on 29 October 2014
Absolutely fantastic. Bought as a gift for someone, and after hearing the sound from it - and how loud it can get without disruption in sound quality I'm extremely impressed. Bought for £20 and I would 100% recommend it
on 29 July 2012
Ok, firstly this is a very thin and compact Bluetooth speaker so I can report, with this in mind, that the sound is very good.

You will never get the bass from likes of their Boom Dock but then it would be stupid to think you could from anything this small.

The case is really neat. I think it's a must have on anything which is travelling around with you like this. It's nice to see a hard case style like this with the capacity to put some extra cables and even a small MP3 player in it.
It's a big thumbs up. I hate it when I see suppliers just throw in a baggie which does no more then protect the speaker from dust!

The fact the rechargeable battery can be removed is also a unusual but good touch. You may notice it looks like the old Nokia batteries so replacements are very easy to find for cheep.
In my mind, 10 hours is a very good charge but for a little extra you could have a few of these in the case and suddenly it's more of a weekend camping trip then it is a day out for just 10 hours!
66 comments170 of 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 October 2013
Excellent sounding speaker, ideal for playing music or playing your movies through via either tablet or Smart phone. Was very surprised by the rich clarity and great sounding Bass as i first listened to the Kit Sound speaker. Easy to set up and works well with Android or Apple devices. Very lightweight, comes with a little stand and rechargeable battery and a smart case, very portable so good to take with you to work or accompany you on holiday. Cheap price for a good quality product. Its well worth the purchase. I really rate it highly.....
on 11 August 2014
brilliant piece of kit well done kitsound I have a boomdock from you and a blue tooth adapter for home use they are just great.i wanted a portable speaker for my holidays and along came this boombar and it just brilliant; sound is crystal clear and so easy to connect to.excellent speaker super sound loud enough to fill a large room with quality sound neat tidy smart and with a case good battery life its just and awesome bit of kit and I noticed some body said Tesco were selling it cheaper they are £10 more expensive.
on 25 September 2015
Brilliant speaker, the more you use it and break it in the better it sounds. Great battery life and because it has a removable battery you can purchase a spare and keep a charged one in the case ready.
on 10 December 2015
It's a brilliant little speaker. Good bass quality. Would definitely recommend
Overall, I was very pleased with this device. It comes with a nice protective case and all the necessary cables, this is a very nice touch considering the price. The sound quality isn't great but this is primarily because of the 2w speakers. It's possible to improve the audio quality by standing the speaker upright on a wooden surface. This seems to help the sound resonate and deepens the bass tones somewhat. The speakers aren't very loud, but that is to be expected for the price.

The ideal usage case for these would be if you had a Bluetooth compatible HDMI video streaming device, such as an Amazon Fire TV, connected to a HDMI monitor without any speakers. You could then use the BoomBar to provide audio from the device. Bluetooth pairing is simple and they appear to use the Bluetooth V4 protocol which make Bluetooth pairing much less problematic with current gen devices.
on 12 January 2016
Great piece of kit. It's no BOSE, but then again I'm no audiophile and I don't need top of the range sound quality. I just need a speaker that I can take to work so I can listen to music on a night shift. The music quality sounds good at all volumes, no crackliness. A nice level of bass for its size, a great volume on it, it's stylish looking and with a nice case, but what really sells it is the battery life. I haven't seen the play time even closely matched by anything at a similar price. Bluetooth also easy to connect, aux cable supplied in case your media source doesn't have Bluetooth. Can charge whilst playing which is also a big bonus.
on 15 January 2016
I can highly recommend thi! I bought this speaker online about 2 years ago to use in my job as a sports coach. We are in half a sports hall and play music whilst we train. This small slim speaker packs a mighty punch for just 2W and adequate for us to train and coach without being intrusive. It has a meaty bass and broad sound on all levels. Even on full volume, there is no distortion. I bluetooth music from my tablet via spotify and works a treat but you can also use the cables to connect 3mm jack to headphone socket. It has a mobile phone battery and recharges great - lasts for approx 6 hours.
on 18 January 2016
Amazing pair of speakers for a super low price.these are the older edition too so God knows how great the newer one would be! The bass on these are phenomenal! Great packaging too