on 6 July 2014
I love the Finder app particularly as it gives you lots of different ways of looking for and displaying documents. It is a beautiful machine and I the screen definition is brilliant! The mouse is very easy to use, sleek and comfortable. The keyboard is great very neat and the keys are just a dream!
on 29 December 2014
Great machine. Bought one for my wife's birthday and i must say that for her needs its just great. She had never tried a mac before but now she doest want anything else :)

Heres a couple of videos on performance of this machine:

If you are looking for a reliable machine for your computing needs than you should definately consider the Imac 21". Even if you haven't tried OSX before everything is so intuitive that your learning curve will be very short.

All in all a great machine with a great OS
review image
on 25 April 2014
I fell in love with Apple Mac when I saw it in a friend's house and when my Windows XP finally gave up the ghost decided to buy an Apple for myself. Haven't regretted it and would recommend it to anyone who really wants quality and service.
on 6 December 2013
I had been looking around for this model for a while as wanted to make sure I got it for a good price from a trusted seller.
It arrived the next day, couldn't have been simpler to set up (thank you Apple!) and I love it!! I recommend buying the disk drive to go with it as they don't come built-in anymore.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 February 2014
I've been using windows based PC's since 1994 and after Microsofts latest version(win8/8.1) it was time to call it a day. I have had my iMac for a while now, with not ONE issue, i only wish i had made the switch a long time ago. I know this kit does not come cheap but believe me its well worth the extra cash. The after sale service you get from Apple is second to none not that i have needed to call them, but what i have heard from friends and family they are in a class of their own. The only worry i had about making the switch was getting familiar with the OS(Mavericks), after a couple of weeks i have now become very confidant with its interface. I seriously suggest you make the switch you won't regret it.
on 26 June 2014
Apple computer arrived 3 days ahead of scheduled delivery date, well packaged.
Setting up was relatively straight forward as I have other Apple products (iPhone and iPad) .
Having owned a Windows PC previously and grown very tried of Microsofts seemingly endless operating system updates, which almost certainly end up requiring new hardware I decided to go down the Apple route if only to achieve compatibility with our other Apple products.
Only possible gripe with Apple devices is trying to get them to "talk to" our Sonos system, no problem with playing radio stations but playing music actually held on the PC, let alone ever being able to stream from iCloud, is seemingly fraught with problems and from I have read elsewhere on the web I'm not the only one. Please, please Apple and Sonos get it together, you both make brilliant products and would so good if they interfaced better with each other.
on 28 April 2014
After using Windows & PCs for 25 years this is a breath of fresh air.

An excellent computer with a great OS and really good bundled software.

It is fast and reliable and the OS is far more user friendly than Windows.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2014
This is a replacement for my Mid 2011 desktop Mac and there are many improvements over my existing machine. Everything is a lot faster on the new model, Late 2013, and the most noticeable feature is the non reflective screen. There's no built in disk drive on the new Mac's but to be honest I didn't use it very much anyway. That said, for an extra fifty pounds I purchased one just in case. The item was advertised with Mountain Lion but arrived with Marvericks already installed and it was also boxed in the new design carton, excellent!

The final word must go to Amazon for sourcing the very latest Apple products at competitive prices and fast shipping.
on 1 October 2014
... but there are niggles. I'm finding that OSX is not intuitive, after years of using Microsoft, and I'm struggling to work out how to use the various utility apps, despite the so-called "help" function. However, it works pretty well and quickly, generally - BUT I have had one catastrophic failure when the thing started refusing to boot - I had to completely reset it, and it took a whole day to do - and that was after I'd spent half an hour trying to work out how to do it! Not impressed by that!

One small but, to me, really irritating point: I am cross that there is no pound sign, as in GBP, on the keyboard!

I suspect I could have found something that suits me as well for a smaller price and not coming out of the Apple orchard. My tip: do your research and read Which reviews!

*Update*: have to confess that I have just found the £ sign! It was masquerading as the "hash" sign - which the US, of course, call "pound"... Logical, I suppose!
on 23 October 2015
Microsoft user for over 30 years. "Apple expensive, poor value and for the specialists and the well-heeled." WRONG!! I've only had one major problem with this product - ME. I've had to 'unlearn' lots of the last 30 years - and that's slowed my initiation into Apple's world. I've been as irritated as anything with Apple's assumption that I'm a computer idiot and therefore need to be spoon-fed everything. My carefully learned catalogue of MS keyboard short-cuts have led me into trouble MANY times as I forget I need to move slowly and check that what I'm doing is also applicable on this machine. Sometimes it is; mostly it isn't. The air has been blue....
Now for the GOOD news. The screen display is brilliant, both literally and metaphorically. The switch between open screens is neat (once I worked it out...). Emails now are a fingertip task. I hate 'Photos' because I have my own catalogue system that Photos won't let me use - so I've now loaded all my file directories (including the directories with nearly 50,000 photos) onto the desktop from where I can get what I want when I want it how I want it. [Note to Apple: 'Photos' would be SO much better if you'd let me put photos where I want to and label them how I want instead of YOU telling me what date, for example, applies.] So the GOOD news is that I've found a way of doing what I want with the files I've transferred even if it's not what Apple thinks I'll do.
For me, more GOOD news. I've used MS Word and MS Excel for too long now to change. The Apple version is (more or less) an enclosed world free of Apple-isms so stuff does what I think it will. BUT in the Apple environment, I feel well-protected from outside baddies and find the need to put in my password whenever I'm downloading potentially hazardous material very reassuring.
The Apple mouse.... GOOD news - it's brilliantly sensitive and does some magic stuff. BAD news - it's brilliantly sensitive and does some magic stuff. Be prepared to see your screen vanish left or right or up or down just because you touched the mouse where and when you shouldn't have. On the other hand, even though I still haven't completely mastered the technique (I am, after all a bloke over 70yo), stick with it folks - it's worth it for the controlled magic.
OVERALL - really, really glad I amazed my wife (owner of iPad & iPhone) and moved from the MS World into the clutches of Apple. I'm still learning - and some things still frustrate - but I now definitely recommend waverers to go for it (if they're not locked into MS by, for example, an employer). The price isn't peanuts and well beyond average PC pricing BUT, if you can afford it, it's worth it. [And that display, even though not at the very pinnacle of Apple's capabilities, is truly brilliant.] Be prepared to learn but (unlike me) go with the Apple flow for the easy route to desktop comfort.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse