on 21 February 2014
Well, this is such a bargain I had to write a review! Came preset to Arabic or something, which made navigating the menus tricky, but once I had found out how to reset the language, all was ok. The firmware didn't like my micro SD card, but I loaded Rockbox onto the Clip Zip and now it works brilliantly and sounds amazing! I bought a 16GB card, so got the Clip Zip with a total of 20GB capacity for under £30. Amazing value! Not something you can use straight out of the box (at least, mine wasn't), but if you're prepared to search the net for answers, you can end up with a great sounding, tiny portable music player. With Rockbox installed, it plays pretty much any digital music format, including a load I've never even heard of before.
on 22 February 2014
Quite impressed with this mp3 player. Better sound quality than a certain fruity brand and cheaper. Not as intuitive to use but pretty simple. One of the few that includes songs on the micro SD card as part of the library. If you install the Rockbox firmware it's even better and goes much louder, useful after a youth spent deafening myself with loud rock concerts and motorcycles. I can still hear a decent range of frequencies, I just need a bit more volume and once rockboxed, this gives it to me.
on 4 October 2014
This took a lot of getting used to. My previous mp3 player was a samsung and 2gb; it cost I think £10 as it was old technology by the time I got round to buying one.
I bought this for maybe £30 as a recondtitioned item. I downloaded 'Rockbox' onto it. This is I think a different operating system which a lot of websites said is better. Rockbox is free but a faff to install. To help you I'd say, download the rockbox 'how to use' instructions and at the beginning of the document it explains what to do.
the sound quality is really good, better than the samsung. I was surprised to hear extra bits in my favourite music.
It has huge amounts of memory, not twice as much as the samsung, far far more. I didn't even bother buying extra memory.
It can go nice and loud. I like popular science podcasts /downloads like Dr Karl and the naked scientist, frontiers etc and some scientists mumble or speak very quietly.. but this device can make them loud and I can hear them,

Cons: the text is really tiny and with my old eyes unreadable, and in sunlight I simply can't see it. But I remember the position of the item on the menu and I can guess.. for example 'resume playback' is longer than the surrounding options and about 3rd from the top so even though it's small and faint I can see it.
Also the maunual is not well written. I don't think they ever are.
The use of the buttons is not intuiative, so the top on/off button is also 'back a level'
all in all i'm really pleased with it.
on 13 February 2014
Excellent bit of kit at an excellent price, quality player and feels good to use, not the smallest around, but my favourite.
on 10 March 2014
I got this for use in the gym and on my bike. It works well, the sound and volume is fine, the battery could be a bit better but it's fine.

It charges by usb or using the same charger as Samsung or HTC phones, which is handy.

It's not the slickest piece of tech you'll ever own but it is very well suited for those looking to bring something very light along for a run, cycle or workout.

I use it with MediaMonkey and sync etc all work very well
on 3 August 2014
Bought this because google search said its sound quality is comparable to super high-end players. Reviews on this thing say it breaks for no reason and that made me wary spending money on this thing but I wanted to at least check out the sound quality. Besides people are much more likely to tell about a bad experience than about a good one (I see the irony here :D). So I got a refurb. I compared the sound quality with my old 2nd gen ipod shuffle and I couldn't tell the difference at all, a few songs had slightly less backround noise but nothing else. I do own a decent pair of headphones (Westone 4r), I used 320 kbps music, my ears are ok, and I have 9 years of musical education if that counts.

I think the sound quality talk is either absolute bulls*** made up by shills to market this thing or is reserved for people with superman-hearing.

If you absolutely have to buy it then it's okay as long as it works, I still liked it more than my iPhod shuffle. I think it looks neat and the ability to use an SD card is really useful. Nothing complicated about adding music, drag and drop into folders. Cool thing to have for the price.

But yeah, it absolutely broke. Took about 2 weeks or 20 hours of listening. I advise you go buy something else.
on 28 March 2014
This is fantastic, exactly what I was looking for - a tiny and lightweight player with a good amount of storage for all different kinds of music. It just doesn't weigh anything! Which is great because I carry a lot of stuff around on a daily basis so can get weighed down if I have heavy stuff with me.There's just one little problem, the 'clip' part isn't very strong. I often wear it on the lapel of my winter coat, which is great when standing still on a crowded train or sitting still on a bus, but when I start to walk either the headphone cable catches on something and pulls the Sansa off my lapel, or even if something brushes against it (like if someone pushes through the crowd to get off a train) it just slides off easily. It doesn't have much 'grip'. But then, because it's so lightweight it just dangles on the end of the headphone cable so I can 'catch' it easily! But I'd rather it clipped on more securely. Apart from that, it plays very well (the sound quality is excellent), starts up/shuts down nice and quickly, and has a nice choice of lists as to how you want to listen to your music (choose by artists, songs, albums). Great value for money!
on 12 February 2014
happy with the 3 sandisks i bought. good quality and would recommend for other to use. no fuss at all and happy
on 12 March 2014
This is a really great little mp3 player - and it really is little! I'd say it's only about two inches tall!
I'm not really a music buff so I don't know much about bass quality etc but I was impressed with the sound quality I got from it using my own headphones (Philips SHL3000PP)
However I do have a few minor complaints - the headphones that came with this mp3 player did not work - sound only came through the right and not the left earbud. Not really an issue for me as I didn't need them.
Also the headphone port seems strangely tight.. I have to really push to get the headphone jack all the way in. The first few times I used it I just put the jack halfway in as I felt like if I pushed it any harder I'd break the whole mp3 player. But I got it in in the end. Not sure if I'll ever get it back out though..

These are minor complaints though when you consider the player is less than £20. I'd heartily reccommend it for the money.
on 9 March 2014
very small unit well packaged works very well only disappointing thing came without instructions but easy to find at the website sounds very good using a proper set of headphones