Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 22 March 2015
I do not know if it is life changing, but I've implemented the books ideas into my own together with some other new ideas from other sources. Let us hope they last. Like all books that are not fiction, the 20/80 principle applies. The 20% of useful information is:
Set aside time to plan you week every week.
Decide the one thing you wish to accomplish this decade/year/month/week/day. Reserve time blocks to do your one thing, minimum four hours. Do not let anything disturb you while doing your one thing.
It is an easy and fun read, recommended.
on 7 May 2013
First, I confess to a lifelong struggle with procrastination and dragging my feet which has turned me into a bit of a productivity junkie.

Having set the scene, I found this book very helpful. The authors use stories to illustrate their premise - which always makes things easier to assimilate and understand - they also draw in threads from other books I have read recently which rather reinforces the points made there.

The book is an easy and enjoyable read but that doesn't mean its message doesn't pack a useful punch. It does. It is motivating as well as informative and practical.

I really liked the fact that the solution proposed is not just work related - the authors encourage you to focus on all domains of life - not, as they point out, to achieve balance but to recognise there is more to life than work.

The tips given about goal setting included the regular stuff that fellow productivity junkies will have read many times before BUT there is also a significant addition. an exercise, which you will almost certainly resist doing but if you do I am certain you will experience one of those 'aha' epiphanies of where it has all been going wrong in the past.

The only reason I haven't awarded 5 stars is because I think there was a chunk of repeated information at the back of the book which was unnecessary and I also question the price (I bought the KIndle edition) which did seem on the high side. (But that says more about my expectations than the value offered by the book).

Definitely recommended to anyone who is ending each day with a lot crossed off the ubiquitous list but with a sense of no-thing being done.
on 29 July 2013
In this day when we think we need to have it all, and all at once, the idea that we should focus on One Thing is refreshing.

The practice introduced in this book, of asking myself each day (or week), 'What one thing, if I did it, would make other things easier or unnecessary?' has changed how I approach prioritising my time.

Very, very useful. If you feel scattered, or like you are trying to manage too many things, or not handling things as well as you'd like, then take the time to read this.
on 12 July 2015
I found the book "The One Thing" to be very overrated. Gary Keller comes with a lot of claims and statements, but the majority of them are unsupported or with a weak argumentation behind.
He uses a lot of time without really saying anything. Once in a while you stumble upon a good point or two, but it kind of drowns in all the other noise.
on 6 May 2013
I have the kindle version as the hardback was taking three weeks to deliver and I didn't want to wait... Very useful presentation of the latest research on focus, willpower and motivation, entwined with advice and tips on getting the most out of the day through working smarter rather then harder. Recommended reading for all from teenagers to seniors.
on 9 September 2013
This is a very well written book that has the ability to change your life for the better - very quickly...

One thing is "real" and extremely helpful in explaining the "how to" create a strategy for success.

I took this book away with me for a couple of weeks on my summer holiday and read it 3 or 4 times because I'm in the middle of a process that needed me to choose "one thing" above all others and it helped - a lot...

As most people find out - to their detriment - staying focused on one thing is not as straight forward as it seems - multitasking is an illusion - and the authors have a lovely way of telling their story in a way that is both engaging and interesting - and most importantly - in a way that you can learn from it and actually apply the knowledge they want to share - in your own life...

Well worth buying as a resource and reference - because books like this are few and far between...
on 2 December 2014
One of the best books I've read in this genre. Including the "ONE Thing" idea it discusses how to leverage the power of habits instead of relying on willpower. Another book that covers this subject very well is called the "The Real Law Of Attraction" by George Abegha which even goes further in explaining the difference between Ego and the Real Self, how the Ego is really in control most of the time and how to program it to work for us in achieving great feats.
on 31 December 2013
I purchased this book during the process of starting a business as i wanted help with my organisational skills. I have found the book to be very clear and helpful for that purpose and would recommend it for anybody who needs to bring organisation or focus to any area of their life. The book is well written, engaging and memorable.
on 8 November 2014
Simply good food for your mind. A very big swing in thought has just happened. Compounding what I've subliminally always thought. Now I know! ;-)
on 1 November 2015
Many people have wrote great reviews for this book and i only usually buy books on a high number of good reviews & ratings & rarely write reviews so i had high expectations of this book when it arrived (earlier than predicted as well). Started to just flick through the beginning but within 5 minutes i could not put it down and was looking for a pen to underline the great points in it.
Every chapter throughout the book makes some brilliant points and are easy to do, i especially like the 'Big Ideas' at end of each chapter but to me the very best part is Section 3 Extraordinary Results this just blew me away and have this last week started to use it to clear the fog around a new project to get things prioritised.
I have been looking for 1 book that will help me focus because i do get distracted and drift off and this book is THE ONE i cannot put it down and am currently rereading it again and this will be my 'Go to' book to get the focus and clarity i need to be able to implement the ideas easily into every day life. JUST BUY IT it is worth every penny