2,810
Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Style Name: Device OnlyChange
Price:£20.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 16 June 2014
I've always used a traditional approach to hard skin on my feet. I usually soak them, dry them, then sit rubbing them with a foot file or pumice stone. It's worked for me, and I didn't see any reason to change my method. Until I tried the Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi.

I was quite excited to receive it, and my first pleasant suprise was how easy it was to get out of the packaging, which sounds a minor detail but as this product would be really useful for elderly people, I think it's worth mentioning that they won't struggle to even get it out of the packet.

It's a very simple product - you put in AA batteries, then turn the silver ring on the handle and it whizzes into action. Just hold the spinning bar against your hard skin and watch it fly off in a fine white dust.

It's beyond easy, and can be used on dry feet so no need to soaking which means I can do my feet daily if I want or need to, keeping them super-soft and gorgeous all the time.

I found the comfortable ergonomic handle really nice to use, and although I'm very flexible, it was nice not to have to bed so much as when using a foot file - the extra length provided by the handle means it would be great for people with mobility problems such as the eldery or someone pregnant.

It's also a very manly device. In blue and silver, it's not girly, and my husband was happy to grab it and give it a go - "it's like a power tool for feet!" he said, which I think is a positive vote.

Yes, it seems pricey at first, at around £40 (although it's on offer on Amazon at the moment), but as it can be used safely by all the family, will last forever apart from occasional changes of the rotating bar, and is extremely portable, it is definitely worth it.

Mine has earned a permanent place in my bathroom, and my poor foot file is feeling rather neglected.

PROS:
Easy and quick to use
Attractive item in non-gender-specific colours
Effective
Good for people with mobility/flexibility issues

CONS:
Initial cost

Overall, I'd definitely recommend the Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I am 44. Prior to owning and using this product I had always considered my feet to be hooves. Now they are beautifully smooth, and resemble a human foot. I wish I had used this product earlier! Fabulous stuff.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Style Name: Device OnlyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Over the years I've bought and reviewed hard skin removers and I've received a few of these devices to test and review from Amazon. So I have a little experience of the benefits of these machines.

They all are much of the same BUT I guarantee that when you actually get one and use it you too will be amazed at just how good the results are

I have hard skin on my feet.
When you reach a certain age this is one of the things you develop along with.... Well I don't need to go into that here do I??

I was quite frankly amazed with the results.
After singing the praises of this machine I persuaded my wife to try it.

Now she does have hard skin from years of Badminton, squash and sports.
The results were excellent also so we are both converts to this form of getting hard skin from your feet.

So when offered the Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover I was very interested as most of the others have been Emjo machines.

So this review may be slightly different from others in that I actually am comparing hard skin removers from different companies.

The first thing you notice is that they actually operate on the same principle.
The coarse covered roller is powered by a battery and spins.
You hold it by the handle and apply to your foot's hard skin.
the machine is similar to the Emjo and works well.
Really well.

You will be amazed at the cloud of 'dust' which comes off the soles of your feet.

And compared to the Emjo it works just as well.
Where the Emjo has the edge, if you will pardon my pun, is that the Emjo come with two rollers with differing coarseness. So you can pick and chose but have two for the price of one.
Scholl have missed a trick here maybe?

Now a few tips from an old pro.

1. To get the best results you should wash your feet well first- this gets rid of a lot of stuff and lets the dog see the rabbit so to speak.
In other words soap and water are a heck of a lot cheaper than the roller replacements.
If you can get rid of a whole lot of hard skin easily before this means you are not wasting the rollers life and in a way your own by time.
Make sure you really dry the feet before using the rollers

2. Don't press too hard- this only slows the rollers and makes the motor groan like a 'past its sell by date Zeppelin'.

3. Apply gentle and I do mean gentle pressure ensures the roller really smoothes the hard skin.
Let the machine do the work for you.
It's just like going for a professional manicure. You don't file your nails down you let her do her job. Likewise you let the machine do its job.

4. A warning- there's dust! A fine cloud of...... well let's face it.. it is `you', your dust that is given off so make sure you do it somewhere where bits of you won't clog up stuff? Over the bath/toilet/bidet seems fine.

5. It says you can clean the rollers and machine with water under the tap.
I think an old toothbrush ensures a good clean and makes the rollers last longer.

6. Don't waste money by buying a replacement set of rollers until you have actually tried the machine.
Refills cost under a tenner for two from Amazon at the time of writing.
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Hard Skin Remover Refills
I think they are brilliant but some may not.

Think of all those bread machines that people bought and stored away?

All in all?
This is a machine that works a whole lot better than the old emery board methods.
It produces faster and MUCH BETTER results.
It is Ultra safe when compare to those old razor bladed 'safety' cutters.
It's a whole lot easier to use than fiddly boards where you may not be able to see your soles.
If you intend wearing sandals and are concerned about the appearance of your feet then this is the machine for you.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 11 July 2014
Excellent product. The only problem is that it sends skin flying everywhere. So do it outside or cover with a towel
on 14 May 2015
this item has developed a fault within 2 months of receiving it and I am now told it cannot be returned. I am absolutely disgusted with this policy.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Style Name: Device OnlyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Prior to trying this, I was using the more expensive Emjoi Micro-Pedi Professional. I had high hopes for the Scholl branded version but it's nowhere near as good as the Emjoi. Let me explain...

The unit itself is sturdy and ergonomic so it feels comfortable to hold and manoeuvre. There's one speed setting (Emjoi Professional has two but I tend to only use the high setting anyway) and the rollers are easy to change: there's a little switch at the side that you push which will allow you to pull the roller out or push back in. It's a larger & heavier unit compared to the Emjoi Professional (about 3.5cm longer) and it takes 4x AA batteries compared to 3x AAA for the Emjoi Professional.

The device makes a lot of noise - the Emjoi Professional is much quieter. On top of this, the fine skin dust flies absolutely everywhere: inhaling it is unavoidable (unless you have a mask) The Emjoi Professional is so much better here, I think because only half of the roller is actually exposed so it stops all the skin flying upwards and does a good job of directing skin flakes downwards. The other thing is, the roller on the Scholl, doesn't do as good a job as the standard Emjoi roller. The Scholl feels coarser and I've found it's just not as effective in buffing away dry skin. You need to spend more time with the roller over a couple of sessions, to get the same kind of results you get with the Emjoi Professional in one short session.

The Scholl isn't bad overall and I think 2 stars would have been too stingy - but there is something so much better on the market. Personally if it was a choice between the Scholl and a foot file, I would much rather have the Scholl - it's going to make lighter work of buffing and if you've got really dry, coarse skin on your feet you'll be there for ages with a manual foot file. But a choice between the Scholl and the Emjoi Professional, I would choose Emjoi every time. It's quieter, there's far less skin flying around and it does a great job of buffing away dry skin. For really soft feet, I also recommend using foot cream after using whichever Pedi device you have (I recommend Scholl dry skin instant recovery cream)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 August 2014
Being Diabetic, I find that circulation problems often
leave my feet with either peeling patchy skin or hard
skin areas, so I thought that I would try this gizmo.

Until now, I have used several types of Emery Board
foot scraper available from High Street stores
and whilst they do remove some skin debris I always
found that I had to continually moisturise my feet
to keep them from itching and feeling really rough
on the bed linen.

This Scholl product is similar to an emery board in
that it does the same job, but it rotates and works
without the puffing and panting that a manual remover
was causing this older person.

One advantage is that you cannot press too hard on the
skin, if you do, the gizmo stops, so no friction burns.

It works well, leaving an all over smooth effect and
does exactly what it claims to do.
Comes with batteries supplied and you can buy refill
heads of varying strengths.

Recommended. 5 Star product.
on 21 August 2014
I used for the first time and it did exactly what it claims to do, So much easier than the old type,Rub rub rub, how long the roller last's, & the batteries remains to be seen, arrived on time and was a fair price.Just one snag, i would have expected a face mask to be part of this purchase as a lot of hard skin dust is extinguished.
on 16 March 2015
Broke after 1 use had to send back,very poor construction
on 26 May 2015
Highly rate this product:
- Easy to open packaging
- Easy to get started (just put the batteries in)
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- No soaking or preparation of feet required beforehand
- Very quick results

You just turn the button on (switch button, you don't have to hold it down), and place it on your foot (not press down) and the results are seen in a matter of seconds. Just carry on until your foot is smooth and soft, this happens within a minute or two.

It does give off dust (which is partly the roller dust, and partly skin!) so I do this over a piece of paper and then put the dustings in the bin.
Once you've done a thorough job on both foot, just maintain with using it once a week and you'll always have smooth feet.

Best foot tool i've ever bought!

Recommend buying Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Intense Foot Serum alongside, to keep your feet not just smooth but soft and hydrated too.