists mumble or speak very quietly.. but this device can make them loud and I can hear them,

Cons: the text is really tiny and with my old eyes unreadable, and in sunlight I simply can't see it. But I remember the position of the item on the menu and I can guess.. for example 'resume playback' is longer than the surrounding options and about 3rd from the top so even though it's small and faint I can see it.
Also the maunual is not well written. I don't think they ever are.
The use of the buttons is not intuiative, so the top on/off button is also 'back a level'
all in all i'm really pleased with it.
on 18 April 2014
This is the first and only mp3 player I have owned and I am pleasantly surprised. I have a recording studio at home with some very good speakers in and I quite used to listening to audio in a critical manner. So, given the size and price of this device I can honestly say it does a very good job indeed. My only gripe would be that the ear phone get a bit uncomfortable after a while.
on 12 March 2014
This is a really great little mp3 player - and it really is little! I'd say it's only about two inches tall!
I'm not really a music buff so I don't know much about bass quality etc but I was impressed with the sound quality I got from it using my own headphones (Philips SHL3000PP)
However I do have a few minor complaints - the headphones that came with this mp3 player did not work - sound only came through the right and not the left earbud. Not really an issue for me as I didn't need them.
Also the headphone port seems strangely tight.. I have to really push to get the headphone jack all the way in. The first few times I used it I just put the jack halfway in as I felt like if I pushed it any harder I'd break the whole mp3 player. But I got it in in the end. Not sure if I'll ever get it back out though..

These are minor complaints though when you consider the player is less than £20. I'd heartily reccommend it for the money.
on 14 May 2014
This is a brilliant little mp3 player; so tiny, yet gives a fantastic sound, which is even better than the quality I get from my much more expensive Cowan mp3. I keep this in the car and it's perfect, with plenty of thumping bass, which fills the space without distortion. Excellent value for money.
on 22 May 2014
I absolutely love this. The price is really good for such a small versatile gadget. I get a really good output when playing mp3s and it is so easy to download audio books. The radio is also provides excellent reception. If you don't need Bluetooth it is perfect and it is so easy to carry in your pocket.